Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Helfrich out recruited Petersen. HTH.

The point here, for you dumb asses who can’t follow along, isn’t that Helfrich is a better recruiter than Petersen, it’s a discussion that Oregon recruits itself to a large extent because of Phil Knight/Nike. Cristobal did better than Helfrich because he’s better than Helfrich, but he gets to start on 2nd base Petersen didn’t blow the doors off a dumbshit like Helfrich because again, Helfrich starts on 2nd base.

The NFL shit is stupid. Petersen is a better coach and had better assistants. If Helfrich and Peterson have similar talent to work,with, of course Petersen is going to have better results.

First it was the Helfrich out-recruited Petersen. Then it was actually not Helfrich, but that Oregon recruits itself. Then, from 2016 - 2018 UW had higher per player recruiting rankings over Oregon which supposedly recruits itself (2016 - Helfrich, 2017 - Taggart, 2018 - Cristo) against a coach in Petersen who was notorious for not chasing star rankings and being very selective in offers.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    haie said:

dnc said:
    Mike and the guy who made his handle while having a seizure told me that this is the best news they've heard all year! 16-4 or some random shit too!
    19500 views.

Those aren’t all mine. Doogman 2.forever.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

Helfrich out recruited Petersen. HTH.

The point here, for you dumb asses who can’t follow along, isn’t that Helfrich is a better recruiter than Petersen, it’s a discussion that Oregon recruits itself to a large extent because of Phil Knight/Nike. Cristobal did better than Helfrich because he’s better than Helfrich, but he gets to start on 2nd base Petersen didn’t blow the doors off a dumbshit like Helfrich because again, Helfrich starts on 2nd base.

The NFL shit is stupid. Petersen is a better coach and had better assistants. If Helfrich and Peterson have similar talent to work,with, of course Petersen is going to have better results.

First it was the Helfrich out-recruited Petersen. Then it was actually not Helfrich, but that Oregon recruits itself. Then, from 2016 - 2018 UW had higher per player recruiting rankings over Oregon which supposedly recruits itself (2016 - Helfrich, 2017 - Taggart, 2018 - Cristo) against a coach in Petersen who was notorious for not chasing star rankings and being very selective in offers.
    JFC. Are fucking stupid? It was Oregon recruits itself and evidence is a shitty helfrich can out recruited Petersen for three years. You dumbfuck. Pay attention son.

Hey dumbshit, the highest ranked Petersen classes just went fucking 4-8. Dumbfuck. Coaching matters. And that’s irrelevant to my point. Which is, Oregon has a recruiting advantage and cristobal isn’t this mystical amazing recruiter that people have crowned his ass with.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

dnc said:
    Mike and the guy who made his handle while having a seizure told me that this is the best news they've heard all year! 16-4 or some random shit too!
    Aspy is struggling.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    If this is true then the second MC didn’t grab a pen and sign that offer was all Mullins needed to know.

He was already gone. All parties just move on at that point.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,296
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

This whole situation has been very entertaining. I am enjoying the schadenfreude. The beauty of college football is false hope and the misery of your neighbor outweighing your own.

I have been mostly neutral, as I know Cristobal is at best an average coach, but a good program CEO and excellent recruiter. He is very replaceable. The damage of having two coaches in a row go back to their ailing momma in Florida and the stability/recruiting damage that entails is obviously less than ideal. The odds of an upgrade and the odds of a program tanker are about equal, I’d say Oregon’s are slightly tilted to being more tank proof but that’s what Nebraska and Tennessee fans thought and they had nattys and stadiums with 100,000 people who cared.

Nah, oregon's little "resurgence" is over. UW will rule the north, USC the south.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 790
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    Wilcox is wetting his lips right about now.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RTD said:

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RTD said:

Fuck. Always have to fix these