Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Gladstone said:
    Not sure I like Hafley, seems like a stretch to go after an East Coast guy who is 2-5 in conference this year. If UW goes for an East Coast guy, I'd rather have someone like Dave Clawson from Wake Forest. He's a program building and despite today's loss, he's still 9-2.

Incidentally, Clawson and Hafley face off next week.

And of course, I continue to beat De Meat for DeBoer.
    Hafley would be an interesting choice. Think he would be a good choice overall, but I would wonder how he would do recruiting the West Coast
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203

HFNY said:

Gladstone said:
    Not sure I like Hafley, seems like a stretch to go after an East Coast guy who is 2-5 in conference this year. If UW goes for an East Coast guy, I'd rather have someone like Dave Clawson from Wake Forest. He's a program building and despite today's loss, he's still 9-2.

Hafley would be an interesting choice. Think he would be a good choice overall, but I would wonder how he would do recruiting the West Coast
    Recruiters can recruit. Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama and Oklahoma recruit the West Coast quite well. Wonder if their coaches grew up here?
    Very true
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,989
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

Gladstone said:

He’s already landed guys from all over the country. I am more concerned about his scheme and ability to teach technique. He can recruit.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Deboner or burn it all down.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Just shitty “reporters” with no real info putting out speculative lists

But Kim has a guy at USC.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Mullen is out. Florida is on the board. We’ll see a lot of exits this week and next. I’d guess things start moving quickly after that.
  • Options
    HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

Mullen is out. Florida is on the board. We’ll see a lot of exits this week and next. I’d guess things start moving quickly after that.

Another job that shoves UW down pecking order. Big Game Bob LSU/SC/Florida are all open w/ Penn State a possibility

Stoops: See my purple tie.................
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck no! He’s a worse recruiter than Lake
    Lake is much worse. Rather have him over Campbell
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

Another job that shoves UW down pecking order. Big Game Bob LSU/SC/Florida are all open w/ Penn State a possibility

Washington is by far the easiest to make the playoffs with. Not even biased
    USC and I had a hearty laugh at your (continuous) stupidity.
    I remember USC in the playoffs

No wait I don't

Chip just ran Route 66 up their ass
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

USC with a good catch would have a 4 year conference unbeaten streak.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In order of attraction

USC
    LSU
    UF
    UW

The only top guy that could be an option for all is probably Aranda. Doubt we get him.

I dont see Fickle, Aranda or Stoops happening which doesn't leave much for a semi guaranteed good hire. Is Deboer a guy USC would look at?
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TXDawg said:

- Goal is to have a coach announced early in the week, right after the apple cup. That would give the head coach two weeks for home visits and official visits.

This timeline feels like a red flag to me. Does the kind of coach we want to hire make a move at this point in the season? I know we're getting to the weird time where coaches wrap up their seasons but are gone before their team's bowl game, so maybe. Are we favoring speed of decision over making the right decision? That didn't work last time.

I guess three weeks is better than the three minute search we did for Jimmy.
    Yes. This is the time.

Unless they are in a conference championship, the season ends next weekend. Coaches bail at that point and leave the assistants to coach the bowl.

That gives just this week to negotiate and sign. It's mostly agents doing the talking.

It puts the coach in with time to hire assistants and get on signing the December class.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    EwaDawg said:

godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

USC has been to the playoffs??