Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariners Baby!

1235»

Comments

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 1,183
    1,500 Awesomes 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

I think if they keep taking 2 out of 3 they'll catch the Astros sometime around May, 2023.

Good to win series especially against good teams, but they need a win streak sometime.

We(?) have gone through a bad streak...IF the M's are as good as we hoped, that will be it. The Astros will come back to us, but will we be there, is the question for me. Every good team goes through at least one rough patch, if not more. 2 weeks ago the Angels were going to run away with it...
    The Ms have had solid stretches and they've had a horrific slump. What they haven't had yet is a streak. They haven't had more than two hitters hot at any one time yet. There's a lot rhey haven't done yet but they're still in decent position. They have a way better lineup and rotation than last season.

I think it's still coming. The Angels have shit pitching. An injury or two in the lineup and they could find themselves back with Oakland at the end.
    Agree. They are due to go on a run. I am hopeful because they just won 3 road series without Haniger and Lewis. When Murphy went out, he was hitting .303 and Raleigh was lost. Now, Murph isn’t a .300 hitter, but if Raleigh gets it figured out, that’ a solid platoon… add those 3 back in the mix and the line up gets a lot longer. Ray is currently their 5th starter, performance-wise, and he will get it figured out.

My big concern right now is that apparently the book on France and Julio is to pitch them in, hard. That is a broken wrist / finger waiting to happen, or worse…Suarez as well. And, as always, the bullpen.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Eighth Anniversary
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

I think if they keep taking 2 out of 3 they'll catch the Astros sometime around May, 2023.

Good to win series especially against good teams, but they need a win streak sometime.

We(?) have gone through a bad streak...IF the M's are as good as we hoped, that will be it. The Astros will come back to us, but will we be there, is the question for me. Every good team goes through at least one rough patch, if not more. 2 weeks ago the Angels were going to run away with it...
    The Ms have had solid stretches and they've had a horrific slump. What they haven't had yet is a streak. They haven't had more than two hitters hot at any one time yet. There's a lot rhey haven't done yet but they're still in decent position. They have a way better lineup and rotation than last season.

I think it's still coming. The Angels have shit pitching. An injury or two in the lineup and they could find themselves back with Oakland at the end.
    Agree. They are due to go on a run. I am hopeful because they just won 3 road series without Haniger and Lewis. When Murphy went out, he was hitting .303 and Raleigh was lost. Now, Murph isn’t a .300 hitter, but if Raleigh gets it figured out, that’ a solid platoon… add those 3 back in the mix and the line up gets a lot longer. Ray is currently their 5th starter, performance-wise, and he will get it figured out.

My big concern right now is that apparently the book on France and Julio is to pitch them in, hard. That is a broken wrist / finger waiting to happen, or worse…Suarez as well. And, as always, the bullpen.
    Yeah as DNC pointed out once, the biggest threat to France producing like he does is an injury from getting plunked.

On the other hand, consistently pitching inside to those three will put a fair number of balls in the seats which would be nice.
    Fishpo31
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 45,684
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes
    This could be the "Chuck & Fishpo Baseball Bored"

With Chuck and Fishpo in the Morning
    BleachedAnusDawgRoadDawg55
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 6,733
    Standard Supporter 5,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 5000 Comments
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Lewis is always hurt. He will always be a "what if" guy.
    Fishpo31

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

He has an mpact every time he gets healthy though. If he's always going to be oft injured and cheap but gives them a boost at the right times I'd take it.

And it's an amazing board, probably the greatest ever.
    Fishpo31DerekJohnsonRoadDawg55

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Sounds like a third baseman I used to know of…DH for life

Does the job come with “Bellevue Massage” privileges?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 45,684
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes
    Fishpo31 said:

Does the job come with “Bellevue Massage” privileges?
    Hardy har har
    Fishpo31