Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm a bit confused. Is Budda back on the team for spring ball? How does this eligibility work? Is it reset so he is a freshman again?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Ballz is right about this guys. People need plenty of time to develop into the cerebral safety position before they see the field. People forget Taylor Rapp and Budda Baker never started at safety until their redshirt sophomore years.

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

How dumb can you be? Budda was terrible his first year as a starter and Rapp was an extreme outlier. Great fucking job being a retarded doog with those examples.

When the fuck did I say fire Jimmy Lake? Take his dick out your mouth. Everybody deserves to be criticized when criticism is warranted. That's what it means to have high fucking standards you fucking idiot.

Bottom line is our safety depth is fucking trash. Anybody who's not a retard sunshine pumper can see that. What are the chances that position group is saved by a redshirt freshman or true freshman? Very fucking low. It sure would be nice if we at least had Isaiah Pola-Mao or Talanoa Hufanga on the roster.

I always have to be the guy who sees less than ideal shit coming in advance while others want to ignore it until it slaps them in the fucking face. That's fine. I'll be the realist while others get slapped in the face by reality down the road.

Be sure to remember this thread and your dismissive attitude when Stanford's TE's are killing our safeties over the middle.
    Again, if that is the case, how are you just realizing this shit now on day 1 of spring practice in 2019?

I was bitching about our DB numbers in recruiting threads two years ago. This has been baked in for two years since our 2016 class consisted of:

-Two early entrants
    -One guy who ended up schizo
    -One guy who was overrated

All this became apparent during the 2017 season. We had signed a solid class in 2017 between Taylor, Molden, McKinney (and Cook) but in retrospect we should have taken one more guy.

Lake has done everything he can to address the shortfall since it became apparent with two classes full of studs in 2018 and 2019. But in recruiting you have to see two-three years ahead or you are going to have to start freshmen.

Luckily the freshmen we have coming off redshirts are among the most talented we've seen in purple in decades. Lets see what they can do.
    You were right back then. I was waiting to see how the DB's were fit into the program positionally before I made any judgments. We have multiple guys who played both corner and safety in high school including Elijah Molden. Molden has been fit in as a corner when his higher NFL potential is likely at free safety. Although he hasn't been a full time starter yet, the true Junior is a veteran with a high football IQ and is the fastest DB on the team with a 4.44 40 time. That sideline to sideline speed is needed at free safety when you want to play a lot of single high defense and prevent big plays over the top. I expected him to replace Rapp in his more natural position of free safety. When I saw that was not the plan for him from Day 1 of Spring ball, that's when my concern level for the safety position increased rapidly.

Did Lake do everything he could do to address the shortfall? Where's the Ezekial Turner type JUCO transfer or Brian Clay D1 transfer safety to help that position group and compete for a starting job? Why is Elijah Molden still playing corner when he is needed more at safety?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ballz is right about this guys. People need plenty of time to develop into the cerebral safety position before they see the field. People forget Taylor Rapp and Budda Baker never started at safety until their redshirt sophomore years.

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

How dumb can you be? Budda was terrible his first year as a starter and Rapp was an extreme outlier. Great fucking job being a retarded doog with those examples.

When the fuck did I say fire Jimmy Lake? Take his dick out your mouth. Everybody deserves to be criticized when criticism is warranted. That's what it means to have high fucking standards you fucking idiot.

Bottom line is our safety depth is fucking trash. Anybody who's not a retard sunshine pumper can see that. What are the chances that position group is saved by a redshirt freshman or true freshman? Very fucking low. It sure would be nice if we at least had Isaiah Pola-Mao or Talanoa Hufanga on the roster.

I always have to be the guy who sees less than ideal shit coming in advance while others want to ignore it until it slaps them in the fucking face. That's fine. I'll be the realist while others get slapped in the face by reality down the road.

Be sure to remember this thread and your dismissive attitude when Stanford's TE's are killing our safeties over the middle.
    Again, if that is the case, how are you just realizing this shit now on day 1 of spring practice in 2019?

I was bitching about our DB numbers in recruiting threads two years ago. This has been baked in for two years since our 2016 class consisted of:

-Two early entrants

All this became apparent during the 2017 season. We had signed a solid class in 2017 between Taylor, Molden, McKinney (and Cook) but in retrospect we should have taken one more guy.

Lake has done everything he can to address the shortfall since it became apparent with two classes full of studs in 2018 and 2019. But in recruiting you have to see two-three years ahead or you are going to have to start freshmen.

Luckily the freshmen we have coming off redshirts are among the most talented we've seen in purple in decades. Lets see what they can do.
    You were right back then. I was waiting to see how the DB's were fit into the program positionally before I made any judgments. We have multiple guys who played both corner and safety in high school including Elijah Molden. Molden has been fit in as a corner when his higher NFL potential is likely at free safety. Although he hasn't been a full time starter yet, the true Junior is a veteran with a high football IQ and is the fastest DB on the team with a 4.44 40 time. That sideline to sideline speed is needed at free safety when you want to play a lot of single high defense and prevent big plays over the top. I expected him to replace Rapp in his more natural position of free safety. When I saw that was not the plan for him from Day 1 of Spring ball, that's when my concern level for the safety position increased rapidly.

Did Lake do everything he could do to address the shortfall? Where's the Ezekial Turner type JUCO transfer or Brian Clay D1 transfer safety to help that position group and compete for a starting job? Why is Elijah Molden still playing corner when he is needed more at safety?
    This is as close as I've ever seen you come to admitting you were wrong about something so props for that.

I think we all agree that the depth and experience at safety is far from ideal. I disagree that moving Molden solves the problem. I like Molden at nickel although we already have Bryant there. Given that the coaches may be right that our best lineup is with Irvin at FS and Molden at CB. I am not going to freak out over that and feel it is splitting hairs to complain that we should have Molden at FS and Hampton at CB.

Either way we have a depth and experience issue somewhere in the secondary.
  • Options

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

-Two early entrants

This is as close as I've ever seen you come to admitting you were wrong about something so props for that.

I think we all agree that the depth and experience at safety is far from ideal. I disagree that moving Molden solves the problem. I like Molden at nickel although we already have Bryant there. Given that the coaches may be right that our best lineup is with Irvin at FS and Molden at CB. I am not going to freak out over that and feel it is splitting hairs to complain that we should have Molden at FS and Hampton at CB.

Either way we have a depth and experience issue somewhere in the secondary.
    Except it's not splitting hairs. Molden is a perfect fit at free safety. He doesn't have ideal length on the outside at corner but he does have the ideal speed, instincts, and thiccness to play free safety. More so than Irvin without question. Free safety is more of a cerebral position than corner. You want your most instinctual and highest football IQ DB at free safety. Irvin is not that guy but Molden is. It's better to be young and inexperienced at corner than free safety. A young corner makes a mistake or gets beat, you want a veteran free safety there with 4.4 speed to prevent that play from being a touch down for the opposing offense. I'm way more comfortable with Dom Hampton or Kyler Gordon starting at corner with Molden at free safety than I am with Irvin at free safety and Molden at corner.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

Budda was terrible his first two games. The slot from Hawaii killed him and I still remember a ball bouncing off his face mask (he had horrible hands) before being caught for a TD. That said, by mid season he was a stud.
  • Options

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

Budda was terrible his first two games. The slot from Hawaii killed him and I still remember a ball bouncing off his face mask (he had horrible hands) before being caught for a TD. That said, by mid season he was a stud.
    Apparently not enough of a stud to tackle Myles Jack.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Who is the one ignoring shit until it slaps them in the face @BallzDeep @StrongArmCobra you fucking narcissistic sociopath?

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34163/julius-irvin-4-2018-db-anaheim-servite-ca-committed/p27

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34163/julius-irvin-4-2018-db-anaheim-servite-ca-committed/p28

Page 28 actually is where I quote Ballz as stating we have a "shit load" of depth at safety and we don't need Irvin.
    And as you can see fucktard, the names I mentioned were Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, and Kyler Gordon as future safety depth. Joyner is gone and Molden and Gordon are not currently playing safety. Very poor bump attempt. I wasn't wrong. If we had all three of those guys playing safety for us right now, Irvin wouldn't be needed at safety, he'd be needed at corner.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Who is the one ignoring shit until it slaps them in the face @BallzDeep @StrongArmCobra you fucking narcissistic sociopath?

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34163/julius-irvin-4-2018-db-anaheim-servite-ca-committed/p27

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34163/julius-irvin-4-2018-db-anaheim-servite-ca-committed/p28

Page 28 actually is where I quote Ballz as stating we have a "shit load" of depth at safety and we don't need Irvin.
    And as you can see fucktard, the names I mentioned were Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, and Kyler Gordon as future safety depth. Joyner is gone and Molden and Gordon are not currently playing safety. Very poor bump attempt. I wasn't wrong. If we had all three of those guys playing safety for us right now, Irvin wouldn't be needed at safety, he'd be needed at corner.
    Your three names for safety depth were all CBs:

-One with a history of injuries and suspensions
    -One who was a freshman
    -One who hadn't even signed his LOI yet.

A veritable fill your pants load of shit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I enjoy the new narrative that McKinney sucks and tOSU proved that he doesn’t belong on the field.

For two years he would flash when he would play. For two years the older guys and coaches have raved about him. One game against the best pocket QB in the country with elite speed WR does not change that.

This kid is going to be great. Fuck off with the narrative that he sucks.

I understand and respect your logic, but I was there.
    You know your destiny is to carry Race’s torch right
    Its mutual
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

All that confirms is that you don’t know shit about positional evals
    All that it confirms is I don't have a fucking crystal ball and know what Jimmy Lake is going to do. When Molden and Gordon were signed, Lake spoke about both of them being able to play anywhere in the secondary which they absolutely can. Just because both are currently playing corner doesn't mean corner is the best fit for both of them. NFL scouts aren't exactly drooling over 5'10 corners like Molden.
  • Options

Your three names for safety depth were all CBs:

-One with a history of injuries and suspensions
    -One who was a freshman
    -One who hadn't even signed his LOI yet.

A veritable fill your pants load of shit.
    Joyner had played safety in the Spring and Summer prior to being moved back to corner prior to last season. Molden and Gordon both played safety in high school and Lake has talked about them potentially playing safety for him on multiple occasions. So yeah, you lose, again. Bad bump. I award you no points.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

Guess who our OOC schedule includes! The secondary is going to be fine for PAC 12 play as it will have time to develop against a shit tastic OOC schedule and is talented enough against this conference to overcome a lack of experience/development. The only real question mark is will it have the depth/experience to match up by the time we are playing in a bowl or potentially the playoffs. Probably not if it's Clemson/Alabama but we all knew this years ahead of time.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

You inept little bitch. Grow up.