Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Rebuilt stadium. Dumped Sark. Hired Petersen. Now fire Romar and he has my vote.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
    Also hired the baseball coach and built the new baseball stadium, which is now at an all-time high.

But hiring Petersen is more than enough to win AD of the year for anyone.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I think the ballot box was fixed... Love the Petersen hire, but AD of the year? Basketball program at an all time low, Petersen hired only after being teabagged by Sark (the hand of Gawd), stadium is upgraded but wasn't upgraded to jaw drop status, uniforms are as big a fucktarded mess as one could ever imagine - what the fuck is the identity of this program????? Woody's trending up, but let's not crown his ass yet.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
    What did Arizona's or Duke's AD that's better than what Woodward did this year?

The man hired Christ Petersen. Unless the other ADs cured cancer or established peace in the Middle East, I don't think there's anything they've done that can outmatch the Petersen hire.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

The man hired Christ Petersen. Unless the other ADs cured cancer or established peace in the Middle East, I don't think there's anything they've done that can outmatch the Petersen hire.

If Woodward leaves I'd go after the Arizona AD or at least have him on the short list. I mentioned him a year ago on here. He shitcanned Stoops and hired Rich Rod. He also has raised a lot of money and they have some new facilities. His background is also impressive. Has SEC ties as well as ties to the northwest.

Stoops was a fucking clown but if you look at the advanced metrics and W/L he improved Arizona's lot considerably. Arizona's AD made a move that you only see from big time programs. He replaced a coach who had earned a few more years with someone who was obviously better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Gladstone said:

Rebuilt stadium. Dumped Sark. Hired Petersen. Now fire Romar and he has my vote.

Huh? I like the revisionist history going on around here that he "dumped Sark". More like Sark dumped him and he didn't object.

Hiring Petersen is a big success. Deserves all the credit in the world for that. Far as Sark goes? That is more luck than Woodward's doing.

If Woodward leaves I'd go after the Arizona AD or at least have him on the short list. I mentioned him a year ago on here. He shitcanned Stoops and hired Rich Rod. He also has raised a lot of money and they have some new facilities. His background is also impressive. Has SEC ties as well as ties to the northwest.

Stoops was a fucking clown but if you look at the advanced metrics and W/L he improved Arizona's lot considerably. Arizona's AD made a move that you only see from big time programs. He replaced a coach who had earned a few more years with someone who was obviously better.
    Stoops ended the 2010 season losing five games in a row then began 2011 losing five of six. So he had a stretch where he was 1-10. The AD shouldn't be getting praise for firing him at that point.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    To get to the point that he is no longer always referred to as Pool Boy (or was that Sark?) tells me he is at least in the conversation. Fire Romar and he is final ballot.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Swaye said:

To get to the point that he is no longer always referred to as Pool Boy (or was that Sark?) tells me he is at least in the conversation. Fire Romar and he is final ballot.

I thought Sark was pool boy
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Gladstone said:

Huh? I like the revisionist history going on around here that he "dumped Sark". More like Sark dumped him and he didn't object.

Hiring Petersen is a big success. Deserves all the credit in the world for that. Far as Sark goes? That is more luck than Woodward's doing.
    I am not privy to what happened behind the scenes.

Would not be surprised if Sark was told he was on a short leash. Sometimes you can get things done without getting your hands dirty (hi Kim!).

The fact that Sark was gone 3 days after the Apple Cup and Peterman was hired within the week tells me Woody had a plan in place and was not interested in keeping Sark.

Outside of keeping Romar and the OOC schedule he has done a job that is worthy of the nomination and if he wins ... I wouldn't think it was wrong.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I thought Sark was pool boy
    I'm with Damone.
    He wasn't going to fire Sark after 8-4.

Big difference between not liking a guy so you won't extend him and not liking him to fire him.

I doubt he fires Sark at 8-4 as he'd have to pay off his salary.

Facts are he didn't dump Sark, Pat HadenFS bailed him out.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

He wasn't going to fire Sark after 8-4.

Big difference between not liking a guy so you won't extend him and not liking him to fire him.

I doubt he fires Sark at 8-4 as he'd have to pay off his salary.

Facts are he didn't dump Sark, Pat HadenFS bailed him out.

Agreed you don't fire someone for 8-4.

Again, you can get things done without getting your hands dirty.

What we do know, Sark left and in less than a week the most sought after coach in college football was landed ...

Not extending a head coach at a major university is equal to firing him.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,564 Founders Club

Stoops ended the 2010 season losing five games in a row then began 2011 losing five of six. So he had a stretch where he was 1-10. The AD shouldn't be getting praise for firing him at that point.
    They faced kind of a gauntlet - $C, whOregon, Okie State, and Furd... I think they played all those teams twice or at least three (they played Oklahoma State in a bowl and then in the regular season). So, I'm not defending Stoops, but the schedule was weird. He went from seven and one and being in the top 10 to 1-5 & getting shitcanned in less than a year. It's a tough job but they're well compensated one percenters.

* thread hijack over *

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,564 Founders Club
    Fire Romar, tell Jesse and the NAACP crybabies to fuck off, and hire a winner, then he can be in the running