Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

This is a very good and accurate post. Objectively speaking.

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I've been to Miami, exactly once. It's great if you like grey sand beaches that remind you of Ocean shores. I seriously expected much much much more. I will say it has been many years. Maybe it's more cosmopolitan now. Don't really care to go back. Guess it depends what you are looking for. Obviously its1000 steps up from Eugene.
    I hate to threaten the hard-fought peace we worked so hard to achieve, but unless you are really drunk, this tells me you actually didn't go to Miami, but rather to Ocean Shores, and the football talk has caused a Mandella Effect.

There is NOTHING about the beaches there that would remind you of Ocean Shores. Take it from the unicorn that was born in one place and grew up next to the other.

Most US cities are now more cosmopolitan than they once were. I'd say on the whole Miami has always been more cosmopolitan than Seattle, but Seattle has caught up. People forget Seattle used to be a fucking nowhere backwater as recently as the 1980s.
    Miami had the cocaine and Seattle had the tech

Couple of boom towns
    Violent passionate Latinos who danced and partied til dawn, versus Jolt-Addicted pimply faced incels who loved StarTrek and turned us all into screen-tethered cunts.

I'll take the Cocaine with Bullets over hologram girlfriends every time.

As a Seattleite, I declare Miami the clear winner.
    Sure Miami has great cocaine, but they really can’t compete with our meth and heroin
    It takes a real classy city to glorify meth and heroin as Seattle and Portland have. But dare I say parts of Lacey and Tumwater outclass Seattle, and Gresham arguably tops Portland.

I don't know how Lynnwood has avoided it, but maybe being crotched between Bothell and Edmonds spares it.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I've been to Miami, exactly once. It's great if you like grey sand beaches that remind you of Ocean shores. I seriously expected much much much more. I will say it has been many years. Maybe it's more cosmopolitan now. Don't really care to go back. Guess it depends what you are looking for. Obviously its1000 steps up from Eugene.
    I hate to threaten the hard-fought peace we worked so hard to achieve, but unless you are really drunk, this tells me you actually didn't go to Miami, but rather to Ocean Shores, and the football talk has caused a Mandella Effect.

There is NOTHING about the beaches there that would remind you of Ocean Shores. Take it from the unicorn that was born in one place and grew up next to the other.

Most US cities are now more cosmopolitan than they once were. I'd say on the whole Miami has always been more cosmopolitan than Seattle, but Seattle has caught up. People forget Seattle used to be a fucking nowhere backwater as recently as the 1980s.

Couple of boom towns
    Violent passionate Latinos who danced and partied til dawn, versus Jolt-Addicted pimply faced incels who loved StarTrek and turned us all into screen-tethered cunts.

Sure Miami has great cocaine, but they really can’t compete with our meth and heroin
    It takes a real classy city to glorify meth and heroin as Seattle and Portland have. But dare I say parts of Lacey and Tumwater outclass Seattle, and Gresham arguably tops Portland.

I don't know how Lynnwood has avoided it, but maybe being crotched between Bothell and Edmonds spares it.
    Up here in WESCO we like pills but my guy's been ghosting lately

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

Couple of boom towns

Up here in WESCO we like pills but my guy's been ghosting lately

Is that Dylan Morris?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    Swaye said:

Mario would be a fool to not go to Miami. What fucking dunce would pick living in Eugene over Miami? I mean seriously. World class city with arts, culture, food, women, weather and entertainment vs a methed out shithole with an Arby's.

Because he’s a shit head coach who’s going to get found out in Florida. Why not stay at a place that looks like they’re willing to hang themselves for you and probably give you 9 million dollars for two years longer than you deserve it. Also, free meth.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

Swaye said:

Mario would be a fool to not go to Miami. What fucking dunce would pick living in Eugene over Miami? I mean seriously. World class city with arts, culture, food, women, weather and entertainment vs a methed out shithole with an Arby's.

Because he’s a shit head coach who’s going to get found out in Florida. Why not stay at a place that looks like they’re willing to hang themselves for you and probably give you 9 million dollars for two years longer than you deserve it. Also, free meth.
    Nicely veiled attempt to rationalize why he should stay so you don't have to hurt inside
  • Options
    Sources said:

Swaye said:

Nicely veiled attempt to rationalize why he should stay so you don't have to hurt inside
    I don’t want him to stay. So there’s that…
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

Disagree. And I have spent 1000s of hours talking a walk on real beaches for perspective. Compared to what I am used to they were relatively closer to Ocean shores. Or, perhaps, if you prefer, central Oregon.

Don't really give a shit if you agree. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
    I honestly don't disagree. Lake Roosevelt has some beautiful beaches.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    RealRhino said:

godawgst said:

Doog Fain along with the Doogman are the only ones who actually believe Phil Knight and Oregon would go get Justin Wilcox after MC leaves for Miami.

Their Univ. cares about football 1000X more than that, let alone Phil Knight spending the equal of his stock going up a quarter to get a top shelf HC at 8-10 million per year
    Think about this though: who have they hired? They haven't hired the Lincoln Riley, the Brian Kelly, etc. When Brooks left, they promoted the in-house guy. When Chip left, they promoted the in-house guy. When Helfrich left, they didn't hire some big $, BSD P5 guy, they hired Taggart from USF. They basically hired the DeBoer type. And when he left, they promoted in-house. At every step of the way they've done it small-time, on the cheap. It just happened that they lucked into two great assistants, Tedford and Kelly, and things worked out.
    I think the first two in your sample is from a different program in a different era for them. Hiring from within is a FS move that pretty much every program has made multiple times. Notre Dame just did it.
  • Options

dflea said:

Man, this game turned into a real buttfucking.

lol

Coach Balls is way checked out, which makes me think he is gone. If he is not, then both Oregon and Miami shouldn’t want him.
    Hope he fucks off. He’s a terrible football coach/CEO. Oregon has won with lesser talent, against better talent, rather easily.

Justin Herbert made this guy famous in 2019.
    They held Justin back quite honestly.
    Tis true. They were ugly in 2019 until the p12 championship and Rose Bowl when they decided to let Herbert open it up and mix in the run. It changed the whole perspective on that season.

In fairness Oregon’s wr’s have sucked for years. But yeah they never cut him loose.
    This. Herbert had just shown Alpha physical specs before but was on his way to anyplace but the first round of the draft. Much more went into that season that just Herbert. Jevon Holland comes to mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Swaye said:

It's no secret I like Mario. I think you're wrong about him. Helfrich was a shit head coach. Lake was a shit head coach. Mario is a young head coach who has more to learn but definitely has upside. The former think they're cute and funny and know something the rest of us don't know and almost don't take their jobs seriously ... to such an extent that they're unaware of how bad they are. The latter want to be good and can be and legitimately get to work after a game like last night to get better.

His stubborness with A Brown is not something I can explain, but he's not the first HC to go down with his QB. And as others have said, it may say something about what's on the bench too.

He's organized, shoots pretty straight (he takes responsibility and did last night while also acknowledging when they've just been outplayed), brings in talent, and thus far has made pretty good hires. I also thought he handled the Levitt situation like a pro. He's certainly not the whole package yet but he has led your fucking team to a Rose Bowl win, got you ten wins and the North division again this season and it would be monumentally stupid for Oregon to let him go. Just MO. Getting talent in the door is job one and he does that as well as anyone. The rest remains to be seen.

I already watched the Beatles doc.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

Disagree. And I have spent 1000s of hours talking a walk on real beaches for perspective. Compared to what I am used to they were relatively closer to Ocean shores. Or, perhaps, if you prefer, central Oregon.

OK!

Ridiculous, but OK!
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Swaye said:

I honestly don't disagree. Lake Roosevelt has some beautiful beaches.
    If you're into arsenic and human dook
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    Swaye said:

World class city with arts, culture, food, women, weather and entertainment vs a methed out shithole with an Arby's.

How dare you besmirch Washington’s own Hope Solo!
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021

Swaye said:

It's no secret I like Mario. I think you're wrong about him. Helfrich was a shit head coach. Lake was a shit head coach. Mario is a young head coach who has more to learn but definitely has upside. The former think they're cute and funny and know something the rest of us don't know and almost don't take their jobs seriously ... to such an extent that they're unaware of how bad they are. The latter want to be good and can be and legitimately get to work after a game like last night to get better.

His stubborness with A Brown is not something I can explain, but he's not the first HC to go down with his QB. And as others have said, it may say something about what's on the bench too.

He's organized, shoots pretty straight (he takes responsibility and did last night while also acknowledging when they've just been outplayed), brings in talent, and thus far has made pretty good hires. I also thought he handled the Levitt situation like a pro. He's certainly not the whole package yet but he has led your fucking team to a Rose Bowl win, got you ten wins and the North division again this season and it would be monumentally stupid for Oregon to let him go. Just MO. Getting talent in the door is job one and he does that as well as anyone. The rest remains to be seen.

Mario is young: He’s 51 years old. Are you 90?

Mario is organized: Last night they came out of their own timeout with the wrong personnel on the field. They take terrible penalties. I literally predicted the PI call and the false start in the red zone, out loud, to my idiot friend sitting next to me. We’ll get to special teams later. I’m not sure where you see any organization what so ever. Organization is probably one of his worst qualities. I don’t even know what you’re talking about here.

Mario takes responsibility: Thats pretty much minimum requirements for a leader. You’ll notice he props himself up in the same sentence for taking responsibility. He’s makes sure you know he’s being very big about it. And let’s not forget he’s taking responsibility for terrible results.

Rose Bowl: Ugly football with Justin Herbert the entire season (his trademark) until the P12CG and the Rose when they told Herbert he could run. The vast majority of that team were not his players, most notably, the senior laden, offensive line. Those last two games changed the entire narrative of that season.

Now, we’ve just finished his fourth year. The defense is pedestrian. The offense is like watching a drunk try to solve a rubik’s cube and special teams are one of the worst I’ve ever seen at Oregon. Just awful on both sides.

This guy talks non stop about grit and the lines the lines the lines. Tell them you’re tough and they’ll start to believe it. It’s chum for idiots to froth at the mouth over. Both lines are above average, at best, 4 years in. When is that grit going to actually emerge? Year 6? Kyle Wittingham doesn’t talk about it. He just does it.

We have yet to see him develop even a serviceable quarterback.

Basically we’re now down to recruiting. Which is inarguably great. Oregon has won bigger games against bigger opponents with quite a bit less rated talent than this because they had a better coach or system in place.

Please hurry up and fire Diaz.

This was the abridged version.
    I can not disagree with one word here. When I listen to MC being interviewed he’s way to into using coach jargon.

Like he’s trying to convince listeners he really knows his shit. I’ve never heard another HC get so deep into the weeds.

His Furd clock management and end of game play calling was highly organized stuff.