Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ST comments do not have a downvote option anymore?

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

In fairness to me, I hate grunge

You misspelled music. And history.

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

All other 90's grunge bands were just trying to be Nirvana. Nirvana was copying the Pixies.

Jimi Hendrix is in his own category.

DON'T PUMP MY GAS DOG

You got the Pixies and Hendrix part right. Nirvana was also copying The Melvins, who way pre-date Nirvana. AiC, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone (more glam than grunge but still), Gruntruck, Green River, Mudhoney, and on and on either came before or essentially at the same time.
    Fucking this. You beat me to it. The Melvins end this discussion.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2014
    My list would be AIC>Soundgarden>>>>>>Pearl Jam> Nirvana. I like all of then though and they are pretty much always in the rotation for me. I don't listen to any newer Pearl Jam though. I can't get into it.

All the grunge bands are solid but I can't listen for more than a few songs at a time. I would rather listen to Tool.

Tool is good too. It's too bad 95% of the new rock bands suck. Not to mention, rock isn't considered cool anymore so kids won't grow up wanting to be rock stars. They would rather press buttons and fist pump.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

All the grunge bands are solid but I can't listen for more than a few songs at a time. I would rather listen to Tool.

Tool is good too. It's too bad 95% of the new rock bands suck. Not to mention, rock isn't considered cool anymore so kids won't grow up wanting to be rock stars. They would rather press buttons and fist pump.
    Meh, I'm sure Socrates said the same thing. The good stuff is out there. Dig into the psycho-billy/alt-alt-country scene.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I love how this thread devolved into #OldManMusicThursday
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

AZDuck said:

Modest Mouse > Soundgarden

Nirvana was as much a Portland product as a Seattle one.

holy fucking shit.

No, just no on these two points.

AiC>>> Pearl Jam>> Soundgarden>> Mudhoney>>>>>>Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Modest Mouse

We Oregonians can lay claim to Courtney Love, so go suck ass bitches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    This thread finally delivers! All it took was AZDuckFS to rile up the masses and so we can unite as one.

AZDuck said:

All other 90's grunge bands were just trying to be Nirvana. Nirvana was copying the Pixies.

Jimi Hendrix is in his own category.

DON'T PUMP MY GAS DOG

You got the Pixies and Hendrix part right. Nirvana was also copying The Melvins, who way pre-date Nirvana. AiC, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone (more glam than grunge but still), Gruntruck, Green River, Mudhoney, and on and on either came before or essentially at the same time.
    All artists generally copy other artists until they find a way to put a new twist on their product and make it their own.

Always about Lemon Party?
    I always appreciate a good spontaneous citrus festival, and this thread delivers that big time.

TheHB said:

Seattle vs. Portland is pretty much:

Disagree, the northwest is the best region of the USA to live in.
    Jesus. Stop. Embarrassing shit.
    alright Michael, tell me where a better place to live is? Washington, Alaska, Montana, Oregon, parts of Idaho.....you can't beat it for nature and livability. Florida, AZ, NM, Cali, and Hawaii are all nice, but have flaws, as does the PNW..

the NorthEast is alright, I miss the mountains when I'm there though. too flat. Chicago has nice parts and bad parts. The eastern seaboard is miserable compared to the western seaboard. Texas sucks.

I can't comment on the south as I've never been there, but I'd imagine it isn't better than here

This. Exactly, word for word. Most of the other states outside the PNW have shitty weather. Frozen ass winters. No fall or spring. And FUCKING MISERABLE, stifling, humid, disgusting fucking heat for 4 months out of the year with all kinds of pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

TheHB said:

alright Michael, tell me where a better place to live is? Washington, Alaska, Montana, Oregon, parts of Idaho.....you can't beat it for nature and livability. Florida, AZ, NM, Cali, and Hawaii are all nice, but have flaws, as does the PNW..

the NorthEast is alright, I miss the mountains when I'm there though. too flat. Chicago has nice parts and bad parts. The eastern seaboard is miserable compared to the western seaboard. Texas sucks.

I can't comment on the south as I've never been there, but I'd imagine it isn't better than here

This. Exactly, word for word. Most of the other states outside the PNW have shitty weather. Frozen ass winters. No fall or spring. And FUCKING MISERABLE, stifling, humid, disgusting fucking heat for 4 months out of the year with all kinds of pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.
    Frozen winters > 9 months of rain
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Always about Lemon Party?
    I always appreciate a good spontaneous citrus festival, and this thread delivers that big time.
    Squeeze it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwWD4pEG6k

Fuck Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Nickelback for killing rock.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.
    don't visit Alaska, fren

TheHB said:

pestilent bugs swarming and biting you.
    don't visit Alaska, fren

+1

That state is the biggest fucking dreckfest to live in and it's not even close.

Fuck Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Nickelback for killing rock.
    Why do you hate Creed? As scary as it is, there is worse shit currently getting played on rock stations than those groups.