Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WTF is Kalen DeBoer doing right now?

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,616
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I hate Nike but adidas is trash. Uniforms and swag matter.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    If we lose out on Conerly I'll hit the panic button, but a lot of the recent stuff seems more like reshuffling and rebuilding from the scorched earth that Jimmy left KDB with.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    cute fanfic bro.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

Our NIL program sounds like we are bringing pebbles to a bazooka fight, and in the first month Kalen's biggest win is bringing Morgan over from Michigan (some would call him a meet and greeter, others would say he's a fluffer) who will be here 2-3 years tops, and getting Oregon to give us 500k to take Adams away, but in the process we are going to lose the "strength" (lol lol) of the team w/ Bynum gone, Germaine bolting, and 50/50 at best that Macmillian and Rome stay.

Obviously he deserves a chance and will get it, but so far this looks like seeing two trains 5 miles away that are on the same tracks speeding towards a head on collision.

Right now there is no one in this conference even remotely worried about UW football. We now no why the rumblings from SC about how bad it was going to turn out with Lake at the helm were true, and from a recruiting standpoint other coaching staffs are laughing at going up against the staff we have.

Cool story bro
    Sorry you don't like the message, I'm just a messenger.

For $10.95 a month there's a place you can talk with more like minded fans. Purple Colored Glasses Provided.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    Founders Club
    I try...I really do. I try to give a fuck about what's going on in the UW program right now. I want to be excited, but for fucks sake, how many times do we gotta do this ride? I'm fine hearing no news out of Graves Hall right now. I don't want hype videos, helmet carts, or Run The Damn Ball hats. I want wins.

We should make a deal with DeBoner. We'll leave them alone until Week 6 – no pressure, no media spotlight, no questions. In exchange, he delivers three wins in the first five weeks.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TXDawg said:

I try...I really do. I try to give a fuck about what's going on in the UW program right now. I want to be excited, but for fucks sake, how many times do we gotta do this ride? I'm fine hearing no news out of Graves Hall right now. I don't want hype videos, helmet carts, or Run The Damn Ball hats. I want wins.

We should make a deal with DeBoner. We'll leave them alone until Week 6 – no pressure, no media spotlight, no questions. In exchange, he delivers five wins in the first five weeks.

Ftfy
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TXDawg said:

We should make a deal with DeBoner. We'll leave them alone until Week 6 – no pressure, no media spotlight, no questions. In exchange, he delivers three wins in the first five weeks.

Imagine trying to follow the UW program while working around a bunch of TAMU cult members jerking off about their #1 ranked recruiting class, NIL organization, and no longer being the little hick brother to UT.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Our NIL program sounds like we are bringing pebbles to a bazooka fight, and in the first month Kalen's biggest win is bringing Morgan over from Michigan (some would call him a meet and greeter, others would say he's a fluffer) who will be here 2-3 years tops, and getting Oregon to give us 500k to take Adams away, but in the process we are going to lose the "strength" (lol lol) of the team w/ Bynum gone, Germaine bolting, and 50/50 at best that Macmillian and Rome stay.

Obviously he deserves a chance and will get it, but so far this looks like seeing two trains 5 miles away that are on the same tracks speeding towards a head on collision.

Right now there is no one in this conference even remotely worried about UW football. We now no why the rumblings from SC about how bad it was going to turn out with Lake at the helm were true, and from a recruiting standpoint other coaching staffs are laughing at going up against the staff we have.

The one thing I see as a positive is that he has won everywhere he has been. So hopefully he can establish a great culture. Beyond that, I've got nothin.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

godawgst said:

The one thing I see as a positive is that he has won everywhere he has been. So hopefully he can establish a great culture. Beyond that, I've got nothin.
    Yeah, this is my hope. This entire thing is going down very Petersen-ish
    -having the rep of a guy who has been successful everywhere he has been
    -bringing in your long-time staff
    -putting your foot down on the toxic culture

Reading quite a few things online, it's pretty clear that Jimmy and alcoholic Sark had a lot in common in how they ran the program. It's definitely going to be a rebuild.

The good thing is that the Pac north is an absolute shit show so if Kalen can implement a decent offensive system, he has a chance to get things going
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,583
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Cool story bro

For $10.95 a month there's a place you can talk with more like minded fans. Purple Colored Glasses Provided.
    When it comes to UW you don't know what you're talking about, ever. That's the message.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    jecornel said:

I hate Nike but adidas is trash. Uniforms and swag matter.

If you want swag you get fucking Jordan. Not Nike or adidas. You elitist whites don’t get it!!

• Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344

theLSkid said:

jecornel said:

If you aren't selling NIL and Nike you are dead in the water. Education and the greatest setting doesn't mean shit. You need to pump social media with quality content. I could make better marketing content video cube. (video cube is 20 years old)

this program lives in the shitter.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Nike outside of Portland and Seattle. Not even the LA kids.
    While Nike is the most valuable apparel brand in the world, the most popular with teenagers, the most popular with athletes, and the holy grail of endorsement deals for pros - I see no reason why teenage football players would at all be impressed by that.

Recruiting tool: Okay, Jalil, Jahlil, Jaleel, and Jayleel, our next stop is this flying spaceship potato chip looking building that will be your practice field. It’s cost is a number you can’t comprehend, the toilets wipe your ass and compliment your turds while doing a test on nutritional needs, the floors are marble taken from a poor country’s oldest cathedral, all the leather is from an animal that is now extinct. It wasn’t even endangered before, but they had it hunted to extinction for exclusivity. It was donated by Nike’s Phil Knight, who will sometimes ogle you in the locker room. But it’s okay, because I’ll show you the locker rooms later, and each one has an ATM that dispenses NIL money based on your performance, and there’s a new cocaine fountain that’s being installed as we speak. Feel free to grab a handful. Ah, who do I see there? It’s our defensive coordinator, Tosh Lupoi! And who’s that playing the unreleased-to-the-public PlayStation Six with him? Why that’s 15 time NBA All-Star and Nike endorser Lebron James. You stay away from that fountain Bron!
    I’m 25 and you’re telling me what the kids want. Newsflash, those “fast strategy” kids in LA, want FUCKING JORDANS.
    Whitey!
    Also, Nike deals are dogshit unless you’re a top 10 dude for the brand at the professional level, you usually get 2,500 and some gear. Look it up, most athletes sign with different companies unless they’re stars.

Sounds like u wanna stroke phil knight when a real fan would want phil knight to have one
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Cool story bro

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Petersen had things going from day 1. The guy came in and flipped Budda Baker at midnight from going to Oregon, which probably solidified his playoff appearance. There were constant pictures being posted of him with the local HS coaches creating relationships. It had me really excited for the future of UW football.

Still in LIPO mode with Deboer because if he wins I don't really fucking care how he does it but so far this shit has been boring as fuck. Maybe it has more to do with our incompetent AD who knows but the honeymoon period was over within like a week after all the potential Haener and Donte rumblings.

As much resentment as some people here have about Pete he understood what he had to do day 1 and got to work.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

TXDawg said:

Imagine trying to follow the UW program while working around a bunch of TAMU cult members jerking off about their #1 ranked recruiting class, NIL organization, and no longer being the little hick brother to UT.
    I do enjoy their annual meltdown.
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 153
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I'll wait and see but then what the fuck else can I do...