Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Soccer Mom SUV Thread

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

My favorite thread I ever started.

TYFYS
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You couldn't pay me to drive a Toyota. They have all the excitement of a dishwasher.

Actually, if they made a dishwasher I'd probably buy that from them.

Excitement isn’t a criteria for me.

Audi, BMW, Acura, etc doesn’t make the type of vehicle I need.

The closest thing would be a Chevy Z71 Tahoe. Is than a exciting vehicle? I don’t think it’s better made than a Toyota.
    I get having one Toyota for what you're describing, but two? I just have never had brand loyalty when it comes to anything.
    Ok @BleachedAnusDawg you got me on that point, and now I have to do a self indulgent, @Tequilla long, didn't read, shit post with FREE PUB for all.

So when we moved to White Wakanda, Mrs Snow had a 2016 Acura MDX which was a great vehicle. Great power, speed and handling for a mid-size cross over and definitely not long in the tooth. But if you wanna be a proper family of 4 here you need a REAL Canyonero for hauling 2 adults and 4 kids to B-day parties, the lake, skiing, etc, etc. The MDX had a 3rd row seat, but was just way too tight for 6 or 7 people, and it sucked ass going down rough USFS roads to the lakes and what not.

Enter the 2022 TRD Pro Sequoia which @creepycoug talked me into. Yes, they have an outdated motor and interior compared to the comp set, but they are Zombie apocalypse proof @PurpleBaze approved. I just don't trust Chevy and Ford based on previous bad experiences.

But the challenge now is we have two 4 Runners sitting in the garage- i.e., my 2006 SR5 and the Sequoia which is an oversized 4 Runner basically. The '06 4 Runner has ridiculously low miles on it and is in great shape and it's hard to let something that was paid for long ago go. It's basically the spare vehicle that doesn't get drive much.

At some point though, Mrs Snow's vehicle vanity will get out of control and we'll ditch the 4 Runner. And she's not Toyota person due to the lack of "excitement". So we're probably looking at something like an Audi Q4 wagon or Q5 Crossover. Plenty of douchey excitement factor. @Swaye keeps grinding on me to look at Porsche Macaan or Cayan which are the official rich MILF cars of Bend, but I'm worried about leg room. I'm not a midget injun after all who can fit in a small cock (lulz) pit.

In short you’re right we don’t need 2 Toyotas. It’s redundant.
    The Sequoia is a good rig for what you're using it for, for sure. I forgot that you tall fuckers can't fit in most of the fun cars, but there are a bunch of "SUV's" with big horsepower these days.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

You couldn't pay me to drive a Toyota. They have all the excitement of a dishwasher.

The closest thing would be a Chevy Z71 Tahoe. Is than a exciting vehicle? I don’t think it’s better made than a Toyota.
    I get having one Toyota for what you're describing, but two? I just have never had brand loyalty when it comes to anything.
    Ok @BleachedAnusDawg you got me on that point, and now I have to do a self indulgent, @Tequilla long, didn't read, shit post with FREE PUB for all.

So when we moved to White Wakanda, Mrs Snow had a 2016 Acura MDX which was a great vehicle. Great power, speed and handling for a mid-size cross over and definitely not long in the tooth. But if you wanna be a proper family of 4 here you need a REAL Canyonero for hauling 2 adults and 4 kids to B-day parties, the lake, skiing, etc, etc. The MDX had a 3rd row seat, but was just way too tight for 6 or 7 people, and it sucked ass going down rough USFS roads to the lakes and what not.

Enter the 2022 TRD Pro Sequoia which @creepycoug talked me into. Yes, they have an outdated motor and interior compared to the comp set, but they are Zombie apocalypse proof @PurpleBaze approved. I just don't trust Chevy and Ford based on previous bad experiences.

But the challenge now is we have two 4 Runners sitting in the garage- i.e., my 2006 SR5 and the Sequoia which is an oversized 4 Runner basically. The '06 4 Runner has ridiculously low miles on it and is in great shape and it's hard to let something that was paid for long ago go. It's basically the spare vehicle that doesn't get drive much.

At some point though, Mrs Snow's vehicle vanity will get out of control and we'll ditch the 4 Runner. And she's not Toyota person due to the lack of "excitement". So we're probably looking at something like an Audi Q4 wagon or Q5 Crossover. Plenty of douchey excitement factor. @Swaye keeps grinding on me to look at Porsche Macaan or Cayan which are the official rich MILF cars of Bend, but I'm worried about leg room. I'm not a midget injun after all who can fit in a small cock (lulz) pit.

The Sequoia is a good rig for what you're using it for, for sure. I forgot that you tall fuckers can't fit in most of the fun cars, but there are a bunch of "SUV's" with big horsepower these days.
    I can actually fit better in an Audi Q5 or BMW X3 which I think are both "fun" cars. More headroom and leg room for the driver than a Sequoia, but there's no fucking room for anything else in 'em.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I can actually fit better in an Audi Q5 or BMW X3 which I think are both "fun" cars. More headroom and leg room for the driver than a Sequoia, but there's no fucking room for anything else in 'em.
    A buddy of mine bought a new X3M. That would be a fun car, for sure.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fishpo31, life-long lesbian, not afraid of burning in hell…
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Soccer mom's largely don't drive minivans. They're the most practical vehicle for a family, and also completely dorky. Tried to convince my beard to get one and she will not be caught dead driving one.

I know, I was kidding. And I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a brother and at least four friends who REALLY want one. In every case, it's the wife putting the foot down. Marketing has convinced them that they'll immediately become less sexually attractive and independent if they get behind the wheel of a minivan.

The reality that escapes them is that they already got less sexually attractive and independent when they had kids and got fat, so they might as well drive something that makes their lives easier...
    So I live in the Mercedes Sprinter Van capital of the free world. What did they do to make those cool? I feel like the mini van could be made to be cool, but they are just generic looking blob of steel at the moment except for VW.
    The Kia minivan is actually ok looking.

Sprinter vans are great for contractors. Not sure about as a daily-driver. I think they're pretty spartan inside.
    My cousin and her husband put their $4,000 mt. bikes in theirs and drive all around the west
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Little Piss 2.0 goes to a private school, pre-k program with lots of affluent parents (public kindergarten next year cause we're pour). There's a few dad's that drop off in 911's. They probably have white dial Daytonas.

I want a fun car, damn it!
    Yeah, Doog_bot v2.0 and 3.0 go to a nice OC private school and most of the parents are driving newer Tesla, Porsche, but also quite a few Lexus/Toyotas.

The wife has the high end version of the Toyota Highlander and officially has made the transition to upper-middle class OC mom from trashy NJ transplant.

Meanwhile, I'm still driving my 02 Dodge Dakota. It keeps breaking but I keep being able to fix it myself for so cheap it's hard to be motivated to spend $60k+ on a new truck that I won't even be able to change the oil on without hacking the on-board computer for the reset.

I think my plan at this point is to wait until a solid recession from rising interest rates and then pickup something like a 2014 Tacoma with low miles where it's not quite so old but I can still work on it myself.

Here's some pics to keep the thread on track.

TYFYS

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023

Little Piss 2.0 goes to a private school, pre-k program with lots of affluent parents (public kindergarten next year cause we're pour). There's a few dad's that drop off in 911's. They probably have white dial Daytonas.

Meanwhile, I'm still driving my 02 Dodge Dakota. It keeps breaking but I keep being able to fix it myself for so cheap it's hard to be motivated to spend $60k+ on a new truck that I won't even be able to change the oil on without hacking the on-board computer for the reset.

My old Dakota rarely gets driven since I have a newer Ram 1500 and drive a girly VW TDI commuter to work, but I'll never let it go. The Ram gets about 2x better mpg, along with a ton more HP and torque, and is a better ride by a mile but it's just a tool. The Dakota is like a faithful old dog with three legs that you have to wear a glove to pet and can't come in the house but you still somehow love it.

About the only things that work properly anymore are the motor and transfer case.
    Doesn't matter. Its a tough old manure, dirt/gravel, and garbage hauling beast. I expect to die before it does, and it will be my son's problem to get rid of or tolerate it junking up his driveway.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, Doog_bot v2.0 and 3.0 go to a nice OC private school and most of the parents are driving newer Tesla, Porsche, but also quite a few Lexus/Toyotas.

The wife has the high end version of the Toyota Highlander and officially has made the transition to upper-middle class OC mom from trashy NJ transplant.

I think my plan at this point is to wait until a solid recession from rising interest rates and then pickup something like a 2014 Tacoma with low miles where it's not quite so old but I can still work on it myself.

I know that piece of shit truck!! You just need to take it to Mako.

I can't wait to get the fuck outta private school @UW_Doog_Bot and get a pay raise.

White Wakanda has some pretty good public schools, which is what high RE prices should get ya.
    Currently overhauling the transmission. Might consider paint after that. Working in the world that I do the grunts on the ground appreciate what it says about me that I have a truck like that and not something shiny and new with no dirt on it.

We'll never go back to public. Without getting super tuggy about it my kids are 1-2 years ahead instead of 2 years behind like the public schools are averaging after covid. Plus, with the costs of after school, all the public school holidays, summer camp, etc. The price difference is negligible. I guess I could afford a truck payment if they didn't go to private with the difference but then I wouldn't get to talk with Mrs. Doog_bot about which of the private school trophy mom's we'd sodomize together.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Few experiences in life are more fulfilling than working on your own vehicle. No scheduling appointments, nothing gets fucked up even worse, and no giant repair bills or monthly payments. Gas & Insurance, that's it.

We ran up huge CC bills on the cars when the kids were young and transported everywhere. When the local Quickie Lube said we needed a new oil pan because the plug was stripped, I blew my lid and showed the fucker the receipts from the last 13 oil changes at their place. Fucking clowns. I once witnessed the idiot in the pit using an air ratchet to re-insert an oil plug.

Gee, I wonder how my oil pan got stripped and who might've stripped it?

Done most of my own work ever since, with a little help from YouTube. Got a nice garage with my trusty old Craftsman Roll-Away parked in the corner that keeps me sane and eliminates repair bills, which were never, not once, under $500.00.

Today that money goes toward beer, cigars, and steaks.

And fuck Jiffy Lube.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Public vs. Private usually is so dependent on the local district. The Seattle school district as many administratorsFS who really amped up wokeness even before Covid.

I am a believer in Charter Schools as a happy medium, especially for parents who are dealing with the inflation of everything and still trying to save for retirement so they don't drop dead on the job or end up giving handies on aurora with their pruned hands in their 80's.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Few experiences in life are more fulfilling than working on your own vehicle. No scheduling appointments, nothing gets fucked up even worse, and no giant repair bills or monthly payments. Gas & Insurance, that's it.

We ran up huge CC bills on the cars when the kids were young and transported everywhere. When the local Quickie Lube said we needed a new oil pan because the plug was stripped, I blew my lid and showed the fucker the receipts from the last 13 oil changes at their place. Fucking clowns. I once witnessed the idiot in the pit using an air ratchet to re-insert an oil plug.

Gee, I wonder how my oil pan got stripped and who might've stripped it?

Done most of my own work ever since, with a little help from YouTube. Got a nice garage with my trusty old Craftsman Roll-Away parked in the corner that keeps me sane and eliminates repair bills, which were never, not once, under $500.00.

Today that money goes toward beer, cigars, and steaks.

And fuck Jiffy Lube.
    I have been to a Jiffy Lube in 20 years. I don’t trust those meth heads.

Oil changes at a dealer just don’t cost that much to make Jiffy Lube worth it.

I’ve changed my own a few times, but I don’t rack up enough miles to make it worth it. Our fam drives like 6000 miles a year total between 2 cars. No commute and the kids can walk to school (through 2 feet of snow )
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can't wait to get the fuck outta private school @UW_Doog_Bot and get a pay raise.

White Wakanda has some pretty good public schools, which is what high RE prices should get ya.
    Currently overhauling the transmission. Might consider paint after that. Working in the world that I do the grunts on the ground appreciate what it says about me that I have a truck like that and not something shiny and new with no dirt on it.

We'll never go back to public. Without getting super tuggy about it my kids are 1-2 years ahead instead of 2 years behind like the public schools are averaging after covid. Plus, with the costs of after school, all the public school holidays, summer camp, etc. The price difference is negligible. I guess I could afford a truck payment if they didn't go to private with the difference but then I wouldn't get to talk with Mrs. Doog_bot about which of the private school trophy mom's we'd sodomize together.

Not to get super tuggy, but yeah a public school can’t be good if it’s not fucking open in the first place. I mean we had to go private for 1st grade. But 2nd and 3rd grade public have gone great and we’re reading like 2 grades ahead now.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer here. But if the public option is really good (ours is) I’d rather take that tuition and put it in the Pump my Gas Duck college fund. Plus I’m cheap AF and hate the idea of paying twice for schooling.

But if things aren’t going well, we can always revert back to private.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Not to get super tuggy, but yeah a public school can’t be good if it’s not fucking open in the first place. I mean we had to go private for 1st grade. But 2nd and 3rd grade public have gone great and we’re reading like 2 grades ahead now.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer here. But if the public option is really good (ours is) I’d rather take that tuition and put it in the Pump my Gas Duck college fund. Plus I’m cheap AF and hate the idea of paying twice for schooling.

But if things aren’t going well, we can always revert back to private.
    What do you think about charter schools and do you like the concept of voucher schools? The average homeowner in Seattle pays about $10k a year and being forced into the local school without any choice seems very antiquated.