Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA sell Pac 12 couch

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,751
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It’s 2008 again. I don’t give a shit about what happens to UW. Just dooging to hope Oregon gets stuck and dies in a fire with us. Thanks Jen!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

California insisted that USC and ucla play Cal and Stanford every year regardless of division

They go too and that's your 16 teams

I have zero interest in anything after that

Roll Tide and fuck off

They already have 14, so 14+4 is 18.
    OK that sounds like new math to me

Good point though

Still an issue
    If money is what matters, why let 16 or 18 the limit? If FOX is driving this to get back at ESPN, I can see them wanting to bring in other Pac-12 or ACC markets.
    Because I'm stuck in the old fashioned thinking that a 20 or 24 team league isn't a league

Play USC once a decade

Now

If the Super B1G has an 8 team Pacific division that is the old Pac 8 I'm back in
    It's not.

12-14 is already pushing it

Conferences are regional things - not national things. This is dumb.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

I can't wait to figure out what scrub teams the PAC-12 will recruit into the conference. Any predictions?

If UW and Oregon manage to get a pity invite to the B1G the PAC will fold or become the new and improved MWC by bringing in the top-4 teams from the MWC. Hopefully the LA schools signaled this was coming to UW prior to it leaking or that's a really bad sign.
    I could see Oregon, but the second school would come out of Big 12. Baylor, Oklahoma State, maybe even Iowa State. They're not going to ask Washington to join. There not going to admit a team with a program and a fanbase in a death spiral. Even Utah probably has a better chance of getting in than Washington. We ain't such a big fish anymore.

On the flip side, if Oregon doesn't get an invite because of us, that'll be our biggest win over them in 20 years.
    We made three straight New Years Bowls not very long ago. Washington is a traditional top 20 program and isn't in a death spiral. Calm down, Tex
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wilner with Fauci as the Heisman Trophy on his Twatters. Weird and cringe. I'll take it to the Tug but C'mon Man!!
    Swaye's Wigwam

California insisted that USC and ucla play Cal and Stanford every year regardless of division

They go too and that's your 16 teams

I have zero interest in anything after that

Roll Tide and fuck off

They already have 14, so 14+4 is 18.
    OK that sounds like new math to me

Good point though

Still an issue
    If money is what matters, why let 16 or 18 the limit? If FOX is driving this to get back at ESPN, I can see them wanting to bring in other Pac-12 or ACC markets.
    Because I'm stuck in the old fashioned thinking that a 20 or 24 team league isn't a league

Play USC once a decade

Now

If the Super B1G has an 8 team Pacific division that is the old Pac 8 I'm back in
    It's not.

12-14 is already pushing it

Conferences are regional things - not national things. This is dumb.
    I could see eventually a BIG 10 Atlantic/East, Central and Pacific/West divisions. All 8 team divisions. Winner of each division makes the final 8 playoff. Same with the SEC. Coastal, Central and West. Winner of each division makes the final 8. Two at large births chosen out of the top remaining BIG, SEC or leftover teams.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Big 10/Fox
    14 current teams
    USC
    UCLA
    UW
    Oregon
    Cal
    Stanford
    ASU
    Arizona
    North Carolina
    Duke
    Possibly substitute Arizona schools or Bay Area schools with Virginia and Virginia Tech

SEC/ESPN
    14 current schools
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Georgis Tech
    Miami FL
    FSU
    Clemson
    Louisville
    Oklahoma State
    Baylor
    TCU
    Possibly substitute Baylor and TCU for Virginia or Virginia Tech

24 teams each, 3 eight team pods each

Just off the top of my head.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TXDawg said:

I can't wait to figure out what scrub teams the PAC-12 will recruit into the conference. Any predictions?

Arizona State
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Utah
    The biggest fucking quck on Twitter thinks the Pac would be fine if they add BYU and Boise in. LOL
    ntxduck said:

Oregon has more alumni in the Bay Area and LA than Portland at this point. And gets way more viewers from the Bay Area than cal + Stanford combined.

Maybe I’m getting soft, but I feel bad for coug and beav with how this is going to shake out.

I feel bad for Beavlet. Mother fuck cuog
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

gmo said:

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

If UW and Oregon manage to get a pity invite to the B1G the PAC will fold or become the new and improved MWC by bringing in the top-4 teams from the MWC. Hopefully the LA schools signaled this was coming to UW prior to it leaking or that's a really bad sign.
    I could see Oregon, but the second school would come out of Big 12. Baylor, Oklahoma State, maybe even Iowa State. They're not going to ask Washington to join. There not going to admit a team with a program and a fanbase in a death spiral. Even Utah probably has a better chance of getting in than Washington. We ain't such a big fish anymore.

On the flip side, if Oregon doesn't get an invite because of us, that'll be our biggest win over them in 20 years.
    UW has a media market. That's the only hope.
    14th largest media market in the U.S.
    TV revenue is a huge part of these moves.
    Yes, I'm sure the 14th vs. the 25th sized media market is going to be the primary driver here. Lolz.
    not at all my point, but good burn.
  • DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Big 10/Fox
    14 current teams
    USC
    UCLA
    UW
    Oregon
    Cal
    Stanford
    ASU
    Arizona
    North Carolina
    Duke
    Possibly substitute Arizona schools or Bay Area schools with Virginia and Virginia Tech

Two of these things are not like the others... North Carolina and Duke would never agree to this. Sub Colorado and Utah and it just might work.

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,751
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

TXDawg said:

Arizona State
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Utah
    The biggest fucking quck on Twitter thinks the Pac would be fine if they add BYU and Boise in. LOL
    ntxduck said:

Oregon has more alumni in the Bay Area and LA than Portland at this point. And gets way more viewers from the Bay Area than cal + Stanford combined.

Maybe I’m getting soft, but I feel bad for coug and beav with how this is going to shake out.

I feel bad for Beavlet. Mother fuck cuog
    Why? Because they will be hearing us complaining forever how we deserve better? We will be right there with them.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Big 10/Fox
    14 current teams
    USC
    UCLA
    UW
    Oregon
    Cal
    Stanford
    ASU
    Arizona
    North Carolina
    Duke

Two of these things are not like the others... North Carolina and Duke would never agree to this. Sub Colorado and Utah and it just might work.

North Carolina and Duke would play in a division/pod with Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia?, Michigan and Ohio State? They wouldn't be in the Pacific/West division. I'm just spit ballin here. Hoping for the best.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW is not smart enough or bad enough to be Vanderbilt.

It would be funny if the B10 ends up taking most of the P12 and turning it into a division. The USC players would get a few extra dick twists for a couple years
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

It would be funny if the B10 ends up taking most of the P12 and turning it into a division. The USC players would get a few extra dick twists for a couple years

That's one way to get out of a bad TV deal early.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

gmo said:

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

UW has a media market. That's the only hope.
    14th largest media market in the U.S.
    TV revenue is a huge part of these moves.
    Yes, I'm sure the 14th vs. the 25th sized media market is going to be the primary driver here. Lolz.
    Has nothing to do with comparing Seattle to what I presume is Portland. It has to do with getting an invitation to join.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ESPN has just called it official.