Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ST comments do not have a downvote option anymore?

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

Seattle vs. Portland is pretty much:

Disagree, the northwest is the best region of the USA to live in.
    Jesus. Stop. Embarrassing shit.
    alright Michael, tell me where a better place to live is? Washington, Alaska, Montana, Oregon, parts of Idaho.....you can't beat it for nature and livability. Florida, AZ, NM, Cali, and Hawaii are all nice, but have flaws, as does the PNW..

the NorthEast is alright, I miss the mountains when I'm there though. too flat. Chicago has nice parts and bad parts. The eastern seaboard is miserable compared to the western seaboard. Texas sucks.

I can't comment on the south as I've never been there, but I'd imagine it isn't better than here

This. Exactly, word for word. Most of the other states outside the PNW have shitty weather. Frozen ass winters. No fall or spring. And FUCKING MISERABLE, stifling, humid, disgusting fucking heat for 4 months out of the year with all kinds of pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.
    Frozen winters > 9 months of rain
    todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/seattle-doesnt-get-that-much-rain/

Today I Found Out that Seattle doesn’t really get that much rain compared to most U.S. cities. In fact, Seattle ranks 44th among major U.S. cities in average annual rainfall, getting approximately 38 inches annually. Cities that get more rainfall than Seattle include such as Houston Texas (48 inches), New Orleans (60 inches), Mobile AL (65 inches), Memphis (52 inches), Nashville (48 inches), and pretty much every major city on the eastern seaboard, such as New York (43 inches), Philadelphia (41 inches), Miami (58 inches), and Boston (44 inches).
    So why does everyone not from Seattle think to go outside in Seattle without an umbrella is tantamount to committing suicide? Partially because of the entertainment industry producing things like Sleepless in Seattle, Frasier, and the like which portray it as such. (Along with always showing a Seattle skyline where somehow the space needle is by far the tallest thing in Seattle. Even though the Space Needle is actually about average in height compared to the 25 or so skyscrapers in Seattle; coming in at about 600 feet including the needle. With Seattle possessing quite a few skyscrapers around the same height and 6 skyscrapers taller than it; including the Columbia Center at 937 feet, which has more floors, 76, than any building in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River and is the 20th tallest building in the United States).

But the primary root of this rainy misconception really lies in that Seattle has a relatively high amount of days per year with precipitation (158), compared to such places as New York (119), Boston (127), and Nashville (119). All cities that get an average of about 16% more rain per year than Seattle, but also average between them about 36 less days a year of precipitation. So it rains a lot less in Seattle, but is spread out over about a month more of days than those cities. This is why almost no native Seattle-ite carries an umbrella generally. When it does rain, it tends to be a very light drizzle that isn’t bothersome. It almost never really “rains” as most people from places like Alabama, Boston, or the like think of rain. On top of that, it never really storms in Seattle either. Seattle gets an average of a mere seven days a year where thunder is heard, for instance.

Today, you found out. Courtesy of google.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

All the grunge bands are solid but I can't listen for more than a few songs at a time. I would rather listen to Tool.

Tool is good too. It's too bad 95% of the new rock bands suck. Not to mention, rock isn't considered cool anymore so kids won't grow up wanting to be rock stars. They would rather press buttons and fist pump.
    Fuck Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Nickelback for killing rock.
    Why do you hate Creed? As scary as it is, there is worse shit currently getting played on rock stations than those groups.
    Scott Stapp gave us this awesome, so I can't hate Creed like the others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJY_Ud_CWk

The fuck is a rock station? #FuckPortland

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

alright Michael, tell me where a better place to live is? Washington, Alaska, Montana, Oregon, parts of Idaho.....you can't beat it for nature and livability. Florida, AZ, NM, Cali, and Hawaii are all nice, but have flaws, as does the PNW..

the NorthEast is alright, I miss the mountains when I'm there though. too flat. Chicago has nice parts and bad parts. The eastern seaboard is miserable compared to the western seaboard. Texas sucks.

I can't comment on the south as I've never been there, but I'd imagine it isn't better than here

This. Exactly, word for word. Most of the other states outside the PNW have shitty weather. Frozen ass winters. No fall or spring. And FUCKING MISERABLE, stifling, humid, disgusting fucking heat for 4 months out of the year with all kinds of pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.

Today I Found Out that Seattle doesn’t really get that much rain compared to most U.S. cities. In fact, Seattle ranks 44th among major U.S. cities in average annual rainfall, getting approximately 38 inches annually. Cities that get more rainfall than Seattle include such as Houston Texas (48 inches), New Orleans (60 inches), Mobile AL (65 inches), Memphis (52 inches), Nashville (48 inches), and pretty much every major city on the eastern seaboard, such as New York (43 inches), Philadelphia (41 inches), Miami (58 inches), and Boston (44 inches).
    So why does everyone not from Seattle think to go outside in Seattle without an umbrella is tantamount to committing suicide? Partially because of the entertainment industry producing things like Sleepless in Seattle, Frasier, and the like which portray it as such. (Along with always showing a Seattle skyline where somehow the space needle is by far the tallest thing in Seattle. Even though the Space Needle is actually about average in height compared to the 25 or so skyscrapers in Seattle; coming in at about 600 feet including the needle. With Seattle possessing quite a few skyscrapers around the same height and 6 skyscrapers taller than it; including the Columbia Center at 937 feet, which has more floors, 76, than any building in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River and is the 20th tallest building in the United States).

But the primary root of this rainy misconception really lies in that Seattle has a relatively high amount of days per year with precipitation (158), compared to such places as New York (119), Boston (127), and Nashville (119). All cities that get an average of about 16% more rain per year than Seattle, but also average between them about 36 less days a year of precipitation. So it rains a lot less in Seattle, but is spread out over about a month more of days than those cities. This is why almost no native Seattle-ite carries an umbrella generally. When it does rain, it tends to be a very light drizzle that isn’t bothersome. It almost never really “rains” as most people from places like Alabama, Boston, or the like think of rain. On top of that, it never really storms in Seattle either. Seattle gets an average of a mere seven days a year where thunder is heard, for instance.

Grow the hell up and learn the difference between the quantity of rain and the frequency of rain.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

Grow the hell up and learn the difference between the quantity of rain and the frequency of rain.
    But the primary root of this rainy misconception really lies in that Seattle has a relatively high amount of days per year with precipitation (158), compared to such places as New York (119), Boston (127), and Nashville (119)

Seattle ranks 44th among major U.S. cities in average annual rainfall, getting approximately 38 inches annually. Cities that get more rainfall than Seattle include such as Houston Texas (48 inches), New Orleans (60 inches), Mobile AL (65 inches), Memphis (52 inches), Nashville (48 inches), and pretty much every major city on the eastern seaboard, such as New York (43 inches), Philadelphia (41 inches), Miami (58 inches), and Boston (44 inches).

Grow the hell up and take a fucking community college stats course. Seattle has 1 month more of "rain" than most cities. And on those days that it does "rain", it sprinkles that lasts 10-30 minutes. So, while the frequency is a bit higher, it's not that big of a deal. Unless you're a pussy from Portland like you.

You obviously haven't spent much time in Seattle.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.
    don't visit Alaska, fren

Wow, I thought the flocks of carrier pigeons went extinct... Wait, what?

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

But the primary root of this rainy misconception really lies in that Seattle has a relatively high amount of days per year with precipitation (158), compared to such places as New York (119), Boston (127), and Nashville (119)

Seattle ranks 44th among major U.S. cities in average annual rainfall, getting approximately 38 inches annually. Cities that get more rainfall than Seattle include such as Houston Texas (48 inches), New Orleans (60 inches), Mobile AL (65 inches), Memphis (52 inches), Nashville (48 inches), and pretty much every major city on the eastern seaboard, such as New York (43 inches), Philadelphia (41 inches), Miami (58 inches), and Boston (44 inches).

Grow the hell up and take a fucking community college stats course. Seattle has 1 month more of "rain" than most cities. And on those days that it does "rain", it sprinkles that lasts 10-30 minutes. So, while the frequency is a bit higher, it's not that big of a deal. Unless you're a pussy from Portland like you.

Sorry, I didn't bother to read all of your TL, DR blast.

I'm glad to see you're still taking this shit too seriously though.

#fullcircle
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Seattle = Major league city

Portland= Minor league town

Honk 'em.
    edited April 2014

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

Sorry, I didn't bother to read all of your TL, DR blast.

I'm glad to see you're still taking this shit too seriously though.

#fullcircle
    Not really. I'm just clearing up some common misconceptions. Reppin that SEA town, brah

What a cool place to be born, man
    TheGlove said:

Seattle = Major league city

Portland= Minor league town

Honk 'em.

No dispute here.

In fact, this post confirms my side of this argument.
  • Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    I always thought that the down vote meant the poaster has down syndrome

I always thought that the down vote meant the poaster has down syndrome

Well, in that case

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited April 2014

All the grunge bands are solid but I can't listen for more than a few songs at a time. I would rather listen to Tool.

Tool is good too. It's too bad 95% of the new rock bands suck. Not to mention, rock isn't considered cool anymore so kids won't grow up wanting to be rock stars. They would rather press buttons and fist pump.
    Kid Rock is insulted you left him out.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited April 2014

Why do you hate Creed? As scary as it is, there is worse shit currently getting played on rock stations than those groups.
    Disagree.

Yes, modern radio is dreckier than a 1000 Pac12 basketball seasons. Yes REAL radio music died 15 years ago. Yes the entire corporate music industry needs to die in a fiery fucking mudslide.

But there will never be anything worse than Nickelback.

Cook it.
    edited April 2014

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

I spent 15 years in Seattle. You're either full of shit if you think it doesn't rain A LOT more in Seattle than other places, or you're list of "other places" is Portland and San Francisco.

I *heart* the 206. I miss so very many things about it. The water, the mountains, the diversity (Hi Delridge!), even the drecky sports teams.

But I do not miss the fucking rain.

Inches of precipitation doesn't mean shit. I live in Memphis and it doesn't rain 1/3 as often here as it does in Seattle. When it does rain it pours the fuck down, gets it over with, and goes back to being sunny within an hour or two.

Memphis rain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seattle drizzle.
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

I spent 15 years in Seattle. You're either full of shit if you think it doesn't rain A LOT more in Seattle than other places, or you're list of "other places" is Portland and San Francisco.

I *heart* the 206. I miss so very many things about it. The water, the mountains, the diversity (Hi Delridge!), even the drecky sports teams.

Okay, DNC. You obviously know more than the fucking National Weather Service statistics....

I believe you are confusing "cloudy" with "rainy"
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Currently stationed in the upperfuckingMidwest. Fuck that. I'm begging for orders to Fort Lewis.
    PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

Okay, DNC. You obviously know more than the fucking National Weather Service statistics....

No, you just don't understand the statistics you're citing.

Memphis gets 107 days of rain per year, or about 2/3 as many as Seattle. But a day of rain does not = 24 hours of rain.

Rain here is like a middle school boy watching his first porno - it's over before you knew it started and makes a hell of a mess.

Rain in Seattle is like grandma wetting her depends. Will she or won't she? Did she piss or is that just ass sweat? Why am I checking grandma's depends? It's a constant issue.

I guaranfuckingtee you if there's a stat out there on "rainy hours" Seattle is at least twice as rainy as it is here, and probably well into three times.
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

Memphis gets 107 days of rain per year, or about 2/3 as many as Seattle. But a day of rain does not = 24 hours of rain.

Rain here is like a middle school boy watching his first porno - it's over before you knew it started and makes a hell of a mess.

Rain in Seattle is like grandma wetting her depends. Will she or won't she? Did she piss or is that just ass sweat? Why am I checking grandma's depends? It's a constant issue.

I guaranfuckingtee you if there's a stat out there on "rainy hours" Seattle is at least twice as rainy as it is here, and probably well into three times.
    Because where you live = the rest of the USA. Got it.

Seattle is the #44 major US city when it comes to annual rainfall. Not the fucking mud puddle people make it out to be. If you are a pussy that hates a little bit of mist, I guess you don't like Seattle, or temperate marine environments in general

I hope that fucking helps you, DoogInCarolina

dnc said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

TheHB said:

Because where you live = the rest of the USA. Got it.

Seattle is #44 when it comes to major US cities when it comes to annual rainfall. Not the fucking mud puddle people make it out to be.

I hope that fucking helps you, DoogInCarolina
    For fuck's sake, for once in your miserable life, it really isn't about the lack of inches.