Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    From today's Seattle Times story about Conerly waiting to sign in February...sounds like Huff is staying:

Conerly is most familiar with the situation at UW. He cultivated a positive relationship with offensive line coach Scott Huff and former head coach Jimmy Lake. The latter was fired after just 13 games over two seasons.

UW recently hired Kalen DeBoer, whose last stop was at Fresno State. Conerly said he still frequently talks to Huff, who he expects to remain on staff.

Michigan, with its success and coaching stability, hasn’t been able to secure a commit from Conerly. His first and only official visit was to Ann Arbor for the Washington game in September. Wolverines offensive line coach Sherrone Moore was also Conerly’s first official home visit last week.

“It was pretty fun,” Conerly said. “Me and Coach Moore already have a relationship, so it was kind of just like we were just chillin’.

“I’m glad I’ve even had an opportunity to do something like this and feel we’re blessed.”

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    And so far four potential Polynesian coaches turned DeBoer down. That is not good.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More great O line recruits to ruin

Yeah we need Huff

JFC
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Huff staying is bad. Grubb is really DeBoer’s OL guy so it makes it less bad, but it’s still bad. He sucks.

I can stomach huff staying. Not sure I can stomach Schmidt as the dline coach.

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

And so far four potential Polynesian coaches turned DeBoer down. That is not good.

Who besides Maile?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@sonics1993 says Schmidt will be the DL coach. To call this defensive staff a disappointment is an understatement. At this point we're literally just bringing over the entire FSU defensive coaching staff with no upgrades. Struck out on Donte, Steinauer, and replaced Malloe with a younger Bob Gregory.

Fire DeBoer

Someone check the archives. Is this the first "Fire Deboer"?

@FireCohen has lost a step
  • Options

Yeah we need Huff

JFC

I'm hearing Grubb is a great OL coach and will be the mentor that Huff has long needed. The UW coaches apprenticeship program is alive and well!
  • Options

Yeah we need Huff

JFC

I'm hearing Grubb is a great OL coach and will be the mentor that Huff has long needed. The UW coaches apprenticeship program is alive and well!
    Grubb shouldn’t be the qb coach if this the real mindset.

Coaching is a network of people that suck at their jobs that just change every few years.

I can’t think of one guy that developed under huff. Lots of talent that doesn’t play while the upperclassmen that never developed got out of shape and still do not understand how to pick up a simple stunt or blitz. Fuck.

And why the fuck do we play tall lanky athletes at the guard position and a mauler at tackle?
    Who are you referring to at the guard position? All of our guards were fat.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Huff staying is bad. Grubb is really DeBoer’s OL guy so it makes it less bad, but it’s still bad. He sucks.

Yeah, I was thinking a week ago that keeping Huff might not be a bad idea if Grubb is helping out and scheming the OL. To be fair, Huff's O line didn't look truly awful until Donovan was running the offense.

The defensive staff is essentially what Petersen did - just bring everybody from your previous job.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Yeah we need Huff

JFC

Grubb shouldn’t be the qb coach if this the real mindset.

Coaching is a network of people that suck at their jobs that just change every few years.

I can’t think of one guy that developed under huff. Lots of talent that doesn’t play while the upperclassmen that never developed got out of shape and still do not understand how to pick up a simple stunt or blitz. Fuck.

And why the fuck do we play tall lanky athletes at the guard position and a mauler at tackle?
    Who are you referring to at the guard position? All of our guards were fat.
    Everyone was out of shape. More a comment on body types.

Buelow, bag holder and Kirkland in the past have played inside. They’re all tall and long while the one most built like a mauler is curne who plays on the outside.

At the end of the day, they all sucked so who cares. I would just like them to be able to block a simple stunt or blitz. It’s embarrassing.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yeah, I was thinking a week ago that keeping Huff might not be a bad idea if Grubb is helping out and scheming the OL. To be fair, Huff's O line didn't look truly awful until Donovan was running the offense.

The defensive staff is essentially what Petersen did - just bring everybody from your previous job.
    Yeah I don't hate Huff staying, especially if that keeps some of our blue chip underclassmen from portaling and gives us the best chance at landing Conerly. I hate the defensive staff as it stands though. At this point I'm just going to assume Inge will be the DC so there's technically one spot left. If we're going to keep the same staff makeup as they did last year that means they'll need another DB coach.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jordan Perryman incoming. Decent snag. Db from ucdavis
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I am pretty clueless when it comes to Steinaur but why was he being so hyped up with only 1 year of CFB DC under his belt? Was that Fresno State defense a top 10 or something?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439

Jordan Perryman incoming. Decent snag. Db from ucdavis