Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LeBron

12346»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

This might be the worst meme ever. The Bulls went to game 6 in the Finals in 5 of their 6 title years.

If it said game 7 it would be pretty good. That pic of MJ and Pippen is classic.

Not to mention one game six Bulls trailed by 15, Phil emptied bench plus Pippen, they pull within six then Jordan comes in, next game 6 Paxson hits game winning three, then next game six then beat Seattle despite Jordan going 5-19, Kerr hits game winner in following game 6, then MJ hits game winner in game 6.

Not like MJ never needed help in those game 6 wins. If Allen's three dismissed Lebron's ring then does Paxson or Kerr?

Some are reaching Skip BaylessFS territory in this thread.

So if you dismiss those it will still be 5-1.

My issue with Lebron fans is it's always the "his team sucks" card and then when you point out his team helped him win a ring it's "big deal? every great needed their teammates at some point".

Lebron isn't an all time great yet, still has a lot of time but HE NEEDS MORE TIME (LOL!!1!).
    This. His team has been good enough to make the Finals 4 straight years. It was good enough to beat Dallas. LeBron has nobody but himself to blame for that one. Look at his stats and especially game 4 (8 points, in a 3 point loss). Then he wins 2 championships. Now, after losing in the Finals his team sucks again. Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh don't suck. Pull up some articles and even some posts on here from yourself Timer. We were all talking about how good Wade played against Indiana. Then they get stomped by the Spurs and all of a sudden they suck. I agree with the points about the supporting cast getting older and that nobody got better, but they've been fine for awhile.

Yes, the Heat need some changes (like every team that didn't win), but saying they suck and not placing any blame on LeBron is FS. He sucked too. He's a much better player than he played against San Antonio. San Antonio is a great team and was probably the better team the past two years, but anytime LeBron loses, it's because his team sucks.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dnc said:

This might be the worst meme ever. The Bulls went to game 6 in the Finals in 5 of their 6 title years.

If it said game 7 it would be pretty good. That pic of MJ and Pippen is classic.

Not to mention one game six Bulls trailed by 15, Phil emptied bench plus Pippen, they pull within six then Jordan comes in, next game 6 Paxson hits game winning three, then next game six then beat Seattle despite Jordan going 5-19, Kerr hits game winner in following game 6, then MJ hits game winner in game 6.

Not like MJ never needed help in those game 6 wins. If Allen's three dismissed Lebron's ring then does Paxson or Kerr?

My issue with Lebron fans is it's always the "his team sucks" card and then when you point out his team helped him win a ring it's "big deal? every great needed their teammates at some point".

Lebron isn't an all time great yet, still has a lot of time but HE NEEDS MORE TIME (LOL!!1!).
    This. His team has been good enough to make the Finals 4 straight years. It was good enough to beat Dallas. LeBron has nobody but himself to blame for that one. Look at his stats and especially game 4 (8 points, in a 3 point loss). Then he wins 2 championships. Now, after losing in the Finals his team sucks again. Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh don't suck. Pull up some articles and even some posts on here from yourself Timer. We were all talking about how good Wade played against Indiana. Then they get stomped by the Spurs and all of a sudden they suck. I agree with the points about the supporting cast getting older and that nobody got better, but they've been fine for awhile.

Yes, the Heat need some changes (like every team that didn't win), but saying they suck and not placing any blame on LeBron is FS. He sucked too. He's a much better player than he played against San Antonio. San Antonio is a great team and was probably the better team the past two years, but anytime LeBron loses, it's because his team sucks.

Being good enough to walk through the #FuckingDreckfest that the Eastern Conference has been over the past three seasons really isn't a big accomplishment like everyone is making it out to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    I don't think anyone is giving Lebron a pass for 2011. I sure as hell aren't.

I think 2014 is like Magic getting swept in 1983 and 1989. They went up against a better team. This Spurs team killed OKC in three games too.

Plus some in here refuse to give Lebron credit. Even had a post saying outside game 7 last year he did nothing to win a title. Never mind he carried them in Pacers series in 2013. Also in that game 6 had a triple double, scored like 16 in the 4th as well as hit a big three to set up Ray's shot and hit the go ahead shot in overtime.

I just hate how when it comes to Lebron nobody can have a rational conversation.

I also don't think Wade sucks but I've even said on here don't know if you can win a title if he's your second best player at this point in his career.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I think 2014 is like Magic getting swept in 1983 and 1989. They went up against a better team. This Spurs team killed OKC in three games too.

Plus some in here refuse to give Lebron credit. Even had a post saying outside game 7 last year he did nothing to win a title. Never mind he carried them in Pacers series in 2013. Also in that game 6 had a triple double, scored like 16 in the 4th as well as hit a big three to set up Ray's shot and hit the go ahead shot in overtime.

I just hate how when it comes to Lebron nobody can have a rational conversation.

I also don't think Wade sucks but I've even said on here don't know if you can win a title if he's your second best player at this point in his career.

The Magic v LeBron comparisons are the best ones to make. Both benefitted from being in soft conferences.

LeBron just needs more time to get three more rings and a case of HIV in there.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Magic getting swept in 1989 had as much to do with both Magic and Byron Scott getting injured early in the series as anything else. Was Detroit the better team? Probably so. But a healthy Magic/Scott makes that series probably go 6 games.

As for the 1983 season, the Fo Fo Fo Sixers were one of the greatest teams of all time. Also didn't help the Lakers that Worthy broke his leg and was out for the Playoffs.

LBJ vanished in the Finals against the Mavs once things went South.

The Heat had a very favorable matchup against the "Men Possessed" from OKC ...

They should have lost last year to the Spurs ...

They got slaughtered this year.

If I've learned anything about LBJ, it's that he's a great front runner and often comes up short when his back is against the wall.
    You realized before this loss that Lebron had won 5 consecutive games when facing elimination? Doesn't sound like a guy who crumbles when his back is against the wall.

Keep quoting Skip Bayless though Tequilla.

I agree about LeBron last year. The reason they were in a position for Allen to hit a 3 was because he took over. They were down 12, he lost his headband and was unstoppable for a few minutes. People harp on a TO or 2 he had towards the end, but he also hit the 3 before Allen's. Then the Spurs missed a FT and gave them the opportunity to win the game. Then he played great in game 7.

The year before he scored 45 in Game 6 on the road against Boston. He's had tons of good moments. This finals wasn't one of them. He didn't play well along with the rest of his team.

I disagree about Wade and Bosh. They are fine as the 2nd and 3rd best players. Upgrade at PG (Patty Mills is a free agent and would be a great fit), get some guys that have some athleticism instead of Lewis/Allen/Battier, and get a young big man. Lewis and Allen were brutal because they can't guard anyone and there is nowhere to hide them against the Spurs.

I don't think the Heat are as bad as they played, nor the Spurs as good as they played. Leonard is good, but he's not as good as he played the last 3 games. That's as good as he can play. Nobody played bad for the Spurs except for Parker in the first half of game 5. They are a great team, but that's as good as they can play.

You realized before this loss that Lebron had won 5 consecutive games when facing elimination? Doesn't sound like a guy who crumbles when his back is against the wall.

Skip Bayless knows jack shit about hoops ... he'd last about 81 seconds here at Hardcore Husky.

Stop acting like Kim and citing all of the times that you're right and forget about all of the times that you're wrong.

I'll give LBJ the Game 6 game against Boston ... one of the most painful games I've ever watched.

He vanished in the series against Dallas at the end. I thought he vanished in large stretches of this series regardless of what his stats said. His last series in Cleveland against Boston, he mailed it in well before the series was over.

I actually thought he really vanished in Game 6 last year in the Finals against San Antonio despite the triple double (he wasn't good in the 4th at all) - he made up for it with his Game 7 performance.

And I think that is what is really hard with LBJ. If you look at the stats, he's a monster. He's like Wilt in that regard. He can drop 25-8-8 without really breaking much of a sweat. If you look at the Finals this year, he put up 28-8-4 on 57% shooting. But then again, would you actually say he played a good Finals?

There will be very few players in the history of the game that I think will be more polarizing when all is said and done than LBJ.
    Agree Road. Reminded me of the Super Bowl where the losing team had the best player but the winning team had the best team. How if you play this 10 times the winning team probably wins 8.

On the other side I also agree that like the Super Bowl the winning team played their best ball while the losing team had a poor game/series.

If Lebron doesn't cramp up the Heat might have won game 1 and up 2-0. Then once it hit game 3 it looked like a great NBA team vs some lottery team like the 76ers. Pop switching out Splitter was a good call surprised he didn't do that game 1 after what happened last year.

Miami what separated them from 2011 to 2012-13 was Battier in my opinion. A wing defender who can play big while knocking down the 3. They didn't have him in 2011 and basically didn't have him 2014. Rashard Lewis filled the Mike Miller role of a guy who can shoot three's but do nothing else.

Haslem was another big piece missing. He provided toughness inside and could give them good minutes. In 2014 he's done and he's on the books for another 5 mill next year too. The Heat were hoping Oden/Beasley could provide them size but that didn't pan out.

I think Lebron-Wade-Bosh can still win a title like you said earlier many were saying the Spurs need to let Ginobili and Splitter walk this time last year. They just need a PG who can knock down some open three's and not play like a moron all the time like Chalmers. They also need some size as even Birdman looked out of it against the Spurs. Plus he's only a 15-20 minute guy as is.
    The key with Miami going forward is Wade. He's not elite anymore. Problem is that I think he thinks that he is.

If he stays with Miami, he needs to take ownership of the Ginobili role and be the #1 guy for the second unit playing 25-30 minutes a night. He can still be highly effective in that role and help out the team.

Bosh is actually a great fit for LBJ in that he clears out the lane and gives him room to operate. There was an article last week on Bosh's efficiency and it was very telling.

I'm surprised Miami doesn't look more internationally to find players that fit well around LBJ. When he moves without the ball and gets passes while moving in the direction of the basket he's impossible to stop.

Miami got really old overnight. The fact that they haven't had a lot of draft picks in recent years, and the ones that they have had (Chalmers and Cole) have a relatively limited ceiling (although I do think you can get something out of Cole if you empower him a bit more) hasn't helped them either. In contrast, the Spurs have often been one of the most savvy drafting teams in the league.
    Wade is no longer elite, but he can still be very good. You never know about his health. He might come back next year feeling better and rejuvenated after the loss. We saw it with Ginobili on the Spurs. He was way better this year. Wade needs to change his game a little though. It's time for him to hit some corner 3's and be able to space the floor a little better.
    I think where Wade's the most effective is his ability to slash to the basket without the ball ... he's elite in that regards still. He needs to play with a player that can highlight that part of his game (think a bench PG like JJ Barea that can get into the lane and create for others).

Where Wade is no longer elite is in his ability to get to the rim off of the bounce and take players 1 on 1.

Biggest difference between a guy like Wade and Vince Carter is that Carter could always shoot the ball from distance. Wade's a throwback to a prior era where shooting outside of 20 feet was a bad shot.
    Tequilla said:

Skip Bayless knows jack shit about hoops ... he'd last about 81 seconds here at Hardcore Husky.

Stop acting like Kim and citing all of the times that you're right and forget about all of the times that you're wrong.

I'll give LBJ the Game 6 game against Boston ... one of the most painful games I've ever watched.

He vanished in the series against Dallas at the end. I thought he vanished in large stretches of this series regardless of what his stats said. His last series in Cleveland against Boston, he mailed it in well before the series was over.

I actually thought he really vanished in Game 6 last year in the Finals against San Antonio despite the triple double (he wasn't good in the 4th at all) - he made up for it with his Game 7 performance.

And I think that is what is really hard with LBJ. If you look at the stats, he's a monster. He's like Wilt in that regard. He can drop 25-8-8 without really breaking much of a sweat. If you look at the Finals this year, he put up 28-8-4 on 57% shooting. But then again, would you actually say he played a good Finals?

There will be very few players in the history of the game that I think will be more polarizing when all is said and done than LBJ.
    Saying Lebron wasn't good at all in the 4th quarter of last years game 6 is FS. That is totally a skip bayless statement. They were down 12 and he willed back in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVxYAsSAko

He sucked the 2nd and 3rd quarters but in the 4th he was awsome.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Tequilla said:

Saying Lebron wasn't good at all in the 4th quarter of last years game 6 is FS. That is totally a skip bayless statement. They were down 12 and he willed back in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVxYAsSAko

He sucked the 2nd and 3rd quarters but in the 4th he was awsome.
    Weeeeeeeeell he wasn't that awesome. It's great that he willed his team back into the game but San Antonio also pulled away in the final two minutes. Lebron had two turnovers down the stretch. And while he did hit a big three he also bricked two others. The best thing he did at the end of that game was brick his last shot so badly that it surprised SA and Bosh was able to get the rebound.

You can repeat over and over again (like every other point you try and make) that everyone's Skip Bayless but you're not being rational either. Look at your earlier post recounting Lebrons game 6. You mention his made 3 but leave it out the two misses. He willed his team back into the game, a game that San Antonio would have won if they just made free throws. How great could Lebron have been if they were going to lose that game? Or would you have just blamed that on his supporting cast as well?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

dnc said:

Being good enough to walk through the #FuckingDreckfest that the Eastern Conference has been over the past three seasons really isn't a big accomplishment like everyone is making it out to be.
    Agreed.

Miami is a 6 seed and Indiana is a 4 seed if they are in the West and neither gets past the 2nd round.