Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    2girls1applecup2girls1applecup Member Posts: 80
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Im calling Joe Brady to Whoregon.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Oregon is really going to finish 10-4 😂
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    haie said:

2018 huskies without the conference title.
    Or the Rose Bowl humiliation.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

Justin Wilcox might be their best realistic option at this point.

Recruiting will take a step back to Chris Petersen at UW range but this is ultimately an upgrade imo.
    The defense at Oregon under Wilcox will be improved but until proven otherwise I think Wiclox has offense AIDS. He just spreads it to whomever coaches offense under him. Baldwin was on an upward arc until he met Wilcox. Musgrave was an uninspired choice but even he is under what he produced at Virginia. This was the main reason I was wary of the Wilcox superior culture coming to UW. I just can’t handle any more bad offense.

My fear is that Wilcox, as an alum, could end up the type who's there for 20 years.
    Yes, as a Junction City kid and UO alum, he probably seems appealing from a "we're a stepping stone school" perspective

OreDawg said:

Recruiting will take a step back to Chris Petersen at UW range but this is ultimately an upgrade imo.
    The defense at Oregon under Wilcox will be improved but until proven otherwise I think Wiclox has offense AIDS. He just spreads it to whomever coaches offense under him. Baldwin was on an upward arc until he met Wilcox. Musgrave was an uninspired choice but even he is under what he produced at Virginia. This was the main reason I was wary of the Wilcox superior culture coming to UW. I just can’t handle any more bad offense.

It might not be lightning in a bottle right away but he's going to bring stability and might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine.
    This is a bunch of platitude nonsense that doesn't mean anything. Bringing "stability" means nothing unless you're a good coach. This is one of those buzzwords on Twitter people throw out to try and sound smart. What does 'might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine' mean? How do you qualify this? Gibberish.

OreDawg said:

Oregon has a culture problem imo and Wilcox could very well be the type to fix it, or at least add a little substance to their charade.

What does this mean? Culture problem of good recruiting? Hiring good coaches? What substance to what charade? This entire post feels like it was written by a ML algorithm that doesn't quite understand the training data yet

OreDawg said:

He will have the tools to do it. I could see him becoming Oregon's Whittingham. Not saying this will for sure happen by any means but I think it's a decent possibility that he's exactly what Oregon needs.
    Can you name literally any metric outside of "has ties to the physical area" that says Wilcox could be their Whittingham? Literally every sentence you typed is brutal wharrgarble nonsense.

Glad to see that my dog isn't the only one dumb enough to try fighting high volume sprinklers. There's also the one pictured, and @CallMeBigErn
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

My fear is that Wilcox, as an alum, could end up the type who's there for 20 years.
    Yes, as a Junction City kid and UO alum, he probably seems appealing from a "we're a stepping stone school" perspective

OreDawg said:

It might not be lightning in a bottle right away but he's going to bring stability and might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine.
    This is a bunch of platitude nonsense that doesn't mean anything. Bringing "stability" means nothing unless you're a good coach. This is one of those buzzwords on Twitter people throw out to try and sound smart. What does 'might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine' mean? How do you qualify this? Gibberish.

OreDawg said:

Oregon has a culture problem imo and Wilcox could very well be the type to fix it, or at least add a little substance to their charade.

What does this mean? Culture problem of good recruiting? Hiring good coaches? What substance to what charade? This entire post feels like it was written by a ML algorithm that doesn't quite understand the training data yet

OreDawg said:

He will have the tools to do it. I could see him becoming Oregon's Whittingham. Not saying this will for sure happen by any means but I think it's a decent possibility that he's exactly what Oregon needs.
    Can you name literally any metric outside of "has ties to the physical area" that says Wilcox could be their Whittingham? Literally every sentence you typed is brutal wharrgarble nonsense.

Glad to see that my dog isn't the only one dumb enough to try fighting high volume sprinklers. There's also the one pictured, and @CallMeBigErn
    I prefer revolving door Oregon coaching. In fact, I love it. You don't see it that way and that's cool, Chuck. That's cool.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

2018 huskies without the conference title.
    Or the Rose Bowl humiliation.
    Substitute with two mountain west humiliations.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    dnc said:

Didn't realize suggesting Wilcox could be a good hire for Oregon was so triggering. What a bunch of fags.

Wilcox sucks. I pray they hire him.
    Sounds like a done deal.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Didn't realize suggesting Wilcox could be a good hire for Oregon was so triggering. What a bunch of fags.

You may be right. You also may not be right. I'm just saying there's a decent possibility of him being better at Oregon with their resources than you might think. You folks need some Xannies.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

I prefer revolving door Oregon coaching. In fact, I love it. You don't see it that way and that's cool, Chuck. That's cool.
    You were just stating that hiring Wilcox would bring 20 years of stability to Oregon.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

You were just stating that hiring Wilcox would bring 20 years of stability to Oregon.
    Bro, did you read the context? I'm saying there's a part of me that thinks that he could be the type to do so. Not saying he will ffs. I don't consider my opinion to be fact unlike some here. I'm raising the point that he could be good for Oregon as devil's advocate. Chill.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Haha. Well said.

I'm not triggered at all. I used to be a Wilcox "booster" of sorts, changed to more of a fence sitting excuser, and have recently had a change of heart on him. I just don't understand what he has done to get himself mentioned for any FCS jobs. He has one HC position on his resume. At it's absolute best, his tenure there has been excusable because Cal. There isn't anything that stands out at all though. He's given UW and Oregon some problems. What else? Title contention? Cranking out NFL players? High end recruiting? Leading statistically at anything?

I just don't see what Wilcox has done, or does, that puts him in the conversation. That's all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

You may be right. You also may not be right. I'm just saying there's a decent possibility of him being better at Oregon with their resources than you might think. You folks need some Xannies.
    A decent possibility is enough to justify a hire of a coach who has never succeeded anywhere?

Wouldn't you prefer to look at guys where the "decent possibility" is actually demonstrated by something that has actually happened?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

Bro, did you read the context? I'm saying there's a part of me that thinks that he could be the type to do so. Not saying he will ffs. I don't consider my opinion to be fact unlike some here. I'm raising the point that he could be good for Oregon as devil's advocate. Chill.
    He actually could be. I don't think it's a high probability, but I see your main point. I mean there are mega resources there, and if he could luck into or find a really quality innovative offensive mind he could maybe do some damage there. I'd have hated him at UW, but there is a different dynamic there.

The one thing that would worry me as a Duck fan (and you alluded to this arguing the other way though) is his "stable" (read that as boring) type mentality. Oregon has always been loud, garish and new money rich. It's a huge part of their persona. That is not Wilcox. So I appreciate you thinking he might "fix" that in a sense, but I think fixing it would break them. It's a 2nd tier school in a shithole town. What makes them get top 10 recruiting classes is the new money swagger.

Just my thoughts. On balance, I hope like fuck UO hires Wilcocks because I think there is a 10% chance or less he kills it. But there is a chance.