Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Goduckies said:

About a month ago I got skewered for claiming the SC decision to hand abortion back to the states would hurt the chances of Reps from taking over both halls of congress. The numbers have tightened up quite a bit over the last several weeks and I don't see the huge movement right in this upcoming election.

The timing of the SC decision could not have come at a worse time. The Reps did their usual fuck up by running easy candidates for rats to compete with and the press is doing their normal hatchet job on Republicans and complete and utter praise for that fucking idiot biden. All combined have had an impact.

This is going to be interesting but it is no longer going to be the landslide everyone has been predicting over the last year.

Curious on some others thoughts.

My opinion still hasn't changed if they lose it is due to them being idiots or bad candidates not abortion... nobody has given that a thought for the last month.
    Can it be all 3? Dr. Oz is certainly the first two. Is “Herschel” a good candidate?
    Democrats never have to defend their shitty candidates but every GOP does

Most politicians are shitty

Hope this helps

Vote issues
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jeff Merkley is a US Senator. I rest my case.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

Kim Schrier and Patty are running ads disassociating themselves from Biden. Kim calling out how she “has taken on the Biden administration.” Patty’s campaign tagline is “getting back on track.” Both talking inflation and gas prices.

Never seen a climate this bad for democrats. Republicans can easily screw this up, but it won’t be because of abortion, it will be from not going after the economy enough.

You should look who’s in her district
    All your downvoting faggot shill monkeypox buddies?

“The National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU), which claims to represent about 70,000 IRS employees, has ‘strongly endorsed’ the climate and tax bill called the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, which could allow the federal tax collecting agency to hire nearly 87,000 employees over the next decade. Many of the new employees could join the union, which through a political action committee gives almost 100% of its funding to Democratic politicians and committees.”

The NTEU is a major donor to Kim Schrier.
    Link?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I need receipts when I pass it on.

TIA

• Options
    RezMuttJeffRezMuttJeff Member Posts: 87
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

Kim Schrier and Patty are running ads disassociating themselves from Biden. Kim calling out how she “has taken on the Biden administration.” Patty’s campaign tagline is “getting back on track.” Both talking inflation and gas prices.

Never seen a climate this bad for democrats. Republicans can easily screw this up, but it won’t be because of abortion, it will be from not going after the economy enough.

“The National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU), which claims to represent about 70,000 IRS employees, has ‘strongly endorsed’ the climate and tax bill called the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, which could allow the federal tax collecting agency to hire nearly 87,000 employees over the next decade. Many of the new employees could join the union, which through a political action committee gives almost 100% of its funding to Democratic politicians and committees.”

Link?

TIA

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/?data_type=processed&committee_id=C00652628&committee_id=C00685800&committee_id=C00724351&contributor_name=C00107128
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    46XiJCAB said:

Patty Murray is a U.S. Senator? How is that possible?

Dom (@Haie) should use his wealth, power and prestige to do something about that.
  • Options
    RezMuttJeffRezMuttJeff Member Posts: 87
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022
    Now imagine how much in under the table kickbacks took place. Aside from the fact if you supported the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 in any capacity you are corrupt to the core, let alone a major cheerleader for it like Kim Schrier. Patty Murray is legitimate dumbfuck but I don't buy it from this one.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,352
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

An he is.bad
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

Link?

TIA

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/?data_type=processed&committee_id=C00652628&committee_id=C00685800&committee_id=C00724351&contributor_name=C00107128

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    81 Million Votes. 26 Million more than 2016.

Explain that, Libs.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,119
    edited August 2022

Explain that, Libs.

It’s been explained quite a few times, actually.

It would be pretty impressive for the GOP to screw up November and not take both houses.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Explain that, Libs.

It would be pretty impressive for the GOP to screw up November and not take both houses.
    Not satisfactorily.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

Explain that, Libs.

Really? Link?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,119
    pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Explain that, Libs.

Not satisfactorily.

I accept your dissatisfaction and respect the right you have to your opinion.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

About a month ago I got skewered for claiming the SC decision to hand abortion back to the states would hurt the chances of Reps from taking over both halls of congress. The numbers have tightened up quite a bit over the last several weeks and I don't see the huge movement right in this upcoming election.

The timing of the SC decision could not have come at a worse time. The Reps did their usual fuck up by running easy candidates for rats to compete with and the press is doing their normal hatchet job on Republicans and complete and utter praise for that fucking idiot biden. All combined have had an impact.

This is going to be interesting but it is no longer going to be the landslide everyone has been predicting over the last year.

Curious on some others thoughts.

I’m well documented as saying taking on abortion before the midterms was as losing of a strategy as there was.

The Supremes did their thing, which was not in control of candidates running for election. But all of the states doubling down on restrictions has been a disaster.

We’re down to maybe keeping a 50/50 in the Senate and maybe coming out 7-10 seats ahead in the House.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    MelloDawg said:

pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Explain that, Libs.

Not satisfactorily.

I accept your dissatisfaction and respect the right you have to your opinion.
    It’s because everyone hates the orange man so much.

Is that your explanation?

Because Biden as a pure candidate is the weakest since Dukakis.

Honestly he’s probably a worse candidate than Dukakis.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2022
    Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.