Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Soccer Mom SUV Thread

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I'm bashing iWatches and any women who wear them.

Hot or not, they have no taste or sense.

The one time I will agree with @TurdBomber on watches.
    Apple watches are so terrible. I mean fuck it just kill yourself instead.
    That’s what I tell my wife, while her Rolex languishes in the safe.
    Had the same convo with my wife 2 days ago. "I lost track of time because my phone was in my purse," while 2 beautiful watches I bought her a few years back languish in her top drawer. My wife has beautiful hands, wrists and arms (great tennis player), and a classy timepiece is the perfect compliment. I don't get this Dick Tracy wrist TV horse shit. So nerdy and tacky. Fucking Gross.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    Yella's first ever SUV and first vehicle owned. I used to 4 x 4 the shit out of it. Broke the 4wd actuator after 6 months of ownership. Was driving down some pretty rough terrain in Southwest Colorado to do some rock climbing.

I used to be a Chvey man, till the Japs got their hook in me.

• Options
    Swaye said:

With any luck, she'll first kill the douchey techbro boyfriend/husband who bought the fucking thing for her birthday. Then herself.

2 isn't calling for geno, Stalin. It's merely a doubling, not a mass event.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

With any luck, she'll first kill the douchey techbro boyfriend/husband who bought the fucking thing for her birthday. Then herself.

So the funny thing is @TurdBomber, with all the pressure of White Wakanda keeping up with the Jones, the Rolex languishes away. Spendy remodel - check. $75K SUV - check. But no Rolex. Go figure.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

So the funny thing is @TurdBomber, with all the pressure of White Wakanda keeping up with the Jones, the Rolex languishes away. Spendy remodel - check. $75K SUV - check. But no Rolex. Go figure.
    Sounds like her watch can be pawned and turned in to that Omega Seamaster Heritage.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Hang onto it. She'll go through a vintage stage again, along with her WW Jonesies. Difference is her friends will be paying 15-20k for a Rolex in a few years, while she just walks to the safe. Be patient. Be smart. Everything comes back in style, today at an accelerated pace.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Friends I’ve known say land rovers are just plain fucked up engineering. Things like to replace a tire you have to disconnect the taillights and catalytic converter. Look bad ass and better off road than a jeep, but they break easily.

Another friend owned a porche and changing the spark plugs was like 1500 bucks. Had to lower the engine to get to them so some stupid shit.

Two points of contention. I do not think a Land Rover is better off road than a Jeep. A Rubicon is still the most capable off road machine per dollar spent you can buy. And is just straight up better than a Defender. And anything else besides a Defender (in the Land Rover catalogue fix for @YellowSnow ) is a mall crawler not an off road machine. Live axles will always beat IFS. Rubicons are geared MUCH better and have much better articulation. Approach and departure angles are a wash. Nothing beats a Rubicon off road for anywhere near the same money. I've rock crawled my entire life and seen everything there is on the trails. 30 years ago yes Defenders and FJs were as good or better. Not now.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-land-rover-defender-vs-2019-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/

Second. There will be no shit talk of Porsche, even if it's true. And to be fair I think Porsche maintenance costs are in line with their overall cost. Sure they are quite a bit higher than Toyota, but these are 150-200K cars, not 30K Camry's. Talk to Ferrari guys about absurd maintenance costs. Want true insanity? Buy a Bugatti Veyron. 21K for an oil change.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/watch-how-the-21-000-27-hour-oil-change-is-done-on-a-bugatti-veyron-ar181881.html
    Counterpoint. US Land Rovers are hot garbage. In part because of all the red tape around selling cars in the US market. Also, because in the US the brand is for people who want the appearance of being rugged without actually going off road. All hat no cattle.

Overseas Land Rovers? Fucking bullet proof off road tanks you can fix with bubble gum and a hammer.

Spent A LOT of time off roading in South Africa and Land Rovers were the gold standard bar none and gave me a lot of respect for why they have that reputation.

Nothing like taking a Rover deep into the bush(lulz) and sleeping under the open stars while listening to the Lions and Hyenas battle it out over who gets to eat your face in the dark.
    To be fair I never drove Land Rovers overseas. I blew them up.
    I always took @PurpleBaze for a hi-lux kind of guy.

Quit plagiarism @GrundleStiltzkin's shit, fucko.

CSB: I saw a Hilux in San Diego a few years ago when I was walking along the waterfront. Took a few minutes to check it out.

Since you bastards keep dragging me into this discussion, I'll contribute a bit. I drive a 2016 Highlander Limited, which I bought brand new. @creepycoug may find it boring, but I really do enjoy driving it. Also, I think the interior is nice. It also does well in snow. The one knock on it is the entertainment/navigation suite. They went cheap with the display and the user interface. It's a little clunky.

I wasn't looking for an exciting ride when I bought the Highlander. I wanted a practical, reliable ride. If I want excitement on the road, I hop on my Ducati.
    Fair enough. Also, HP leaves a little to be desired. The MDX has much better torque for when I want to jump in front of somebody at a red light in retaliation for some offense he/she committed 18 blocks back. Yeah, I'm that guy. "Fuck you! Now I'm going to get ahead of you and jump in your lane! Take that!! I need to grow up ... in so many ways.

The other complain I have about the Highlander is that the fit and finish isn't that great. If you look the wrong way at any of the plastic or faux metal trim, or the exterior paint, it will scratch.

I had a love/hate relationship with my 3 series coupe. Hated the mechanic bills and lack of reliability, loved the way it drove and, for the relevant part, the fit and finish on that thing was @Ballz. I mean you had to try and scratch it. They just use superior materials at least for the interior and it shows.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Couple more things to add to my Highlander chronicles. The factory windshield was shit. I got a rock chip a month or so after I got it. Had it patched up. Ended up getting another rock chip several months later and that one started to spider. Took it to a glass shop and had it swapped out for a different (better) brand. Glass shop guy said that most car manufacturers are doing shit like this just to keep production cost down. Imagine that - fucking bean counters at work. The aftermarket windshield has been Pat Hill TUFF! Oh, and insurance covered the cost.

I also had the front end of the car coated with Scotchgard Paint Protection Film, including the fenders. I think that cost me $1500 five years ago. Don't want to know how much it costs now. Of course they offered to do the whole car, which would have been $4500. I ended up with a dent on the front of the hood some time after. The protective film is intact, but the paint in the dented area got discolored. Haven't looked into the reason behind it. Figured it was whatever protective coating was sprayed before the car went into the factory paint shop.

#csb
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Friends I’ve known say land rovers are just plain fucked up engineering. Things like to replace a tire you have to disconnect the taillights and catalytic converter. Look bad ass and better off road than a jeep, but they break easily.

Another friend owned a porche and changing the spark plugs was like 1500 bucks. Had to lower the engine to get to them so some stupid shit.

Two points of contention. I do not think a Land Rover is better off road than a Jeep. A Rubicon is still the most capable off road machine per dollar spent you can buy. And is just straight up better than a Defender. And anything else besides a Defender is a mall crawler not an off road machine. Live axles will always beat IFS. Rubicons are geared MUCH better and have much better articulation. Approach and departure angles are a wash. Nothing beats a Rubicon off road for anywhere near the same money. I've rock crawled my entire life and seen everything there is on the trails. 30 years ago yes Defenders and FJs were as good or better. Not now.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-land-rover-defender-vs-2019-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/

Second. There will be no shit talk of Porsche, even if it's true. And to be fair I think Porsche maintenance costs are in line with their overall cost. Sure they are quite a bit higher than Toyota, but these are 150-200K cars, not 30K Camry's. Talk to Ferrari guys about absurd maintenance costs. Want true insanity? Buy a Bugatti Veyron. 21K for an oil change.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/watch-how-the-21-000-27-hour-oil-change-is-done-on-a-bugatti-veyron-ar181881.html
    Weird soft target hit point to me.

Porsches also feel like I’m in an episode of knight rider from 1987. In fact I was stunned by how…cheap the interior felt. I kept thinking this is really a Golf with a boob job.

If you're bashing golf and boob jobs, I'm out.

This thread delivers.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Two points of contention. I do not think a Land Rover is better off road than a Jeep. A Rubicon is still the most capable off road machine per dollar spent you can buy. And is just straight up better than a Defender. And anything else besides a Defender is a mall crawler not an off road machine. Live axles will always beat IFS. Rubicons are geared MUCH better and have much better articulation. Approach and departure angles are a wash. Nothing beats a Rubicon off road for anywhere near the same money. I've rock crawled my entire life and seen everything there is on the trails. 30 years ago yes Defenders and FJs were as good or better. Not now.

Porsches also feel like I’m in an episode of knight rider from 1987. In fact I was stunned by how…cheap the interior felt. I kept thinking this is really a Golf with a boob job.

If by “bash” you mean I’ve railed tight, sweaty pussy and came on fake tits on a golf course, it’s about a once a year occurrence.

The above pic is two of the stars on golfoholics, a you tube channel. Can watch it all day long. A good looking woman who can play golf is a wonder to behold.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

If by “bash” you mean I’ve railed tight, sweaty pussy and came on fake tits on a golf course, it’s about a once a year occurrence.

The above pic is two of the stars on golfoholics, a you tube channel. Can watch it all day long. A good looking woman who can play golf is a wonder to behold.
    I play quite a bit of golf and have a rollercoaster game. When it's on I'm a mid-low cap. When it's off I'll spend hours watching Paige Spiranac and other chick practice videos to get me smoothed back out. Golf instruction is not only free it can also be erotic.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Swaye said:

I play quite a bit of golf and have a rollercoaster game. When it's on I'm a mid-low cap. When it's off I'll spend hours watching Paige Spiranac and other chick practice videos to get me smoothed back out. Golf instruction is not only free it can also be erotic.
    We? have a fat lesbo pro at our cuntry club. Thinking of taking a lesson next year.
    Fat lesbo can be erotic too. Sometimes they have smoking hot GFs. If they dontvyij can still imagine that they do.

Every practice drill I pulled off of YouTube this year cost me multiple rounds where I struggled with whatever bad habit the drill created. Thats the risk of being self taught and why I failed in my mission to join the senior tour when I turned 50. I regularly lose ground via I'll advised or poorly implemented changes.

All kidding aside though, I've had by far the best success with swing tip videos by Paige (we're pretty tight now so I use her first name) or other lady pros. I think I pay closet attention and rewatch more times when there are tits, bare legs and short skirts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

LebamDawg said:

Last one we had was aa 2010RX and the one before that was a 2004GX470 black w/black interior - easier to look on line than to find my pictures of it

best vehicle I have ever owned, roomy, decent mpg (22), power, good stereo was the fancy one that I can't remember the name of.
    The RX350 got worse gas mileage if you can believe it but was great for the Mrs to cruise around in. Me, I drove my farm truck F-250

I want one of these as a beater for Tahoe so badly. Love the look, still hold value too.
    This would be a great choice.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s so fucking cold in White Wakanda it’s like driving in Utah or Colorado snow. No temp changes to thaw and refreeze as ice. Don’t even need snow tires for this powder snow.