Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Either the Washington coaches are crazy or are geniuses

Talked to a couple different guys on the staff and neither of them are concerned about recruiting, in fact they like where they stand in recruiting. I made one of them repeat it because I couldn't believe it. They both told me that when things open back up, it's going to be insane and Washington will be in a very good place to deal with it. Both told me recruiting is a marathon not a sprint and believe come fall, they will flip a lot of these guys including Troy who they are still confident in. I want to believe but all my neutral sources aren't as optimistic so I got no clue how this ends.

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @sonics1993 please don't do this. Are these guys on staff actual coaches or support staff. Im going to take a cleanse from uw football. This is too stressful with oregon pushing our shit in
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Damage control
  • Options

@sonics1993 please don't do this. Are these guys on staff actual coaches or support staff. Im going to take a cleanse from uw football. This is too stressful with oregon pushing our shit in

One position coach and one person heavily involved with recruiting. I have absolutely no read on this.
    Sounds like spin, spin, spin.
  • Options

One position coach and one person heavily involved with recruiting. I have absolutely no read on this.
    And yet I kinda believe them. I'm such a SIMP.
    No worries. Thank-You for the insight @sonics1993 I appreciate your honesty and willingness to give us a peak inside the gates. I fully prepared for UW to sign a class like USC did last year. In the 40-50s for rank hahah
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What % of kids decommit in a normal year do you know? 1 in 5, 1 in 10, etc?

Even with the Virus and so many kids committing without visiting the schools, It's not a stretch that many of them will have been so romanticized by the coaches about how amazing the school is b4 they ever see it, that they are allready sold on it, and the visit showing all the best attributes just confirms their dreams.

If that is their plan, talk about having to thread the needle.

Thanks for the update Sonics.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Domicillo said:

Exactly, what else are they going to say. “Things are bad, and we have no plan”
    Please don't bring common sense in this conversation. I need this false hope
    I’m assuming the false hope comes from the fact that the people you talked to aren’t complete idiots at recruiting (i.e. Bob Gregory) so there’s at least some reason to think they aren’t blowing complete smoke up your ass
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Exactly, what else are they going to say. “Things are bad, and we have no plan”
    Please don't bring common sense in this conversation. I need this false hope
    Even if they are right and somehow they come out of this flipping guys back and getting most of their top targets, it’s an absolutely terrible process. Frankly it reeks of the same shit when we’d stop recruiting in the spring and we’d we lose guys like Ngata, Charbonnet, Jones, etc, we didn’t get those kids back later in the ‘marathon’.
    exactly! thought lake would fix this quite honestly where we would just take the spring off basically
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    At least they're all drinking the kool aid together (or are yes men).
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

At least they're all drinking the kool aid together (or are yes men).

One thing I’ve learned is that it’s not uncommon to see successful people or companies go rudderless because they believe that they are disproportionately responsible for the success and essentially get lazy and passed by

It’s one reason why change can be a really good thing because without it you are very much at risk of getting stale, comfortable and over-confident
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    edited June 2020
    I’m gonna go with “they all fucking suck and should be fired immediately”.

Hopefully someone murders me soon and I don’t have to worry about this shit staff in real life anymore.

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    godawgst said:

What % of kids decommit in a normal year do you know? 1 in 5, 1 in 10, etc?

Even with the Virus and so many kids committing without visiting the schools, It's not a stretch that many of them will have been so romanticized by the coaches about how amazing the school is b4 they ever see it, that they are allready sold on it, and the visit showing all the best attributes just confirms their dreams.

If that is their plan, talk about having to thread the needle.

Thanks for the update Sonics.

The flip side of this is that the kids have a lot of time on their hands to talk to coaches and research. Oregon coaches say they’re working harder because it’s back to back zoom meetings and no travel, etc.