Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,003
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Source: The John Ruiz family is ready to launch ambitious plan to build UM a football stadium in Coral Gables

The source says Ruiz, who is an attorney, entrepreneur, and founder of a firm called MSP Recovery and is set to be worth over $20 billion, according to Forbes.com, envisions a 50,000 seat stadium on the site of what is currently Coral Gables High School.

could be cool, hurts their program not having their own stadium

Ruiz, the son of Cuban immigrants, is related to Oregon coach Mario Cristobal, through marriage.

yeah, he gone.

Money, women, food, art, culture, my hotel, Lambos and has a stadium that’s smaller than a meth den with its own Arby’s.
    50k sounds a little small time to me. I don't remember Miami struggling to fill their stadium when they were The U.
    They did depending on the opponent. Not a big student body and on campus stadium like uf and FSU.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Was it as cool as Liverpool?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

This is a very good and accurate post. Objectively speaking.

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I have probably been to more major world cities than anyone on these boreds. If not the most, I'm in the top 3 for sure. I think I've been in every "mega" destination city in the world sans the ones in Russia. Miami is at the absolute tippy top of the list, in the world, not just the USofA. Anyone who says Miami is overrated is a toolbox who couldn't get laid there. It is not for the faint of heart. The women suffer no fools and you better have money. You save up your 7-11 checks for a year and roll in from Index in a straw hat, it will be a blood bath. You gotta flex those Orkin riches like me. Then it's party tim.

p.s. There is so much money in Miami it's unreal. Before I started going there pretty regularly I had no idea how much insane wealth was there. If you are in the city center area near the bay I am not kidding it is a constant flow of super cars. Ferraris, Lambo and Porsches are as common there as Fords, Subarus and Toyotas in Gig Harbor. I saw a fucking Veyron getting valeted for fucks sake. And the women. Good God the women. Plus, clubs are open, and full, all night. If you have never been to Miami I highly suggest going. Great great city. I didn't even mention the food, which is fucking nails.

@Doogles wade in here my swarthy friend. You were there recently. Thoughts?
    Happy and attractive people enjoying their life? Sign me up.

Not to piss/tug it out but my Miami experience was incredible and the city made such an impact I'm considering the move.

It was great to see people dressing up to go out and not giving a fuck about the pandemic. Maybe it wouldn't have seemed as big of a deal if I wasn't from Nor Cal, but what a refreshing vibe change.

The women really are unbelievable, an Eva Mendes clone was my server at a steakhouse and my girl didn't talk to me the entire flight home over "the way you ordered".

Married guys you've been warned.

Miami… Cool fucking city. I just got back from Miami and felt the same. It was nice to not have the Covid bullshit.
    Same here. Being in Miami and Ft Lauderdale makes you forget there’s even a pandemic going on to be perfectly honest. It’s refreshing
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,187
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I have probably been to more major world cities than anyone on these boreds. If not the most, I'm in the top 3 for sure. I think I've been in every "mega" destination city in the world sans the ones in Russia. Miami is at the absolute tippy top of the list, in the world, not just the USofA. Anyone who says Miami is overrated is a toolbox who couldn't get laid there. It is not for the faint of heart. The women suffer no fools and you better have money. You save up your 7-11 checks for a year and roll in from Index in a straw hat, it will be a blood bath. You gotta flex those Orkin riches like me. Then it's party tim.

p.s. There is so much money in Miami it's unreal. Before I started going there pretty regularly I had no idea how much insane wealth was there. If you are in the city center area near the bay I am not kidding it is a constant flow of super cars. Ferraris, Lambo and Porsches are as common there as Fords, Subarus and Toyotas in Gig Harbor. I saw a fucking Veyron getting valeted for fucks sake. And the women. Good God the women. Plus, clubs are open, and full, all night. If you have never been to Miami I highly suggest going. Great great city. I didn't even mention the food, which is fucking nails.

Not to piss/tug it out but my Miami experience was incredible and the city made such an impact I'm considering the move.

It was great to see people dressing up to go out and not giving a fuck about the pandemic. Maybe it wouldn't have seemed as big of a deal if I wasn't from Nor Cal, but what a refreshing vibe change.

The women really are unbelievable, an Eva Mendes clone was my server at a steakhouse and my girl didn't talk to me the entire flight home over "the way you ordered".

Miami… Cool fucking city. I just got back from Miami and felt the same. It was nice to not have the Covid bullshit.
    Same here. Being in Miami and Ft Lauderdale makes you forget there’s even a pandemic going on to be perfectly honest. It’s refreshing
    Puddlez is leaving too?!?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,060
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

lanetrain would be interesting there; its either the highest highs or getting tarmac'd, no in-between.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Puddlez is leaving too?!?
    Check out how sexy he looks after just a few days in Miami.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Its been 5 minutes and the Oregon bored meltdown is already fantastic
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,003
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    OreDawg said:

Justin Wilcox might be their best realistic option at this point.

May as well make it official.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,618
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Screenshots please.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    Same guy:

Calma. In this pursuit Miami has proven they are willing to do whatever it takes to turn this program around.

Doesn’t sound like it at all if they’re going after Balls like they’re about to strike oil. If MC wasn’t from Miami, they’d have zero interest in him. Loser program, staying loser.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Screenshots please.
    Unfortunately the thread entitled "Mario is a Punk" has gone poof but essentially the same people who have been singing the praises of Mario as a "great man of conviction, as transparent as it gets, and a truly genuine guy who loves Eugene" are now choosing titles like "Taggart 2.0, a snake, and other less than complementary terms

There's also speculation that he was in house with a couple of theor top recruits yesterday and was possibly steering them towards Miami.
    Which bored?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

Screenshots please.
    Unfortunately the thread entitled "Mario is a Punk" has gone poof but essentially the same people who have been singing the praises of Mario as a "great man of conviction, as transparent as it gets, and a truly genuine guy who loves Eugene" are now choosing titles like "Taggart 2.0, a snake, and other less than complementary terms

There's also speculation that he was in house with a couple of theor top recruits yesterday and was possibly steering them towards Miami.
    Which bored?
    The 247 one.