Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Who is the one ignoring shit until it slaps them in the face @BallzDeep @StrongArmCobra you fucking narcissistic sociopath?

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34163/julius-irvin-4-2018-db-anaheim-servite-ca-committed/p27

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/34163/julius-irvin-4-2018-db-anaheim-servite-ca-committed/p28

Page 28 actually is where I quote Ballz as stating we have a "shit load" of depth at safety and we don't need Irvin.
    And as you can see fucktard, the names I mentioned were Austin Joyner, Elijah Molden, and Kyler Gordon as future safety depth. Joyner is gone and Molden and Gordon are not currently playing safety. Very poor bump attempt. I wasn't wrong. If we had all three of those guys playing safety for us right now, Irvin wouldn't be needed at safety, he'd be needed at corner.
    All that confirms is that you don’t know shit about positional evals
    All that it confirms is I don't have a fucking crystal ball and know what Jimmy Lake is going to do. When Molden and Gordon were signed, Lake spoke about both of them being able to play anywhere in the secondary which they absolutely can. Just because both are currently playing corner doesn't mean corner is the best fit for both of them. NFL scouts aren't exactly drooling over 5'10 corners like Molden.
    That's afunny statement coming from the one freaking out over who drills with which position on the first day of SPRING practice.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

@StrongArmCobra

You have good takes and good knowledge but why so angry all the time?

Imagine making a point without name calling you fucking retard?

I think anger is a natural response when people tell you to shut up, or insult you, or tell you a reasonable, objective observation is dumb and then proceed to give no substantive argument as to why they think it's dumb.
    He did make substantive arguments. You did not. That's everyone's problem with you. You state your opinions as facts, then get pissed and call names when anyone disagrees.

McKinney made a couple of mistakes in his first start against the best passing attack in the nation. Yeah he definitely sucks. Every safety tOSU faced last year must have sucked.
    No he didn't bitch. He argued that a redshirt freshman who hasn't played at all and played corner all season last season is now going to earn the starting job at free safety and he and McKinney will perform at an above average level. Based on what? We've seen nothing from either to suggest that will be the case, bitch. Conventional wisdom and common sense suggest that's not going to happen.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Ballz is right about this guys. People need plenty of time to develop into the cerebral safety position before they see the field. People forget Taylor Rapp and Budda Baker never started at safety until their redshirt sophomore years.

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

How dumb can you be? Budda was terrible his first year as a starter and Rapp was an extreme outlier. Great fucking job being a retarded doog with those examples.

When the fuck did I say fire Jimmy Lake? Take his dick out your mouth. Everybody deserves to be criticized when criticism is warranted. That's what it means to have high fucking standards you fucking idiot.

Bottom line is our safety depth is fucking trash. Anybody who's not a retard sunshine pumper can see that. What are the chances that position group is saved by a redshirt freshman or true freshman? Very fucking low. It sure would be nice if we at least had Isaiah Pola-Mao or Talanoa Hufanga on the roster.

I always have to be the guy who sees less than ideal shit coming in advance while others want to ignore it until it slaps them in the fucking face. That's fine. I'll be the realist while others get slapped in the face by reality down the road.

Be sure to remember this thread and your dismissive attitude when Stanford's TE's are killing our safeties over the middle.
    Budda was terrible his first two games. The slot from Hawaii killed him and I still remember a ball bouncing off his face mask (he had horrible hands) before being caught for a TD. That said, by mid season he was a stud.
    Guess who our OOC schedule includes! The secondary is going to be fine for PAC 12 play as it will have time to develop against a shit tastic OOC schedule and is talented enough against this conference to overcome a lack of experience/development. The only real question mark is will it have the depth/experience to match up by the time we are playing in a bowl or potentially the playoffs. Probably not if it's Clemson/Alabama but we all knew this years ahead of time.
    That's my fucking point so what the fuck are you arguing about? Nobody gives a fuck about just beating shit Pac-12 teams anymore. This is year fucking six. We're trying to get back to the playoffs and compete for national titles. That can't happen if the safeties are getting the ball thrown over their heads for big plays or are getting run over by Najee Harris. If we're not elite at every fucking position it's not good enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I just wish that the coaches would continue to evaluate their talent and see who fits best where and who is outplaying who throughout all of spring camp and then again during fall camp, then be willing to adjust and move things around.

It just really sucks that their lineups on Day 1 of spring camp are set in stone and that’s what they’ll do for the entire season.

I also wish Jimmy Lake knew how to evaluate the talent on his roster and understood who is best for what position and what his best starting lineup was.

They get 15 practices over 3 weeks with these kids in the Spring. Most of those practices are fundamental work. Then they get 3 weeks to work with them in August before it's game week. That's not a lot of fucking time to work with them on the field. Any position moves need to be made as soon as possible. Otherwise, valuable coaching and development time is wasted. You can't just switch a guy from corner to safety at the last minute in August and think he's gonna perform well. Irvin to safety immediately instead of Molden makes zero sense. You want a true junior veteran with instincts leading the secondary, cleaning up mistakes in the pass defense, and making crucial one on one tackles to prevent touchdowns. Not a RS Freshman coming off an injury who hasn't played or Isaiah Gilchrist.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I just wish that the coaches would continue to evaluate their talent and see who fits best where and who is outplaying who throughout all of spring camp and then again during fall camp, then be willing to adjust and move things around.

It just really sucks that their lineups on Day 1 of spring camp are set in stone and that’s what they’ll do for the entire season.

I also wish Jimmy Lake knew how to evaluate the talent on his roster and understood who is best for what position and what his best starting lineup was.

They get 15 practices over three weeks with these kids in the Spring. Most of those practices are fundamental work. Then they get 3 weeks to work with them in August before it's game week. That's not a lot of fucking time to work with them on the field. Any position moves need to be made as soon as possible. Otherwise, valuable coaching and development time is wasted. You can't just switch a guy from corner to safety at the last minute in August and think he's gonna perform well. Irvin to safety immediately instead of Molden makes zero sense. You want a true junior veteran with instincts leading the secondary, cleaning up mistakes in the pass defense, and making crucial one on one tackles to prevent touchdowns. Not a RS Freshman coming off an injury who hasn't played.
    You mean like Brandon McKinney, the guy who has actually played and practiced at safety for two years, as opposed to the guy who has played and practiced at corner for two years?

Now you're starting to make some sense.
    A. I'm talking about free safety. McKinney is a strong safety.
    B. McKinney showed poor instincts and recognition versus Ohio State. He was extremely slow to react. Right now he's another Jojo McIntosh until proven otherwise. Let's be real. He might get beat out by Asa Turner.
    C. Your unwavering denial and defense of every DB and Jimmy Lake no matter what is the fucking definition of a doog. Try being objective and looking at everything with a critical eye instead of arguing your hopes and dreams.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Off topic, but does anyone know what the practice schedule is?

Next is tomorrow.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Off topic, but does anyone know what the practice schedule is?

Typically Monday Wednesday Friday if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,057
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ballz is right about this guys. People need plenty of time to develop into the cerebral safety position before they see the field. People forget Taylor Rapp and Budda Baker never started at safety until their redshirt sophomore years.

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

How dumb can you be? Budda was terrible his first year as a starter and Rapp was an extreme outlier. Great fucking job being a retarded doog with those examples.

When the fuck did I say fire Jimmy Lake? Take his dick out your mouth. Everybody deserves to be criticized when criticism is warranted. That's what it means to have high fucking standards you fucking idiot.

Bottom line is our safety depth is fucking trash. Anybody who's not a retard sunshine pumper can see that. What are the chances that position group is saved by a redshirt freshman or true freshman? Very fucking low. It sure would be nice if we at least had Isaiah Pola-Mao or Talanoa Hufanga on the roster.

I always have to be the guy who sees less than ideal shit coming in advance while others want to ignore it until it slaps them in the fucking face. That's fine. I'll be the realist while others get slapped in the face by reality down the road.

Be sure to remember this thread and your dismissive attitude when Stanford's TE's are killing our safeties over the middle.
    Again, if that is the case, how are you just realizing this shit now on day 1 of spring practice in 2019?

I was bitching about our DB numbers in recruiting threads two years ago. This has been baked in for two years since our 2016 class consisted of:

-Two early entrants
    -One guy who ended up schizo
    -One guy who was overrated

All this became apparent during the 2017 season. We had signed a solid class in 2017 between Taylor, Molden, McKinney (and Cook) but in retrospect we should have taken one more guy.

Lake has done everything he can to address the shortfall since it became apparent with two classes full of studs in 2018 and 2019. But in recruiting you have to see two-three years ahead or you are going to have to start freshmen.

Luckily the freshmen we have coming off redshirts are among the most talented we've seen in purple in decades. Lets see what they can do.
    You were right back then. I was waiting to see how the DB's were fit into the program positionally before I made any judgments. We have multiple guys who played both corner and safety in high school including Elijah Molden. Molden has been fit in as a corner when his higher NFL potential is likely at free safety. Although he hasn't been a full time starter yet, the true Junior is a veteran with a high football IQ and is the fastest DB on the team with a 4.44 40 time. That sideline to sideline speed is needed at free safety when you want to play a lot of single high defense and prevent big plays over the top. I expected him to replace Rapp in his more natural position of free safety. When I saw that was not the plan for him from Day 1 of Spring ball, that's when my concern level for the safety position increased rapidly.

Did Lake do everything he could do to address the shortfall? Where's the Ezekial Turner type JUCO transfer or Brian Clay D1 transfer safety to help that position group and compete for a starting job? Why is Elijah Molden still playing corner when he is needed more at safety?
    This is as close as I've ever seen you come to admitting you were wrong about something so props for that.

I think we all agree that the depth and experience at safety is far from ideal. I disagree that moving Molden solves the problem. I like Molden at nickel although we already have Bryant there. Given that the coaches may be right that our best lineup is with Irvin at FS and Molden at CB. I am not going to freak out over that and feel it is splitting hairs to complain that we should have Molden at FS and Hampton at CB.

Either way we have a depth and experience issue somewhere in the secondary.
    Except it's not splitting hairs. Molden is a perfect fit at free safety. He doesn't have ideal length on the outside at corner but he does have the ideal speed, instincts, and thiccness to play free safety. More so than Irvin without question. Free safety is more of a cerebral position than corner. You want your most instinctual and highest football IQ DB at free safety. Irvin is not that guy but Molden is. It's better to be young and inexperienced at corner than free safety. A young corner makes a mistake or gets beat, you want a veteran free safety there with 4.4 speed to prevent that play from being a touch down for the opposing offense. I'm way more comfortable with Dom Hampton or Kyler Gordon starting at corner with Molden at free safety than I am with Irvin at free safety and Molden at corner.
    Why don’t you trust no ballz lake?
  • Options
    We suck at safety till we don't

Plus, I'm 6'6 and black, I win.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Skipping all of Ballz’s posts in this thread and just wtfing them saved me roughly 12 IQ points.

If that's the way you feel, good. You don't have more than 50 IQ points to begin with, so the 12 you saved are really important for your ability to feed yourself and wipe your own ass.