Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LeBron

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    TSIO, LeBron is the best player in the world, enough said on that. However he is not Michael Jordan.
    If it weren't for the miracle ray allen 3 last year LeBron is on the verge of a 1-4 finals record (even though in 2007 he basically had no chance) That does not happen to Jordan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    dhdawg said:

TSIO, LeBron is the best player in the world, enough said on that. However he is not Michael Jordan.
    If it weren't for the miracle ray allen 3 last year LeBron is on the verge of a 1-4 finals record (even though in 2007 he basically had no chance) That does not happen to Jordan

Why is Lebron being punished for willing bad teams to the finals? In your world he'd be better off not even making the finals this year or 2007 which they obviously were completely overmatched.

I mean Jordan lost in the 1st round three years in a row winning just one game. Do we hold that against him?

Kobe in his prime couldn't get past round one three years in a row do we hold that against him?

This is a great Spurs team. Give them their credit. If social media were around in the 80's you guys would be on Magic's ass in 1983 and 1989.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited June 2014
    Fact: Jordan would NEVER let this happen to his team. That's the difference between the two. That's the reason he's not in the same league as MJ and never will be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    So this board is really going to do this huh? Act like Skip Bayless and blame this on Lebron.

He played better this series than he did last year against the Spurs. He shot incredible. The Heat aren't this dream team I've been saying that all year about this supporting cast. Was mocked for saying Wade is washed up.

Parker was 0-10 shooting and the Spurs best player IMO. They were up 20 you think OKC, Miami, Clippers or any championship contender in the last 20 years could have their best player have a game like that and still kick ass? Fuck no!

Pop is the G.O.A.T for coaches IMO.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    Ts and Ps to Race Bannon
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited June 2014
    When Jordan wasn't busy inspiring his teammates to play better he was taking over games singlehandedly. No 20 pt blowouts 3 games in a row. Lebron's demeanor has loser written all over it. Where's that championship DNA he boasted they've got? He should have ate more Wheaties growing up because he's not like Mike.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I'm not a Lebron guy but I'm mostly with Tim on this one. People act like Jordan just wanted it so bad he was unbeatable, but they conveniently forget his team's fell short of the finals seven times. Lebron should get credit for taking that Cavs team to the Finals, not blame for falling short.

That said, this is not that 07 Cavs team. It's not a historic Heat team but it's pretty damn good. I do think an in prime Jordan leads that squad to victory over the Spurs if all you do is swap him and LeBron. But bashing LBJ for not being Jordan is completely unfair. Nobody else is Jordan. Lebron's still one of the best players of all time.
    Im not blaming lebron for this I'm just saying he isn't Jordan. Jordan was 6-0 in finals, lebron is lucky to be 2-3 with a better supporting cast. Sounds like you need to learn the difference
    edited June 2014
    dhdawg said:

Im not blaming lebron for this I'm just saying he isn't Jordan. Jordan was 6-0 in finals, lebron is lucky to be 2-3 with a better supporting cast. Sounds like you need to learn the difference

Good God man!

Jordan had fucking Pippen! That's like if LeBron had Durant!
    dhdawg said:

Anybody who thinks he's Jordan isn't worth talking to.

I think the supporting cast question is interesting though. I'm not convinced Jordan's wasn't better. Pretty sure I'd take his cast from the second threepeat, assuming we're including coaching in supporting cast.
    PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Good God man!

You are vastly overrating pippen. Maybe I was wrong, I didn't even think about coaching. But pippen was not the second best player in the league. Fucking A
    dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Good God man!

You are vastly overrating pippen. Maybe I was wrong, I didn't even think about coaching. But pippen was not the second best player in the league. Fucking A
    Yes. He was. Check the facts.
    dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Good God man!

YRYK, Pippen wasn't close to #2 player in the league. He's better than Wade or Bosh though.

If Pippen was the #2 player in the league then he was the best player in the league when Jordan retired. Hell no.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Duncan > Lebron
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2014
    PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Good God man!

Pippen is a very good player, but Durant is on another stratosphere as an offensive player. People sleep on how good Durant is and what his legacy will be when/if he wins a couple titles. Averaging 32 a game on 50/40/90 is incredible and very tough to do. The only defense anyone has against him is to hope he misses.

I do agree that Jordan with Pippen and Grant/Rodman had a better cast than LeBron currently does. LeBron's isn't terrible though either. Wade was playing very well before this series.
    Yo ima let you finish, but Pippen was one of the best defenders OF ALL TIME. I will concede Olajuwon being better, though. Pippen was still a first team all-NBA and first team all-defense after Jordan retired the first time.
    I don't think he's definitively better than wade was in his prime
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

So this board is really going to do this huh? Act like Skip Bayless and blame this on Lebron.

He played better this series than he did last year against the Spurs. He shot incredible. The Heat aren't this dream team I've been saying that all year about this supporting cast. Was mocked for saying Wade is washed up.

Parker was 0-10 shooting and the Spurs best player IMO. They were up 20 you think OKC, Miami, Clippers or any championship contender in the last 20 years could have their best player have a game like that and still kick ass? Fuck no!

Pop is the G.O.A.T for coaches IMO.

It's not LeBron's fault Miami lost.

This series did confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that LeBron is inferior to Jordan, Kobe, and Duncan though.

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

dhdawg said:

Good God man!

Pippen is a very good player, but Durant is on another stratosphere as an offensive player. People sleep on how good Durant is and what his legacy will be when/if he wins a couple titles. Averaging 32 a game on 50/40/90 is incredible and very tough to do. The only defense anyone has against him is to hope he misses.

I do agree that Jordan with Pippen and Grant/Rodman had a better cast than LeBron currently does. LeBron's isn't terrible though either. Wade was playing very well before this series.
    Don't forget Kukoc!