Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Taylor Rapp left REALLY early
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

I enjoy the new narrative that McKinney sucks and tOSU proved that he doesn’t belong on the field.

For two years he would flash when he would play. For two years the older guys and coaches have raved about him. One game against the best pocket QB in the country with elite speed WR does not change that.

This kid is going to be great. Fuck off with the narrative that he sucks.

I understand and respect your logic, but I was there. McKinney sucks until he doesn't for me.

I know it's unfair to the kid, but the stage was way too big for him at that level. I hope he bounces back and proves me wrong, but I'm still scarred by his Rose bowl performance.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Doogles said:

I enjoy the new narrative that McKinney sucks and tOSU proved that he doesn’t belong on the field.

For two years he would flash when he would play. For two years the older guys and coaches have raved about him. One game against the best pocket QB in the country with elite speed WR does not change that.

This kid is going to be great. Fuck off with the narrative that he sucks.

I understand and respect your logic, but I was there. McKinney sucks until he doesn't for me.

I know it's unfair to the kid, but the stage was way too big for him at that level. I hope he bounces back and proves me wrong, but I'm still scarred by his Rose bowl performance.
    I understand what you're saying as well, and I respect how you feel.

My feelings are based on the fact that he didn't get burned all day. There were three particular plays, and unfortunately, all were in the redzone and were TD's. He clearly fucked those three plays up because on all three he came over late. That said, the rest of the game he wasn't getting burned repeatedly, and as HillsboroDuckDawg mentioned, he got better as the game went on.

The sucks until he doesn't is a feeling I get, but there has been 2 years of playing time where he has played sound defense. He's exactly the same as his class peers in Taylor and Molden. There have been times they got burned, but they have mainly flashed great skills and sound coverage during their reps. Coaches rave about him, and Lake trusts him. He has already been good, and he will be great.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    More from Caple on Day 1:

Not sure if there can be “standouts” on the first day of spring practice, but if I had to pick a few, I’d go with Molden, Otton and Ryan Bowman. Molden, playing cornerback, seemed to be in lockstep with every receiver he covered. Otton caught a handful of passes — including a nice gain over the middle on what might have been Haener’s best throw — and continues to look like he could have a bigger role in the passing game going forward (I thought Bryant looked sharp, too). And Bowman pressured the quarterback several times from his edge-rusher position; I can recall at least twice when he beat the left tackle and forced the quarterback to throw on the run.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Ballz is right about this guys. People need plenty of time to develop into the cerebral safety position before they see the field. People forget Taylor Rapp and Budda Baker never started at safety until their redshirt sophomore years.

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

How dumb can you be? Budda was terrible his first year as a starter and Rapp was an extreme outlier. Great fucking job being a retarded doog with those examples.

When the fuck did I say fire Jimmy Lake? Take his dick out your mouth. Everybody deserves to be criticized when criticism is warranted. That's what it means to have high fucking standards you fucking idiot.

Bottom line is our safety depth is fucking trash. Anybody who's not a retard sunshine pumper can see that. What are the chances that position group is saved by a redshirt freshman or true freshman? Very fucking low. It sure would be nice if we at least had Isaiah Pola-Mao or Talanoa Hufanga on the roster.

I always have to be the guy who sees less than ideal shit coming in advance while others want to ignore it until it slaps them in the fucking face. That's fine. I'll be the realist while others get slapped in the face by reality down the road.

Be sure to remember this thread and your dismissive attitude when Stanford's TE's are killing our safeties over the middle.
  • Options

Ballz is right about this guys. People need plenty of time to develop into the cerebral safety position before they see the field. People forget Taylor Rapp and Budda Baker never started at safety until their redshirt sophomore years.

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

How dumb can you be? Budda was terrible his first year as a starter and Rapp was an extreme outlier. Great fucking job being a retarded doog with those examples.

When the fuck did I say fire Jimmy Lake? Take his dick out your mouth. Everybody deserves to be criticized when criticism is warranted. That's what it means to have high fucking standards you fucking idiot.

Bottom line is our safety depth is fucking trash. Anybody who's not a retard sunshine pumper can see that. What are the chances that position group is saved by a redshirt freshman or true freshman? Very fucking low. It sure would be nice if we at least had Isaiah Pola-Mao or Talanoa Hufanga on the roster.

I always have to be the guy who sees less than ideal shit coming in advance while others want to ignore it until it slaps them in the fucking face. That's fine. I'll be the realist while others get slapped in the face by reality down the road.

Be sure to remember this thread and your dismissive attitude when Stanford's TE's are killing our safeties over the middle.
    You are literally the dumbest person I've ever encountered on the chinternet.

Ho. Lee. Shit.
    And that's what I thought. No response of substance because you have nothing substantive to say. You can't defend our safeties because you have nothing that proves they don't currently suck and all indications are they do indeed suck.
  • Options

@StrongArmCobra

You have good takes and good knowledge but why so angry all the time?

Imagine making a point without name calling you fucking retard?

I think anger is a natural response when people tell you to shut up, or insult you, or tell you a reasonable, objective observation is dumb and then proceed to give no substantive argument as to why they think it's dumb.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

Ho. Lee. Shit.
    And that's what I thought. No response of substance because you have nothing substantive to say. You can't defend our safeties because you have nothing that proves they don't currently suck and all indications are they do indeed suck.
    Budda Baker was not terrible as a true freshman you fucking idiot.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that safety in this defensive scheme is overly difficult to understand. Irvin, if he ends up earning the starting spot, is going to be a fucking baller. This year.

If he doesn't earn the starting spot it's because somebody else is even better.

The depth is fine. The talent is very good. The coaching is great.

I get it, you like to bitch just to hear yourself bitch, it's what you do. Doesn't mean your bitchfest has any relation whatsoever to reality.

WASHINGTON will have well above average safety production this year, dammit. Get all the fucking screenshots you need.
    Budda Baker sucked as a true Freshman. He got ran over by running backs and got beat in coverage many times. Vernon Adams ate his lunch. Based on your lower standards he might not have sucked. But based on my higher standards, he sucked. I expect this team to get back to the fucking playoffs and compete against Tua Tagovailoa and Trevor Lawrence and all the great receivers and runningbacks those teams have. True Freshman Budda Baker was not good enough to compete against that talent level.

That would be fucking great if Julius Irvin saved the day but chances of that happening are very slim. He's underweight and hasn't played safety in college. If he's a starter, he will be picked on and he will give up big plays. That's just common sense which you obviously don't have. If he gives up big plays in a tightly contested game, it could cost us a game.

Same goes for McKinney. If safety was so easy he wouldn't have gotten his ass whooped in the Rose Bowl. Corners have one receiver to worry about on most downs. Safeties have multiple receivers coming at them from different angles and have to make the correct decision on who to cover and the decision has to be made quickly or else it's a touchdown. Safeties also have to able to tackle much bigger running backs one on one. Something corners rarely have to do. Safety is naturally physically and mentally harder than corner. The safety depth is talented but is extremely young and inexperienced. Only a fucking idiot sunshine pumper ignores that and thinks they will be above average just because they're talented and have a great coach.

Yeah that post won't age well for you. I'll be sure to bump it later.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

Ho. Lee. Shit.
    Budda Baker was not terrible as a true freshman you fucking idiot.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that safety in this defensive scheme is overly difficult to understand. Irvin, if he ends up earning the starting spot, is going to be a fucking baller. This year.

If he doesn't earn the starting spot it's because somebody else is even better.

The depth is fine. The talent is very good. The coaching is great.

I get it, you like to bitch just to hear yourself bitch, it's what you do. Doesn't mean your bitchfest has any relation whatsoever to reality.

WASHINGTON will have well above average safety production this year, dammit. Get all the fucking screenshots you need.
    Budda Baker sucked as a true Freshman. He got ran over by running backs and got beat in coverage many times. Vernon Adams ate his lunch. Based on your lower standards he might not have sucked. But based on my higher standards, he sucked.

That would be fucking great if Julius Irvin saved the day but chances of that happening are very slim. He's underweight and hasn't played safety in college. He's also undersized and needs to get his weight up. If he's a starter, he will be picked on and he will give up big plays. That's just common sense which you obviously don't have. If he gives up big plays in a tightly contested game, it could cost us a game.

Same goes for McKinney. If safety was so easy he wouldn't have gotten his ass whooped in the Rose Bowl. Corners have one receiver to worry about on most downs. Safeties have multiple receivers coming at them from different angles and have to make the correct decision on who to cover and the decision has to be made quickly or else it's a touchdown. Safeties also have to able to tackle much bigger running backs one on one. Something corners rarely have to do. Safety is naturally physically and mentally harder than corner. The safety depth is talented but is extremely young and inexperienced. Only a fucking idiot sunshine pumper ignores that and thinks they will be above average just because they're talented and have a great coach.

Yeah that post won't age well for you. I'll be sure to bump it later.
    #MeToo
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    SAC struggling hondo style
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We are so fucked.

#FireJimmyLake

Again, if that is the case, how are you just realizing this shit now on day 1 of spring practice in 2019?

I was bitching about our DB numbers in recruiting threads two years ago. This has been baked in for two years since our 2016 class consisted of:

-Two early entrants
    -One guy who ended up schizo
    -One guy who was overrated

All this became apparent during the 2017 season. We had signed a solid class in 2017 between Taylor, Molden, McKinney (and Cook) but in retrospect we should have taken one more guy.

Lake has done everything he can to address the shortfall since it became apparent with two classes full of studs in 2018 and 2019. But in recruiting you have to see two-three years ahead or you are going to have to start freshmen.

Luckily the freshmen we have coming off redshirts are among the most talented we've seen in purple in decades. Lets see what they can do.