Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WTF is Kalen DeBoer doing right now?

Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited January 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Legitimately feels like we had more positive momentum during the first month of the Gilbertson-Willingham transition 17 years ago.

Anything out there so far that indicates UW has hired the right guy for the this new era of CFB?

Comments

• Options
    AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Hopefully changing the culture from the top down

Agree. It's not the kind of thing that lends itself to headlines and hype.

/doog off
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    So far:

1. Brings along his staff full of mid-majorish assistant coaches

2. Multiple projected starters and No. 1 signee jumping ship

3. UW's NIL "plan" is en epic fail

4. Already talk of lowering expectations to 4 or (if we're lucky) 5 wins next season
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Alpo said:

Agree. It's not the kind of thing that lends itself to headlines and hype.

/doog off
    I hope so but I'm not seeing much
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    From what I’ve heard (with a grain of salt), they’re focusing on getting early-ish offers to ‘23 guys and ‘24 guys. Some dudes on the old staff who were transitioning were setting up visit for January but they’ve seemed to have haulted, maybe The Homie Omi got to them… but who knows.
    I’m disappointed until I’m not.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Could start modernizing the culture by tacitly encouraging boosters to pay players and recruits, raiding the rosters of Top 25 programs and hiring at least one assistant who's coached in a bowl game played after Christmas.

This is really starting to look (and smell) like we've brought in a bunch of try-hards.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,646
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

From what I’ve heard (with a grain of salt), they’re focusing on getting early-ish offers to ‘23 guys and ‘24 guys. Some dudes on the old staff who were transitioning were setting up visit for January but they’ve seemed to have haulted, maybe The Homie Omi got to them… but who knows.

I’ve really enjoyed legit 20 years now of Doogman saying the staff is focusing on future classes of recruits instead of the ones that you know can sign now and you know play next year especially since the entire roster is going to transfer instead of play for a bunch of Mountain West dudes.

I at least though Haener and Cropper were low hanging fruit to get some momentum going here but couldn’t even get that.

Someone said Dempsey alone put $5 million into NIL but maybe that was bullshit and/or doesn’t mean shot when there’s rumors A&M boosters are spending $25-30 million on one class and Georgia is offering Caleb Williams $2 million
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Legitimately feels like we had more positive momentum during the first month of the Gilbertson-Willingham transition 17 years ago.

Anything out there so far that indicates UW has hired the right guy for the this new era of CFB?

Examples?

Hell, how about one example?
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    At least he announced his OC sooner than Lake did. Otherwise, the lack of anything is about the same.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    It’s definitely been entertaining in a bad way so far. We could have hired a high level oc or dc with good connections and increased the coaching pool money and really rolled out a coherent exciting nil program like brand x. We chose to hire a coach who is a known solid coach and he brought along his trusted staff and the hire was done just prior to early signing day.
    Isn’t the stuff happening now expected? I’m giving the new guys a year before I meltdown.
    Fucking Jen.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

If you aren't selling NIL and Nike you are dead in the water. Education and the greatest setting doesn't mean shit. You need to pump social media with quality content. I could make better marketing content video cube. (video cube is 20 years old)

this program lives in the shitter.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Nike outside of Portland and Seattle. Not even the LA kids.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Rumors floating on discord that DeBoer may be implementing more drug testing and has a hard no drug/swearing policy in the building which is leading to more attrition than expected.

Back to Tryone’s version of Say Who?
  • Options

Rumors floating on discord that DeBoer may be implementing more drug testing and has a hard no drug/swearing policy in the building which is leading to more attrition than expected.

This is so common but you can make it out to make DeBoner look bad if you wanna!!

Every college coach does this when they come into a program. Happened to me at my 4 year school, luckily I wasn’t into the ganj like I am now.

You drug test all winter conditioning, if they fail, they’re cut and you have a reason to do so without feeling bad or parents complaining on social media.
    By spring ball the boys will be back on the green, in both regards.
    Watch the portal in the next few weeks if this is true, I’ll also point out that everyone can get around these tests, usually ATs and GAs will let the important players know before hand.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

OKG
  • Options

theLSkid said:

I’ve really enjoyed legit 20 years now of Doogman saying the staff is focusing on future classes of recruits instead of the ones that you know can sign now and you know play next year especially since the entire roster is going to transfer instead of play for a bunch of Mountain West dudes.

I at least though Haener and Cropper were low hanging fruit to get some momentum going here but couldn’t even get that.

Someone said Dempsey alone put $5 million into NIL but maybe that was bullshit and/or doesn’t mean shot when there’s rumors A&M boosters are spending $25-30 million on one class and Georgia is offering Caleb Williams $2 million
    I found this place before I even saw Dawgman, weird, I know.
    My stuff comes from a person I know who is somewhat apart the program, not a booster, I’m a pour.

It is dead period right now and the ‘22 guys will not be scholly guys so I slightly pump the brakes on the recruiting ‘22s, Jimmy fucked our program better than Johnny Sins when it comes to recruiting