Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,316
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Julius Irvin not healthy?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Interesting that tryon getting reps at Sam
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SAM is outside like BUCK. MIK and WIL are inside my dude.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We usually play a guy at SAM that is more athletic and better in space.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We usually play a guy at SAM that is more athletic and better in space.
    My brain read Ngata when you said Tryon. Disregard haha.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you're reading this Elijah my door is always open for you.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019
    What the fuck is Jimmy doing at Safety? I expected Molden to move over to free safety because he doesn't have ideal corner length but he does have probably the highest football IQ in the secondary, 4.4 sideline to sideline speed, ball skills, instincts, good tackling ability, and probably wouldn't be a huge drop off from Rapp.

But no, instead Molden is still at corner and he starts Spring ball off with Gilchrist running with the ones who's A HUGE FUCKING DROP OFF from Tayler Rapp and the only guy he moved to safety so far is Julius Irvin who's coming off a redshirt and has barely played. On top of that, McKinney is iffy in pass coverage and looked lost against Ohio State. Dude, WTF? I'm really nervous about both safety positions. I could see them getting taken advantage of and giving up big plays over the top this season. Fuck.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fuck that If I played QB at UW I’d look exactly like Jake Haener Jesus Christ. Why the fuck did they feature that little bug eyed fucker in the video and not Skinny?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

What the fuck is Jimmy doing at Safety? I expected Molden to move over to free safety because he doesn't have ideal corner length but he does have probably the highest football IQ in the secondary, 4.4 sideline to sideline speed, ball skills, instincts, good tackling ability, and probably wouldn't be a huge drop off from Rapp.

But no, instead Molden is still at corner and he starts Spring ball off with Gilchrist running with the ones who's A HUGE FUCKING DROP OFF from Tayler Rapp and the only guy he moved to safety so far is Julius Irvin who's coming off a redshirt and has barely played. On top of that, McKinney is iffy in pass coverage and looked lost against Ohio State. Dude, WTF? I'm really nervous about both safety positions. I could see them getting taken advantage of and giving up big plays over the top this season. Fuck.

I think Jimmy knows what he is doing, crazy thought I know.
    Coaching doesn't matter if the talent, depth, and/or experience you have at that position sucks. Budda and Sidney got torched as true Freshman. Did Lake not know what he was doing then and yet we still sucked. It's a similar situation at safety right now. I have a strong feeling Gilchrist sucks ass. We are fucked at free safety if it's either Gilchrist or a Freshman starting for us. Obviously Lake fucked up somewhere recruiting that position because we don't have a RS Junior, sure fire, future NFL stud to replace Rapp that nobody is worried about.