Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

Mario would be a fool to not go to Miami. What fucking dunce would pick living in Eugene over Miami? I mean seriously. World class city with arts, culture, food, women, weather and entertainment vs a methed out shithole with an Arby's.

Because he’s a shit head coach who’s going to get found out in Florida. Why not stay at a place that looks like they’re willing to hang themselves for you and probably give you 9 million dollars for two years longer than you deserve it. Also, free meth.
    It's no secret I like Mario. I think you're wrong about him. Helfrich was a shit head coach. Lake was a shit head coach. Mario is a young head coach who has more to learn but definitely has upside. The former think they're cute and funny and know something the rest of us don't know and almost don't take their jobs seriously ... to such an extent that they're unaware of how bad they are. The latter want to be good and can be and legitimately get to work after a game like last night to get better.

His stubborness with A Brown is not something I can explain, but he's not the first HC to go down with his QB. And as others have said, it may say something about what's on the bench too.

He's organized, shoots pretty straight (he takes responsibility and did last night while also acknowledging when they've just been outplayed), brings in talent, and thus far has made pretty good hires. I also thought he handled the Levitt situation like a pro. He's certainly not the whole package yet but he has led your fucking team to a Rose Bowl win, got you ten wins and the North division again this season and it would be monumentally stupid for Oregon to let him go. Just MO. Getting talent in the door is job one and he does that as well as anyone. The rest remains to be seen.

His stubbornness extends well beyond AB.

JH willed that team to the RB.

When Beavis and WSU are in contention to share the North crown with Oregon, you
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Odds are the next coach is worse though.

What part of being a Husky football fan has you still believing that we can have nice things?
    There's a pretty good argument Cristobal is the second best coach Oregon ever had on a per season basis. I'm comfortable betting their next hire won't be top 2.
    Uncle Phil is almost pushing up daisies. He'll go after a big time coach.
    Doesn't mean he'll be better though.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dnc said:
    I wish I could chin this 45 times

Took the twins to school today and Neuheisel and whomever the main host is on ESPNU both said they can’t understand why Miami wants this guy and Oregon shouldn’t pay him anywhere near 8 p/year. “They don’t need him.”

TL,DR: He sucks. Like we’ve been saying.

You're about the only Quook who hated MC before all this happened so I'll give you props for that.

oh come the fuck on

Okay the over/under is 5 of you
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Took the twins to school today and Neuheisel and whomever the main host is on ESPNU both said they can’t understand why Miami wants this guy and Oregon shouldn’t pay him anywhere near 8 p/year. “They don’t need him.”

You're about the only Quook who hated MC before all this happened so I'll give you props for that.

Yep. Cristobal 2.0 with elite recruiting and Latino swagger is above average and able to punk a down and out P12, even though serious holes would keep them back.

Popping off is popping off, though. He now has some steak to his sizzle.

Even in this year's collapse, he was able to go into Columbus as an underdog and collect a scalp (a win any program would love to claim) and as a result had them controlling their destiny in the CFP into November.

The next guy is much more likely to be Taggert than Cristo, because as we know "it's hard".
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

oh come the fuck on

In fairness he said “about.” There’s room for a few more who knew.
  • Options

haie said:

Cringey, even for you.

nah, this is cringey:

My eyes have never seen a more beautiful thing.

@GrandpaSankey
    Same here.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

better get wilcox inked up before someone else does.

edit: has manny diaz even been fired yet?
    I wonder if UW is still everything that's wrong with college football?
    Yes.
  • Options

This whole situation has been very entertaining. I am enjoying the schadenfreude. The beauty of college football is false hope and the misery of your neighbor outweighing your own.

I have been mostly neutral, as I know Cristobal is at best an average coach, but a good program CEO and excellent recruiter. He is very replaceable. The damage of having two coaches in a row go back to their ailing momma in Florida and the stability/recruiting damage that entails is obviously less than ideal. The odds of an upgrade and the odds of a program tanker are about equal, I’d say Oregon’s are slightly tilted to being more tank proof but that’s what Nebraska and Tennessee fans thought and they had nattys and stadiums with 100,000 people who cared.

Nah, oregon's little "resurgence" is over. UW will rule the north, USC the south.
    :)
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

What part of being a Husky football fan has you still believing that we can have nice things?
    There's a pretty good argument Cristobal is the second best coach Oregon ever had on a per season basis. I'm comfortable betting their next hire won't be top 2.
    Uncle Phil is almost pushing up daisies. He'll go after a big time coach.
    I don’t think Phil cares about football like he used to
    They almost paid Cristobal 8mil p/yr. Sounds like he cares, but is also maybe an idiot.
  • Options

dnc said:

Rick N., whom I've always liked btw, is a notorious Miami hater because his ass is still sore from 2001. I don't know about the other guy and DC.

I like the hire. He'll do well there IMO, which of course is not more important than anybody else's. I am, if nothing else, a man of the people and know my place.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Rick N., whom I've always liked btw, is a notorious Miami hater because his ass is still sore from 2001. I don't know about the other guy and DC.

I like the hire. He'll do well there IMO, which of course is not more important than anybody else's. I am, if nothing else, a man of the people and know my place.
    Lest ye forget UW-Miami 2000. RIP Ken Dorothy
  • Options

dnc said:

At the end of the discussion he said “We all want to see Miami back on top, it’s good for college football.”
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Don't follow the other conferences much but I saw Pitt and Wake in the ACC championship game? Holy shit. Clemson was down down and just lost their DC.

He's not going to fail there.
  • Options
    LawDawg1 said:

dnc said:

Nobody forgot anything doog. I was at the game. Rick N. obviously wasn't salty about that. You're not following the conversation very closely IMO, not that my opinion is any more important than anyone else's.
  • Options

dnc said:

At the end of the discussion he said “We all want to see Miami back on top, it’s good for college football.”
    Yes, I'm sure Rick N. really wants that. I'm just sure of it. Just my opinion, which is no more important than anyone else'.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

dnc said:

Not that my opinion is important.
    FTFY
  • Options

Mario could do well in Miami. He could also not do well. Either way it will be interesting.

I share your outlook.