Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MarinersFS

124»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2014

dnc said:

He's Robin Ventura without the asskicking by Nolan Ryan.

I can't believe how many fucking stupid poasters in this thread take Beltre's numbers at face value with respect to his Hall of Fame chances.

Dude was more obvious about his juicing than Edgar Martinez was.

I don't actually agree, but who cares? You're comparing his numbers to a bunch of other dudes who were probably juicing, too. Steve Emtman probably roided. IDGAF.

When it comes to the HOF, you're not comparing apples to apples.

That's why the Steroid Era sucks and it stinks and it sucks.
    The sanctimonious holier than thou reaction to the steroids era sucks far worse than the era itself does.

It happened.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

He's Robin Ventura without the asskicking by Nolan Ryan.

I can't believe how many fucking stupid poasters in this thread take Beltre's numbers at face value with respect to his Hall of Fame chances.

Dude was more obvious about his juicing than Edgar Martinez was.

I don't actually agree, but who cares? You're comparing his numbers to a bunch of other dudes who were probably juicing, too. Steve Emtman probably roided. IDGAF.

When it comes to the HOF, you're not comparing apples to apples.

That's why the Steroid Era sucks and it stinks and it sucks.
    The sanctimonious holier than thou reaction to the steroids era sucks far worse than the era itself does.

It happened.
    I'd take the Steroids era over this era. More strikeouts, more HR's, the Mariners were actually a decent franchise, etc.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    How many guys in the prior eras took amphetamines to help them concentrate? Are you going to kick Hank Aaron and Willie Mays out of the HOF?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Steroids are used by all pro athletes and serious college/high school athletes. If you aren't juicing, you're getting fucked up by people who are.
  • Options

Steroids are used by all pro athletes and serious college/high school athletes. If you aren't juicing, you're getting fucked up by people who are.

Thankfully for them, the first six inches don't even exist anymore.

#SideEffects
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

#SideEffects
    I know you're being sarkastic, but you REALLY have to be a complete fucking moron meathead to damage your body with roids
  • Options

dnc said:

#SideEffects
    I know you're being sarkastic, but you REALLY have to be a complete fucking moron meathead to damage your body with roids
    Dick Shrinkage Superiority Guy

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

#SideEffects
    It shrinks your nuts, so what? If you are an average Joe, then yes, I would agree that doing steroids is retarded. If you are in the MLB, taking steroids has helped guys make a lot more money than they could have without them.

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Girls won't care about your shrunken nuts if you are making millions in the MLB.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dear Nintendo,

Please sell the Mariners to someone who gives a fuck so we can start giving a fuck again. I'm tired of all the fake fucks given to Seahawks/Sounders.

signed,
    real Seattle sports fans
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2014
    So the season is already officially over and it hasn't even begun yet (but we all knew that). Gutierrez is done for the year, Iwakuma is out at least 7 weeks (probably more) with a finger injury on his throwing hand, and Tajuan Walker has a shoulder issue now. Oh and we still get to sign Nelson Cruz, christ.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm not an Ervin Santana fan but they are almost forced to sign him at this point
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If they were fucking smart they'd sign Ervin Santana right now ...

But hey, we might hit the lottery with the Randy Wolf reclamation project ...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    Tequilla said:

Disagree. The Cruz and Santana moves are almost guaranteed busts. Why pay Cruz who is nothing but an impatient power hitter $60 million when you can re-sign Morales and get probably better production for $14 million? Counting on Justin Smoak and Logan Morrison is a way better plan because those guys are proven great hitters. Fuck, Morales isn't a superstar, but at least he has been a professional hitter his entire career. He's a more proven and better hitter than Hart (very questionable health), Smoak, and Morrison. You have 1B, LF, and DH to rotate the 4 guys. CF and RF are iffy too. Ackley and Saunders haven't been that good of players.

Good teams do this shit all the time. You can't rely on any of those guys but Morales. Why the fuck do you get rid of your most reliable hitter? The Mariners are so fucking stupid.

Fuck paying Santana 12-15 million over 4 years. I would prefer Jimenez, but he will probably be a bust too. The Mariners always throw money at the wrong guys. I commend them for spending money, but why can't they ever find any good bargains like the Rays and A's do? Let the young guys like Walker, Paxton, and possibly Hultzen when he gets healthy get the starts.

None of this matters. The A's and the Rangers are still going to be much better than the Mariners no matter who they sign, and the Angels are probably better too. It will only change when Jack Z gets fired and they get some guys who won't blow almost every single draft pick. The whole reason we hired Jack Z (scouting) he has been an absolute disaster.

• Options
    I am not for the Cruz idea however he would not cost 60 million, and even if Santana isn't worth the money they need someone who will throw 200 innings with all the injuries and lack of depth in the rotation
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Disagree. The Cruz and Santana moves are almost guaranteed busts. Why pay Cruz who is nothing but an impatient power hitter $60 million when you can re-sign Morales and get probably better production for $14 million? Counting on Justin Smoak and Logan Morrison is a way better plan because those guys are proven great hitters. Fuck, Morales isn't a superstar, but at least he has been a professional hitter his entire career. He's a more proven and better hitter than Hart (very questionable health), Smoak, and Morrison. You have 1B, LF, and DH to rotate the 4 guys. CF and RF are iffy too. Ackley and Saunders haven't been that good of players.

Good teams do this shit all the time. You can't rely on any of those guys but Morales. Why the fuck do you get rid of your most reliable hitter? The Mariners are so fucking stupid.

Fuck paying Santana 12-15 million over 4 years. I would prefer Jimenez, but he will probably be a bust too. The Mariners always throw money at the wrong guys. I commend them for spending money, but why can't they ever find any good bargains like the Rays and A's do? Let the young guys like Walker, Paxton, and possibly Hultzen when he gets healthy get the starts.

None of this matters. The A's and the Rangers are still going to be much better than the Mariners no matter who they sign, and the Angels are probably better too. It will only change when Jack Z gets fired and they get some guys who won't blow almost every single draft pick. The whole reason we hired Jack Z (scouting) he has been an absolute disaster.

RoadDawg you know this, it all starts at the top. The Mariners and Seahawks play in the same damn city but look at how differently both franchises are being run.

Same with Husky athletics during the James years vs the last decade of bullshit.

I know Chuck Armstrong stepped away but that does no good when you hire from within instead of trying to actually make some changes that desperately have been needed for about a decade.
  • Options
    right now they have a significant injury to Iwakuma, and a shoulder problem with Walker (I don't care how minor, these cannot be overlooked with a pitcher) so I expect them to sign Santana or Jimenez (if they don't they're even dumber than I thought).
    Right now they also need an OF with versatlilty and a plus glove, Span is up for trade seems like an obvious move, that or torres is available in FA, and NO TO CRUZ, he's a .240 career hitter at safeco and isn't much better anywhere else besides texas.
    I still would've liked them to get a LHRP but that ship has sailed.
    The team has talent but is really poorly contstructed. Morrison, hart, smoak, and maybe cruz, they are loaded with 1B/DH types. The IF is solid across except for 1B, but the OF is a disaster.
    If they sign santana and he is able to eat 200 innings for them and maintain a 3.80 ERA, and Walker and Paxton can pitch some quality innings the team could plausibly win 85 games, but if things don't fall into place with the pitching staff we're looking at probably 75-78 wins and meaningless baseball once again come august