Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woody nominated for national athletic director of the year

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Bill fucking gets it:

Woodward has definitely improved at his job since 2008. I feel kind of bad having called him "Pool Bitch" a few times, but that's my passion for winning. I know the award is probably ultra faggy and p.c., so it encompasses 287 Olympic sports, and we're probably doing well in those. In terms of the money sports, he's done okay, maybe decent, but retaining Romar after three years of missing the tournament is a bad move.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited May 2014
    I like how AZDuck is naive to think Phil Knight isn't running everything at Oregon. The AD just a figurehead.

Also before Sven thinks I'm crowning Woodward I'd suggest he read my earlier comments in this thread.

I'd say he's a B- right now trending up.
    edited May 2014
    I guaranfuckingtee that Phil Knight did not decide to hire Mark Helfrich.

And its when you start playing the Phil Knight card that you sound like a fucking Doog in D-major.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    AZDuck said:

The Oregon AD or Phil Knight's assistant hired Helfrich and Altman. Those aren't looking like great hires. Jeremy Foley at Florida has a mantle full of championships in football and basketball. He also hired Ron Zook and Will Muschamp. I would love to see the AD with a perfect track record.
    The fuck?

The guy at Dook or maybe whoever's in charge at Stanford (Sears Cups holla)... but Helfrich is still an unproven commodity and Altman is looking pretty fucking good. Woody isn't even a top 50% AD. Oregon has gone from being near last in the Pac-12 in revenue to the top in the last few years, and I don't even think our AD is that great.

How we are ahead of you fucks who are located in the middle of the largest city in the PNW with a 70K stadium and twice as many living alumni (320K for UW vs. 160K for UO)... our guys are doing some shit right. And that is argument one for why your guy isn't all that.

It really amuses me that so many people think that building the stadium is a great accomplishment. Getting the stadium done is what I would call "minimal competence." Let's see, the UW owns the land, and has for over a century. There was already a stadium there, so zoning wasn't really an issue. It was a matter of knocking heads and getting donors to open up their pocketbooks, and of the 320K UW alums worldwide, 215K live in the state of Washington.

Earth to so-called halfbrains, your AD isn't all that great.

I'm hearing that Peterman wanted the UW job more than the AD wanted Peterman, so there's that as well. But please, let this guy and his cronies continue to run your AD. We probably need another ten years or so to really solidify our position as the premiere sports program in the NW.

Agree with most of this, but Woodward is still easily a top half AD in the fucking dreckfest that is the Pac-12. I only see two good ADs in the whole conference.

Here's my ranking of the list:
    1. Byrne

2. Hill

--------------- (fucking dreckfest line) --------------------------

3. Patterson
    4. Guerrero
    5. Woodward
    6. Muir (hasn't had to do much at Stanford yet)

7. Moos
    8. Mullens (settling on Helfrich when Oregon could have gotten a great coach sucks)

9. De Carolis
    10. Bohn
    11. Barbour

12. Haden

Yes, Cal is way too fucking high in this list.

AZDuck said:

And its when you start playing the Phil Knight card that you sound like a fucking Doog in D-major.

When did Phil Knight turn into an absentee owner?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

AZDuck said:

The Oregon AD or Phil Knight's assistant hired Helfrich and Altman. Those aren't looking like great hires. Jeremy Foley at Florida has a mantle full of championships in football and basketball. He also hired Ron Zook and Will Muschamp. I would love to see the AD with a perfect track record.
    The fuck?

The guy at Dook or maybe whoever's in charge at Stanford (Sears Cups holla)... but Helfrich is still an unproven commodity and Altman is looking pretty fucking good. Woody isn't even a top 50% AD. Oregon has gone from being near last in the Pac-12 in revenue to the top in the last few years, and I don't even think our AD is that great.

How we are ahead of you fucks who are located in the middle of the largest city in the PNW with a 70K stadium and twice as many living alumni (320K for UW vs. 160K for UO)... our guys are doing some shit right. And that is argument one for why your guy isn't all that.

It really amuses me that so many people think that building the stadium is a great accomplishment. Getting the stadium done is what I would call "minimal competence." Let's see, the UW owns the land, and has for over a century. There was already a stadium there, so zoning wasn't really an issue. It was a matter of knocking heads and getting donors to open up their pocketbooks, and of the 320K UW alums worldwide, 215K live in the state of Washington.

I'm hearing that Peterman wanted the UW job more than the AD wanted Peterman, so there's that as well. But please, let this guy and his cronies continue to run your AD. We probably need another ten years or so to really solidify our position as the premiere sports program in the NW.

Agree with most of this, but Woodward is still easily a top half AD in the fucking dreckfest that is the Pac-12. I only see two good ADs in the whole conference.

1. Byrne

2. Hill

3. Patterson
    4. Guerrero
    5. Woodward

7. Moos
    8. Mullens (settling on Helfrich when Oregon could have gotten a great coach sucks)

9. De Carolis
    10. Bohn
    11. Barbour

12. Haden

PAC 12 AD superiority guy.

When Dan Guerrero is the 4th best AD in the conference, most of the ADs in your conference suck.

AZDuck said:

When did Phil Knight turn into an absentee owner?
    You set me up good on this one.

Sven gets it.

Mullens sucks, probably a bit worse than Woody. We've become a national name with Phil's money and Chip Kelly.

That being said, the football program turned around about ten years before Phil started writing checks, in the late 80's-early 90's. You know, the Rich Brooks Twenty Year Plan To Lose the Rose Bowl.

There's another PK that needs some love, Pat Kilkenny. There's another guy named Randy Pape that wrote some big checks.

And don't cheer too loudly when Uncle Phil croaks, because supposedly that's when the UO gets about 3BN.

AZDuck said:

The fuck?

1. Byrne

2. Hill

3. Patterson
    4. Guerrero
    5. Woodward

7. Moos

9. De Carolis
    10. Bohn
    11. Barbour

12. Haden

Can you attach the schools next to their names next time for us slow dumb fucks who don't know how to use "Google" ?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    AZDuck said:

Sven gets it.

Mullens sucks, probably a bit worse than Woody. We've become a national name with Phil's money and Chip Kelly.

That being said, the football program turned around about ten years before Phil started writing checks, in the late 80's-early 90's. You know, the Rich Brooks Twenty Year Plan To Lose the Rose Bowl.

There's another PK that needs some love, Pat Kilkenny. There's another guy named Randy Pape that wrote some big checks.

And don't cheer too loudly when Uncle Phil croaks, because supposedly that's when the UO gets about 3BN.

The football program turned around? Fuck, even WSU and Oregon State have had some big years in football. You guys weren't shit in the 90's.

Oregon wouldn't be shit without Phil Knight and Nike. That's not being a doog, it's a simple fact. Without him, you would be lumped in with Cal, Oregon State, and Arizona. With him, you are right there with USC.

AZDuck said:

Sven gets it.

QPOTD.

Starting in 1987 Brooks went 6-5, 6-6, 8-4,8-4, 3-8, 6-6, 5-6, and 9-4.

So is UW in the process of turning it around then? Holy fuck man. You were starting off strong in this thread but you couldn't hide your inner Quook.
    1. Byrne - Arizona

2. Hill - Utah

3. Patterson - ASU
    4. Guerrero - UCLA
    5. Woodward - UW-Bothell
    6. Muir - Stanford

7. Moos - WSU
    8. Mullens - Oregon

9. De Carolis - OS
    10. Bohn - Colorado
    11. Barbour - Cal

12. Haden - Southern California City College

Why is the Utah guy #2 when in the major sports they haven't done shit since joining the conference? Curious what your rational is behind that?

Why is the Utah guy #2 when in the major sports they haven't done shit since joining the conference? Curious what your rational is behind that?

He hired Urban Meyer. That's more than anyone else on the list has ever accomplished.

"You guys weren't shit in the 90's."
    Pac-10 1990's Standings:

Washington: 82 wins
    Arizona: 71 wins
    UCLA: 70 wins
    UO: 70 wins
    USC: 69 wins
    ASU: 63 wins
    Stanford: 61 wins
    Wazzu: 53 wins
    Cal: 51 wins (Cal is too high)
    Oregon State: 29 wins

Nobody else was as good as Washington in the 1990's, but we were in the top tier of the "rest" (UCLA, UO, USC, ASU)
    Starting in 1987 Brooks went 6-5, 6-6, 8-4,8-4, 3-8, 6-6, 5-6, and 9-4.
    Look at UO football history from 1920 to 1986. Yes, that is a turnaround.