Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I think it's pretty clear Sirmon is beating Yanks. Position switch or couch sale imminent.

too soon
    He was beating him last year. Compared to the other QBs he can't throw, just can't. Inaccuracy isn't going to fly in Pete's fucked up offense. I doubt Pete even knows what to do with a mobile QB.

Watch the second guy in the clip. He was doing this shit in practice last year too.
    I think we always knew Yankoff was going to be a work in progress with his arm. I think it's way too soon to give up on him. I do agree Sirmon's ahead of him right now. That doesn't mean he'll always be ahead of him.

Pete not knowing what to do with a mobile QB is likely. My hope is that in all Bush's many travels he's picked up something in regards to using a mobile QB. We'll see.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Houhusky said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I think it's pretty clear Sirmon is beating Yanks. Position switch or couch sale imminent.

too soon
    He was beating him last year. Compared to the other QBs he can't throw, just can't. Inaccuracy isn't going to fly in Pete's fucked up offense. I doubt Pete even knows what to do with a mobile QB.

Watch the second guy in the clip. He was doing this shit in practice last year too.
    I think we always knew Yankoff was going to be a work in progress with his arm. I think it's way too soon to give up on him. I do agree Sirmon's ahead of him right now. That doesn't mean he'll always be ahead of him.

Pete not knowing what to do with a mobile QB is likely. My hope is that in all Bush's many travels he's picked up something in regards to using a mobile QB. We'll see.
    I mean, bounce passing on an easy pass like that during a slow drill is not a good look.

Most high school QBs dont bounce pass that.

Maybe there is still time to move him to Buck, Vanilla Hammer, or FS.
    It's one rep so let's not go crazy, but I've heard that he can't throw with the type of consistent accuracy that Pete is going to want.

However, at 6-4, 220, 4.5 - you think he can throw better than Marvin Hall? Well... no one can. Statistically the best passer in the history of the NCAA.

But I bet he can get to Dante Pettis levels. He is ultimately a weapon at BTE imo.
    He'd definitely be a weapon there. Just depends on how willing he is to move or how committed he is to playing QB.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

OMG it's happening. Fuller and Jones out for most if not all of Spring. Bynum already balling out filling in for Fuller. He's 15 pounds heavier than Fuller and somehow faster with 4.4 speed. First couple plays of the first team period he catches two bombs from Eason. Now Jones is out and here comes Spiker and Osborne making plays. Finally the more talented receivers are getting a chance to show what they can do with QB's that can throw the fucking ball and big plays are being made early in Spring ball. Better talent on offense equals more explosive plays? Hmm, interesting.

Grave violation of the Grundle Doctrine. Leave.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019
    I like Curne and Fautanu paired together at RG and RT. Buelow is massive.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

OMG it's happening. Fuller and Jones out for most if not all of Spring. Bynum already balling out filling in for Fuller. He's 15 pounds heavier than Fuller and somehow faster with 4.4 speed. First couple plays of the first team period he catches two bombs from Eason. Now Jones is out and here comes Spiker and Osborne making plays. Finally the more talented receivers are getting a chance to show what they can do with QB's that can throw the fucking ball and big plays are being made early in Spring ball. Better talent on offense equals more explosive plays? Hmm, interesting.

Grave violation of the Grundle Doctrine. Leave.

Never!