Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coaching Search

Comments

• webdawg13webdawg13 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    @sonics1993 awhile ago you posted Jeff Hafley was a coach you really liked as an option. You still feel strong about him? Would he check the box of a relentless recruiter?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sonics is Cohen looking for more of a recruiter or a coach? I understand that they could hire one that can do both. Any chance a guy like Donte Williams gets a look at HC if not one of the coordinator positions. Id love him as a recruiter personally. And Bob Stoops would excite me, but is he even interested and are we interested?

How about Ed Oregeron? Tom Herman?

Me, along with other people outside the program, have all told Jen, whoever is hired needs to be a relentless recruiter, and there needs to be an emphasis on recruiting with this next hire which she agrees. We are all sick of Oregon kicking our ass in recruiting, and that needs to change, which Jen fully understands.
    Great, Tosh Lupoi here we come.
    If we hire a defensive minded HC, Tosh as DC would actually be good
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Sonics is Cohen looking for more of a recruiter or a coach? I understand that they could hire one that can do both. Any chance a guy like Donte Williams gets a look at HC if not one of the coordinator positions. Id love him as a recruiter personally. And Bob Stoops would excite me, but is he even interested and are we interested?

Me, along with other people outside the program, have all told Jen, whoever is hired needs to be a relentless recruiter, and there needs to be an emphasis on recruiting with this next hire which she agrees. We are all sick of Oregon kicking our ass in recruiting, and that needs to change, which Jen fully understands.
    Great, Tosh Lupoi here we come.
    If we hire a defensive minded HC, Tosh as DC would actually be good
    Was going to post the same thing. The only scenario where I'd be okay with a Wilcox hire is if Tosh comes back in some capacity. I don't think he'd come back to college unless he gets a DC title though and Wilcox and Sirmon are attached at the hip.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Stop acting like Kim with the subtle flexes about your access to Jen. You got a lot of love here initially because you shared good info without the ego.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    webdawg13 said:

@sonics1993 awhile ago you posted Jeff Hafley was a coach you really liked as an option. You still feel strong about him? Would he check the box of a relentless recruiter?

Fuck that guy.

TheHB said:

webdawg13 said:

Fuck that guy.

Not my 1st choice either based off his current record thats for sure. Curious if he's still really high on him though.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I get that he's got a reputation as an ace recruiter, but that can't be the only trick in his bag.

I mean, nice tits are awesome, but if you look like a seahag and you smell like a sea otter ... never mind, I just remembered where I was.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021

Stop acting like Kim with the subtle flexes about your access to Jen. You got a lot of love here initially because you shared good info without the ego.
    Lot of sizzle and no steak with sonics. The sark of the boards

He was right about Jimmy so props there

But he isnt donating 500k to the program and Jen isnt asking him shit
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Look at these two and their Wam subscription.

Wait. Oops.

Founders Club
    pawz said:

Look at these two and their Wam subscription.

Wait. Oops.

Ive gotten a Wam membership the last 5 years or so. I tagged Derek and told him $100.81 for the remaining 9 months along with a 3 day ban for Fudge.

Last year I think I negotiated a 7 day ban for Fudge because he was annoying the fuck out of everyone, and it was granted

He took the board advice to be a better poaster...so 3 days sounds fair?
  • BendDawg24BendDawg24 Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    @sonics1993, saw a rumor that Stoops wants 6mil for himself and 7mil for assistants. Any truth to that and could UW make those numbers happen?
    Founders Club
    Does any school shell out 7m for assistants?
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Does any school shell out 7m for assistants?

UW was paying almost $6 for assistants under Pete. $7 isn't that big of a jump.
    Make it happen
    Would love to hear if smoke around Stoops is actually legit or not. I would be pleasantly surprised that UW is actually caring about football if we get that done...
  • SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stoops is probably waiting to see if Lincoln Riley goes to LSU. Stoops might pounce on his old Oklahoma HC job.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Seadawg said:

Stoops is probably waiting to see if Lincoln Riley goes to LSU. Stoops might pounce on his old Oklahoma HC job.

Damn! Another newfish!