Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 758
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Rumor out there that Steinauer turned us down. If true, glad we waited on him so long

Jimmy Lake still available, we could probably get him pretty cheap given he is collecting massive checks from his last employer.
    Hey now, UW is the only job he can take where he'd be able to negotiate out of having to offset his buyout by his new salary.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021

Rumor out there that Steinauer turned us down. If true, glad we waited on him so long

Is that from the Discord?
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    If huff stays… that’s my first major red flag for deboner. But I doubt he will.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Is that from the Discord?
    Someone on the discord said last night that they were at dinner with someone from the UW Athletic department who said the coach from Canada isn’t coming. Only coaching insight the person offered apparently.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fatters just said the same on Dawgman. Really disappointing if true. We really are going to have the entire Fresno staff + Junior aren't we?
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Fatters just said the same on Dawgman. Really disappointing if true. We really are going to have the entire Fresno staff + Junior aren't we?

TE coach from Indiana*, and then OL coach from Virginia so no. And there are other options at DC that aren’t Fresno guys.

Then we went after the Boise dline coach and the Nebraska dline coach. Boise guy turned us down, not sure what the current status of the Nebraska guy is… I’m sure DeBoer would look elsewhere before going back for the Fresno dline coach.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,002
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I doubt this as I'd guess some of them will want to stay and work with Tedford.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If this is how it turns out that is a terrible start. Not JonDon bad, but not good.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021
    Swaye said:

If this is how it turns out that is a terrible start. Not JonDon bad, but not good.
    Even if he just brought the Fresno staff with him that is a major upgrade in my opinion. Not ideal but lipo. Not being able to land top choices for DC with the alleged budget he has is concerning for sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

We saved all this money on the head coach to get great assistants!!!!!!!!

Well if we can't afford great assistants this year its ok because next year is a bumper crop of great assistants!!!!

OK we got a steaming pile of shit again and Huff is back.

We're broke. Hired boner on the cheap and filled out his staff on the cheap

Fooled again

Huff isn’t back … I don’t think

Unless you’re an avid cfl fan or BTP, no one here knew whether Steinauer would be good or not.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    If Orlondo stays in Canada, likely means he just really didn’t want to go back to CFB, but DeBoer misread his interest.

If he goes to another CFB program, it means we are cheap fucks and We aren’t going anywhere until Jen Cohen is gone.
  • Options
    DeBoer hasn’t hired anyone I hate yet. Julius Brown was a former top mountain west recruiter and a former db at Boise so he seems plenty qualified to be a DB coach. Grubb may not be a fireworks hire but he knows DeBoer’s system and the fact that he wanted to follow DeBoer north is probably a good sign. Same to the rumored tight ends coach hire. If the Virginia oline coach wants to come across the country to coach with DeBoer without a job description upgrade that’s also a good sign.