Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,989
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

EwaDawg said:

godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

Mullen is out. Florida is on the board. We’ll see a lot of exits this week and next. I’d guess things start moving quickly after that.

Another job that shoves UW down pecking order. Big Game Bob LSU/SC/Florida are all open w/ Penn State a possibility

Stoops: See my purple tie.................
    Washington is by far the easiest to make the playoffs with. Not even biased
    USC and I had a hearty laugh at your (continuous) stupidity.
    USC has been to the playoffs??
    We’re dealing in hypotheticals. In a world where a competent coach is in charge at usc. The south has one other program worth anything. It wouldn’t be hard to go 12-1.
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Cohen is going to pull some coach out of her ass. Something totally unexpected. She going to get a Nick Saban, or a Brian Kelly level coach. Back up the Brinks truck and offer the moon, she needs a home run hire, and I think she's going to go for it.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Seadawg said:

I think Cohen is going to pull some coach out of her ass. Something totally unexpected. She going to get a Nick Saban, or a Brian Kelly level coach. Back up the Brinks truck and offer the moon, she needs a home run hire, and I think she's going to go for it.

Does Jen Cohen even know what a home run is?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Seadawg said:

Grandslam*
    Maybe if we're talking about a Denny's Grand Slam.
    You read my mind. And stole my joke.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,119
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Dan Mullen is epic fail. Ted Lasso would be my choice quite honestly.
    Only if he’s bringing “Beard” with him.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    "Coach Mullen became available."
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Seadawg said:

She better find out quick, this hire will determine her future. A run of the mill coach and she can just clean out her office early.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Seadawg said:

Seadawg said:

She better find out quick, this hire will determine her future. A run of the mill coach and she can just clean out her office early.
    I'm not sure she wants to stay that much longer. Maybe 1 or 2 more seasons (at most).
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

Seadawg said:

Seadawg said:

I'm not sure she wants to stay that much longer. Maybe 1 or 2 more seasons (at most).
    When you look at her contract status, it’s hard to envision that she stays past the expiration … which makes summer/fall of 2023 the absolute latest she stays with no announcement

Her coaching hire track record is awful and I don’t think anybody trusts her to make those decisions going forward

Moreover, what UW needs going forward out of an AD isn’t necessarily in her wheel house as it pertains the need to think big time … how her reputation plays out on the fund raising side is probably a TBD

I suspect she’s not immune to the politics and optics that it’s in her long term best interest to leave on good terms versus bad or awkward terms
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So you’re tell me that Jen isn’t “all in?”
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    According to Mike Martin of husky maven looks like we struck out on a potential big hire
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

According to Mike Martin of husky maven looks like we struck out on a potential big hire

Sounds like this guy knows his stuff
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I am hoping he means Stoops