Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LeBron

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

It's classic First Take narrative let's be lazy and blame the super star and act like Magic, Bird, MJ and Kobe(In my opinion doesn't belong with those three yet his fans constantly insist that he does) never ever had a bad moment.

If you command the ship and the lion's share of attention on your team, you can expect to be the first one criticized when the ship sinks due to your lack of leadership. HTH.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It's classic First Take narrative let's be lazy and blame the super star and act like Magic, Bird, MJ and Kobe(In my opinion doesn't belong with those three yet his fans constantly insist that he does) never ever had a bad moment.

If you command the ship and the lion's share of attention on your team, you can expect to be the first one criticized when the ship sinks due to your lack of leadership. HTH.
    This is the problem. I don't think Lebron's a great leader but I don't think leadership was the problem here. They got beat by a better team. Yes, if you swap out Jordan I think they win, but that's the only player in history I'd say that about. If only one player in history would have gotten them the victory, you just tip your cap and admit the Spurs were a better coached, developed, rested and staffed team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    dnc said:

When Jordan retired Pippen was probably the 3rd best player in the game behind Olajuwon and Ewing. Pippen often gets downplayed by the Jordan dick riders I noticed.

I also don't think if you switch Jordan in his prime they win this series. Lebron had his best Finals offensively so what more could have MJ done? I feel like this thread needs to re-watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkVnlA9CJo

You guys are pulling a Bayless with this shit of "Jordan would have willed his team, he would have wanted it more".

This Spurs team is better than any team Jordan has ever defeated in his career. That's a fact. They had an 8.0 SRS rating for this year which is pretty fucking good.

Jordan you all forget before Pippen got good couldn't get past great teams on his own and was 1-9 in the first round before Pippen was drafted.

Also I think Jordan had a better supporting cast than this current Heat team. Pippen in any of those 6 titles was better than this years Wade. Ron Harper although on the downside was better than Chalmers/Cole. Grant/Rodman vs Bosh is whatever you prefer. Bosh better offensively but those two were better defenders/rebounders. Cartwright/Longley sadly are better than any big man Miami has currently.

Bench? Kukoc in 1996-98 is better than 2014 Ray Allen. Steve Kerr this current Heat team doesn't even have a Steve Kerr(I guess Cole?).

You guys are reminding me of Doogman with this shit. It's classic First Take narrative let's be lazy and blame the super star and act like Magic, Bird, MJ and Kobe(In my opinion doesn't belong with those three yet his fans constantly insist that he does) never ever had a bad moment. Magic never got swept in the finals in 1983 and 1989, never lost in the playoffs in 5 games in 1985, 1990 or 1991. Bird never repeated as a champion but that is ignored same with his first title someone else won Finals MVP.

The Jazz were a 7.97 SRS team in 97 and got knocked out in six games. You're putting a hell of a lot of weight in 0.03 points of SRS. 4-2 against 7.97 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1-4 against 8.00.

You're right there's too much criticism being heaped at Lebron, but if you insist on comparing him to Jordan he's going to continue to look like shit. Jordan >>>>>>>>>>> Lebron.
    I'm using the Hugh Millen eye test when I say this Spurs team is better than that Jazz team.

Also I think Jordan is better than Lebron. I don't think Jordan in his prime on this Heat they win the series against the Spurs. Just my opinion as I think Lebron played a good series I really do. In 2011 he didn't and I was there to throw stones towards him.

I really don't think that. These Spurs are too deep, too team oriented, too focused, well coached and they spent 12 months wanting Miami. They looked like a team wanting revenge, while Miami looked like a tired ass team who just played four straight finals.
    Also it's been said in here but let's recap Duncan for a minute. He wins a title in 1999 and then had his own chance to take his talents elsewhere. If you guys remember the big rumor was he was going to leave the aging Spurs team for the Magic who cleared out cap space to get him, Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady. He shocked everyone by staying.

Then as the Spurs were looking over the hill like in 2009 and 2010 going into 2011 Popovich sat Duncan and Parker down. He said we need to scrap what we were(boring ass slow pace team, half court, grind it out) and go to a run and gun team. This will be Tony Parker's team now. Duncan unlike Lebron or Kobe accepted what was best for the team. In 2011 they have the best record but Ginoboli is hurt so they lose to DNC's Grizz. 2012 best record again only to blow a 2-0 to OKC. In 2013 we all remember how that went down.

The Spurs have re-tooled their team going from a slow pace, half court team to a run and gun team who unlike those Phoenix teams can play great defense when needed. Pop has built up guys like Boris Diaw who Charlotte two years ago let go, traded for Leonard who fell to the 15th pick, Patty Mills was a cast off from Portland, I believe Danny Green was in the NBDL just last year at some point.

Duncan like RoadDawg or DNC said accepted 10 million a year as did Parker. Both could have easily gone max. I mean Kobe just signed a 2/48 based on what he's done, Wade has 2/40 left on his deal too.

Now speaking of Wade what does he do? Does he pull a Duncan and opt out of his deal and sign for a deal that is more what he's worth now so the Heat can improve their roster? or does he opt in and collect the pay check? Not my money so I won't fault him either way.

dnc said:

When Jordan retired Pippen was probably the 3rd best player in the game behind Olajuwon and Ewing. Pippen often gets downplayed by the Jordan dick riders I noticed.

I also don't think if you switch Jordan in his prime they win this series. Lebron had his best Finals offensively so what more could have MJ done? I feel like this thread needs to re-watch this video

You guys are pulling a Bayless with this shit of "Jordan would have willed his team, he would have wanted it more".

This Spurs team is better than any team Jordan has ever defeated in his career. That's a fact. They had an 8.0 SRS rating for this year which is pretty fucking good.

Jordan you all forget before Pippen got good couldn't get past great teams on his own and was 1-9 in the first round before Pippen was drafted.

Also I think Jordan had a better supporting cast than this current Heat team. Pippen in any of those 6 titles was better than this years Wade. Ron Harper although on the downside was better than Chalmers/Cole. Grant/Rodman vs Bosh is whatever you prefer. Bosh better offensively but those two were better defenders/rebounders. Cartwright/Longley sadly are better than any big man Miami has currently.

Bench? Kukoc in 1996-98 is better than 2014 Ray Allen. Steve Kerr this current Heat team doesn't even have a Steve Kerr(I guess Cole?).

You guys are reminding me of Doogman with this shit. It's classic First Take narrative let's be lazy and blame the super star and act like Magic, Bird, MJ and Kobe(In my opinion doesn't belong with those three yet his fans constantly insist that he does) never ever had a bad moment. Magic never got swept in the finals in 1983 and 1989, never lost in the playoffs in 5 games in 1985, 1990 or 1991. Bird never repeated as a champion but that is ignored same with his first title someone else won Finals MVP.

The Jazz were a 7.97 SRS team in 97 and got knocked out in six games. You're putting a hell of a lot of weight in 0.03 points of SRS. 4-2 against 7.97 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1-4 against 8.00.

You're right there's too much criticism being heaped at Lebron, but if you insist on comparing him to Jordan he's going to continue to look like shit. Jordan >>>>>>>>>>> Lebron.
    I'm using the Hugh Millen eye test when I say this Spurs team is better than that Jazz team.

Also I think Jordan is better than Lebron. I don't think Jordan in his prime on this Heat they win the series against the Spurs. Just my opinion as I think Lebron played a good series I really do. In 2011 he didn't and I was there to throw stones towards him.

I really don't think that. These Spurs are too deep, too team oriented, too focused, well coached and they spent 12 months wanting Miami. They looked like a team wanting revenge, while Miami looked like a tired ass team who just played four straight finals.
    That's why I think Jordan could have made the difference. I agree Lebron didn't play poorly, but he's a nice guy. Nice guys are fun to play with, which is why Wade and Bosh are with Lebron to begin with. But Bron's not giving people death stares for half assing out there. Jordan would have gotten his team up for this by sheer intimidation. The only other player I'd say was close to that was Kobe, but people hated playing with Kobe whereas they were just in awe/reverence of MJ. I think Wade, for instance, has a much better series playing alongside Jordan, Jordan would have found a way to pull it out of him.

The part that's hard for me to decode is how much of it was Jordan and how much of it was Phil's mastery. I lean towards giving Jordan the credit but I may be underrating PJ's contribution. I don't think Spoelstra is a bad coach at all, but I don't think he's Phil Jackson either.

Also it's been said in here but let's recap Duncan for a minute. He wins a title in 1999 and then had his own chance to take his talents elsewhere. If you guys remember the big rumor was he was going to leave the aging Spurs team for the Magic who cleared out cap space to get him, Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady. He shocked everyone by staying.

Then as the Spurs were looking over the hill like in 2009 and 2010 going into 2011 Popovich sat Duncan and Parker down. He said we need to scrap what we were(boring ass slow pace team, half court, grind it out) and go to a run and gun team. This will be Tony Parker's team now. Duncan unlike Lebron or Kobe accepted what was best for the team. In 2011 they have the best record but Ginoboli is hurt so they lose to DNC's Grizz. 2012 best record again only to blow a 2-0 to OKC. In 2013 we all remember how that went down.

The Spurs have re-tooled their team going from a slow pace, half court team to a run and gun team who unlike those Phoenix teams can play great defense when needed. Pop has built up guys like Boris Diaw who Charlotte two years ago let go, traded for Leonard who fell to the 15th pick, Patty Mills was a cast off from Portland, I believe Danny Green was in the NBDL just last year at some point.

Duncan like RoadDawg or DNC said accepted 10 million a year as did Parker. Both could have easily gone max. I mean Kobe just signed a 2/48 based on what he's done, Wade has 2/40 left on his deal too.

Now speaking of Wade what does he do? Does he pull a Duncan and opt out of his deal and sign for a deal that is more what he's worth now so the Heat can improve their roster? or does he opt in and collect the pay check? Not my money so I won't fault him either way.

Great post. How smart does Duncan look for not teaming up with Hill and McGrady now? That could have been a career killer.

Duncan is the teammate the Hooks want to believe Russell Wilson is.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    The defense of Lebron has become as ridiculous as the hate. For 10 of the final 12 quarters of this series he was terrible. You can bullshit all you want about supporting cast. He didn't play well enough to win.
    dnc said:

Great post. How smart does Duncan look for not teaming up with Hill and McGrady now? That could have been a career killer.

Duncan is the teammate the Hooks want to believe Russell Wilson is.
    He immediately looked smart too as Hill played just 7 games that first year and was never the same.

I remember he was killed nationally for staying loyal. It was a lot of backhanded "Duncan being a loyal great guy is going to be his undoing as Orlando was the smart move" I think Peter Vecesy(remember that cock sucker for NBC?) killed him for it.

I thought he was nuts as Shaq-Kobe proved the next three years that nobody was stopping them except for Shaq-Kobe.

Duncan is a great player who is always forgotten. I mean you see so many who is better Lebron or Kobe debates but never mind you are probably arguing for 2nd and 3rd as Duncan played in that same era.

Lebron is 29 so he has plenty of time to add to his legacy. However, historically I think it's time to put Duncan ahead of Kobe and for now ahead of Lebron.

The defense of Lebron has become as ridiculous as the hate. For 10 of the final 12 quarters of this series he was terrible. You can bullshit all you want about supporting cast. He didn't play well enough to win.

He averaged 28.2 PPG with a true shooting percentage of 68% for the series. Your bias take against Lebron has been documented so I'm not surprised with this.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

I don't think he's definitively better than wade was in his prime

Is Wade in his prime now? Talking about Jordan's cast being better than this current Heat squad.

Also Wade won a title in 2006 then was headed towards Tracy Mcgrady territory.

2007- swept 1st round
    2008- 15-67 record
    2009- first round exit
    2010- first round exit

If Lebron doesn't take his talents to Miami I think we are all viewing Wade's career a lot differently.

By no means am I dismissing Wade but I think to think he's better than Pippen career wise I don't know about that. I think in their prime for one game I probably take Wade but I'd take Pippen's career over Wade's.
    fucking a not this supporting cast. In 2011 and 2012, and maybe 2013 I think lebron's was better, just my opinion. Wade is now a shell of himself
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,922 Founders Club
    Get some more servers, DJ.
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Is Wade in his prime now? Talking about Jordan's cast being better than this current Heat squad.

2007- swept 1st round
    2008- 15-67 record
    2009- first round exit
    2010- first round exit

If Lebron doesn't take his talents to Miami I think we are all viewing Wade's career a lot differently.

By no means am I dismissing Wade but I think to think he's better than Pippen career wise I don't know about that. I think in their prime for one game I probably take Wade but I'd take Pippen's career over Wade's.
    fucking a not this supporting cast. In 2011 and 2012, and maybe 2013 I think lebron's was better, just my opinion. Wade is now a shell of himself
    Not 2011 that team literally had Lebron, Wade, and Bosh and nobody else. Granted Wade was still in his prime.

In 2012 and 2013 that cast is comparable to the Bulls cast but Lebron won titles both those years.

This year let's be real if they were in the West some of those guys would have been exposed a lot sooner. The Heat had the easiest path to the Finals this year I can ever remember. The Pacers were supposed to be a threat but they self destructed and everyone outside of Tequilla knew they were no match for Miami.

In some ways the way Miami lost is better than had they barely lost. Now they will blow it up a bit, perhaps Lebron/Wade/Bosh take even less money to bring in a Melo(mistake IMO).

I think Melo would help them with taking the scoring load off Lebron. However, it's a mistake because they lost due to lack of defense, no size in the middle and poor PG play which last I saw Melo doesn't help at all with that.

Riley is a mastermind but he had a bad last offseason with the Oden/Beasley signings neither helped this team. They were hoping both could add some size but both were flops.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

2007- swept 1st round
    2008- 15-67 record
    2009- first round exit
    2010- first round exit

This year let's be real if they were in the West some of those guys would have been exposed a lot sooner. The Heat had the easiest path to the Finals this year I can ever remember. The Pacers were supposed to be a threat but they self destructed and everyone outside of Tequilla knew they were no match for Miami.

My mistake was thinking that the Pacers could piece themselves together long enough to expose the holes that I saw in Miami.

The holes that I saw in Miami were plenty exposed by San Antonio.

The one thing I was sure of more than anything else this year was that Miami wasn't going to win the title.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    edited June 2014

He averaged 28.2 PPG with a true shooting percentage of 68% for the series. Your bias take against Lebron has been documented so I'm not surprised with this.
    I specifically said 10 of the last 12 quarters. So you can throw out all the hollow stats you'd like. I bet his true shooting percentage was pretty good in game 3. He scored 22 whole points on 14 shots. Pretty damn efficient. But Kawhi Leonard still whooped his ass up and down the court.

He was great in the first quarter tonight. He was great in the third quarter of game 4. He was great in game 2. He was great in game 1 before the cramps. But in 10 of the last 12 quarters he was not great. His team didn't need brilliant quarters. They needed brilliant games. And he didn't deliver.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

This is a good point. Looking at the stats, LeBron played well. However when watching, he didn't play well. He was good in the first two games, the cramps were unfortunate. He wasn't good in game 3 with 7 TO's and getting vastly outplayed by Leonard. Game 4, he scored 19 of his 28 in the third quarter when the game was essentially over, and he played great in the first quarter today. Very empty stats and he was terrible in the third quarter today and way too passive.

The whole Heat team sucked the whole series, but he didn't play well. His defense was really bad too and pretty uncharacteristic. Patty Mills blowing by LeBron for a lay in is inexcusable. Same with having your hand down on Leonard and Green 3's. That Cuban video is fine, but can you really say it looked like LeBron was dialed in and ready to compete every possession. I can't excuse coasting in the Finals by somebody that talented, and his effort on defense was shitty.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    No way would MJ have won the series. No fucking way. Miami wouldn't have made west finals. They were exposed. MJ wins the series with Pippen instead of Wade.

Clearly, Lebron will never reach MJ heights. He lacks that killer instinct and he also has had a terrible supporting cast his entire career. It fucking sucked in Cleveland, who completely fell apart when he was gone. Pippen was also way better than anyone on Miami the last few years. (Not Wade 8 years ago though).

The big nock on Lebron is the 2011 loss. He'd be 3/5 instead of 2/5 and in good position to get 5. The 2 losses his teams were overmatched. It will be hard for him to win 3 more from here. I'd bet he ends up with 4.

Miami's supporting cast is terrible and getting worse. Wade is clearly over the hill. Bosh is great but being marginalized as the 3rd option. He might be better as the #2 guy. Lebron should opt out because Wade is fucking done and Miami doesn't have one other player who is good on both ends. And Carmelo would be the wrong move.

No way would MJ have won the series. No fucking way. Miami wouldn't have made west finals. They were exposed. MJ wins the series with Pippen instead of Wade.

Clearly, Lebron will never reach MJ heights. He lacks that killer instinct and he also has had a terrible supporting cast his entire career. It fucking sucked in Cleveland, who completely fell apart when he was gone. Pippen was also way better than anyone on Miami the last few years. (Not Wade 8 years ago though).

The big nock on Lebron is the 2011 loss. He'd be 3/5 instead of 2/5 and in good position to get 5. The 2 losses his teams were overmatched. It will be hard for him to win 3 more from here. I'd bet he ends up with 4.

Miami's supporting cast is terrible and getting worse. Wade is clearly over the hill. Bosh is great but being marginalized as the 3rd option. He might be better as the #2 guy. Lebron should opt out because Wade is fucking done and Miami doesn't have one other player who is good on both ends. And Carmelo would be the wrong move.

Finally some sanity to this thread.

Was starting to resemble first take a little too much.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ said:

So this board is really going to do this huh? Act like Skip Bayless and blame this on Lebron.

He played better this series than he did last year against the Spurs. He shot incredible. The Heat aren't this dream team I've been saying that all year about this supporting cast. Was mocked for saying Wade is washed up.

Parker was 0-10 shooting and the Spurs best player IMO. They were up 20 you think OKC, Miami, Clippers or any championship contender in the last 20 years could have their best player have a game like that and still kick ass? Fuck no!

Pop is the G.O.A.T for coaches IMO.

It's not LeBron's fault Miami lost.

This series did confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that LeBron is inferior to Jordan, Kobe, and Duncan though.
    Flagged for saying Kobe > LeBron. Shaq says hi.
    Kobe is 2-1 in Finals without Shaq. Last I checked, 2-1 is better than 2-3.
    He's had his fair share of blow out losses in the playoffs too where his team was dominated.

Also in his prime couldn't get out of the first round 2005-07.

Lebron has never lost in the first round btw.
    LeBron has never appeared in the Western Conference playoffs.

Making the Finals from the East is a joke.
    For the LeBron fellaters out there, get back to me when he has more rings than Adam Morrison.

dnc said:

Hugh Millen's eye test picks a Utah team every time.

whitey