Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Either the Washington coaches are crazy or are geniuses

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    @sonics1993 you obviously know the coaches and have been around the program. Being completely honest and based only on what you have seen of him that maybe the rest of us haven't, do you think Lake us cut out to be a succesful HC or is he just another assistant that will ultimately prove to be not up to the task.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

@sonics1993 you obviously know the coaches and have been around the program. Being completely honest and based only on what you have seen of him that maybe the rest of us haven't, do you think Lake us cut out to be a succesful HC or is he just another assistant that will ultimately prove to be not up to the task.

Odds are unlikely
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

I’m gonna go with “they all fucking suck and should be fired immediately”.

Hopefully someone murders me soon and I don’t have to worry about this shit staff in real life anymore.

I thought you got canceled
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

Talked to a couple different guys on the staff and neither of them are concerned about recruiting, in fact they like where they stand in recruiting. I made one of them repeat it because I couldn't believe it. They both told me that when things open back up, it's going to be insane and Washington will be in a very good place to deal with it. Both told me recruiting is a marathon not a sprint and believe come fall, they will flip a lot of these guys including Troy who they are still confident in. I want to believe but all my neutral sources aren't as optimistic so I got no clue how this ends.

When you're committing to a bunch of middle aged dudes quacking and a flashing pink Nike hats over zoom, I can believe what they're saying to some degree.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    edited June 2020

@sonics1993 please don't do this. Are these guys on staff actual coaches or support staff. Im going to take a cleanse from uw football. This is too stressful with oregon pushing our shit in

One position coach and one person heavily involved with recruiting. I have absolutely no read on this.
    Sounds like spin, spin, spin.
    And yet I kinda believe them. I'm such a SIMP.
    Sonics, just out of curiosity. Are these individuals that if they truly believed things were headed down the shitter, they would give some some noncommittal answer about recruiting being hard blah blah covid blah blah getting our feet under us blah blah no spring game, knowing you both understood he was saying we're getting plungered? Or are they the type of guys who would give you the exact answer they gave you whether we had the top 2 guys at every position or a bunch of Wyrchs and Jumpers?

Deciding whether to down the rest of this bleach or not...

Also, please tell me that Jimmy is some kind of genius who pretends he's struggling to beat Utah for a local kid we don't even really want, offering OL/QB/Hback hybrids to throw everyone off, is only bluffing about hiring John Donovan to troll duck fans and simultaneously have me taking shots of bleach, but in reality he's just pretending to be fucking incompetent for the lulz. Please. And thank you.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Honestly this is all kind of a moot point. If they are good this season recruiting will be good, if they get blown out by Michigan and the offense is still shitty and Donovan proves he is who we thought he was then yea recruiting will suck.

I mean fire Bob Gregory anyways that fucker played Manu over Eddy for like 90 percent of last season.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,750 Swaye's Wigwam

Honestly this is all kind of a moot point. If they are good this season recruiting will be good, if they get blown out by Michigan and the offense is still shitty and Donovan proves he is who we thought he was then yea recruiting will suck.

I mean fire Bob Gregory anyways that fucker played Manu over Eddy for like 90 percent of last season.

I think we’ve all said this to some extent at one time or another. Winning fixes everything... then we come back to reality and realize we are impatient mutha fuckas in an instant gratification society and criztoballz is pushing our shit in.

And yes, shit can bobby. Oh wait, what is that coach lake? An extension and raise. Fucks sake.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578

Talked to a couple different guys on the staff and neither of them are concerned about recruiting, in fact they like where they stand in recruiting. I made one of them repeat it because I couldn't believe it. They both told me that when things open back up, it's going to be insane and Washington will be in a very good place to deal with it. Both told me recruiting is a marathon not a sprint and believe come fall, they will flip a lot of these guys including Troy who they are still confident in. I want to believe but all my neutral sources aren't as optimistic so I got no clue how this ends.

What did you think they would say?! ‘Oh we stupid, lazy, and have no clue what we are doing’....if they really did say that. ‘Its going to be insane’. Thats so fucking lame. Sounds like Jimmy’s bullshit he spews. Why would it be insane? Seems that purple drank has skewed some peoples reality.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578
    And keep telling yourselves that none of those commits have visited. Only 1 of Oregons commits haven’t visited. Most more than once. They had a big cruit’n weekend prior to covid, like uw should have been doing. And its not just about visiting, its more about the relationship they establish with the coaches. That is where Oregon is killing it.
  • DoogDawgDoogDawg Member Posts: 129

Question Sonics: are the position coaches you talk to usually pretty straight up about things going on, whether good or bad? Or do they usually put a positive spin on it? Just wondering how realistic they are being. Thanks!
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    @sonics1993 Of the staff that you talk to, or have talked to, do any of them know of or read this site? If that hasn't been discussed then is there any you suspect do?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

@sonics1993 please don't do this. Are these guys on staff actual coaches or support staff. Im going to take a cleanse from uw football. This is too stressful with oregon pushing our shit in

One position coach and one person heavily involved with recruiting. I have absolutely no read on this.
    Exactly, what else are they going to say. “Things are bad, and we have no plan”
    Please don't bring common sense in this conversation. I need this false hope
    Even if they are right and somehow they come out of this flipping guys back and getting most of their top targets, it’s an absolutely terrible process. Frankly it reeks of the same shit when we’d stop recruiting in the spring and we’d we lose guys like Ngata, Charbonnet, Jones, etc, we didn’t get those kids back later in the ‘marathon’.
    exactly! thought lake would fix this quite honestly where we would just take the spring off basically
    And they HAVE to see and know (whether they like it or not) that b/c of the early signing period, most schools are trying to have their classes wrapped up end of August, so the heavy lifting is being done in Feb-May.

At this point, all they have to hang their hat on is the assumption of a avalanche of decommits and hope they can scoop them up.

Can you imagine worse case scenario the virus circles back to the athletes (like it did at Houston) and the NCAA kills official visits for the rest of the year.....
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    edited June 2020
    godawgst said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Exactly, what else are they going to say. “Things are bad, and we have no plan”
    Please don't bring common sense in this conversation. I need this false hope
    Even if they are right and somehow they come out of this flipping guys back and getting most of their top targets, it’s an absolutely terrible process. Frankly it reeks of the same shit when we’d stop recruiting in the spring and we’d we lose guys like Ngata, Charbonnet, Jones, etc, we didn’t get those kids back later in the ‘marathon’.
    exactly! thought lake would fix this quite honestly where we would just take the spring off basically
    And they HAVE to see and know (whether they like it or not) that b/c of the early signing period, most schools are trying to have their classes wrapped up end of August, so the heavy lifting is being done in Feb-May.

At this point, all they have to hang their hat on is the assumption of a avalanche of decommits and hope they can scoop them up.

Can you imagine worse case scenario the virus circles back to the athletes (like it did at Houston) and the NCAA kills official visits for the rest of the year.....
    No margin for error with this method lake is going down. If a second wave hits we are screwed. Lake and staff have done no favors for themselves. It hurts cause it feels like the fans get it and recruit harder than the coaches. Feels like the coaches are here to play school and pick up massive paychecks