Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I love Sonics but his take here is off. Haener is way better than Huard right now and we take him in a heartbeat.

Sonics also wasn’t a fan of DeBoner initially but has since come around. The same will happen with Haener and he’ll warm up to it.

If Sam portals because he had to sit out one year learning the system then good riddance

UW has a ton of soft players who think they are stars. If some transfer, good. Culture change.
    I agree

So enough of the hot Haener talk
    You’re showing your age. Old man.

Also go bears

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

i like how people are complaining about our dicks not being big enough but then balking at actually trying to win games next year

So the quitter coming back is trying to win games?

Interesting
    EWIWBI
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love Sonics but his take here is off. Haener is way better than Huard right now and we take him in a heartbeat.

Sonics also wasn’t a fan of DeBoner initially but has since come around. The same will happen with Haener and he’ll warm up to it.

If Sam portals because he had to sit out one year learning the system then good riddance

UW has a ton of soft players who think they are stars. If some transfer, good. Culture change.
    I agree

Also go bears

Quitters never win. Winners never quit

That will never be old

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

i like how people are complaining about our dicks not being big enough but then balking at actually trying to win games next year

Interesting
    America likes a redemption story.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huard needs to get the fuck out if he won't compete!!!!!!!

He does. Haener already did

Next man up
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 785
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    We do whatever gets Haener's mom back on campus.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    Can do both at the same time … the beauty of the portal

Also the last 2 classes while below standards combined basically equate to one class in size … the COVID eligibility rules are going to make things interesting for the next few years
    Most good transfer portal players go to the top programs. For every Bookie, Washington will get three Matins and Giles Jackson's.
    It’s hard to fathom how you can talk such a big game about recruiting and the program needing to do what is necessary to win yet you care about Sam Huard and his feelings.
    This is reminding me of the time DDY was pitching for "this and this recruit" to start over BBK even though BBK was lighting it up.
  • Options
    AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Interesting
    America likes a redemption story.
    What really be fucking hilarious is if he transferred back and Huard beat him out this time instead of Eason.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I see that the only person that agrees with me is @RaceBannon . Therefore I take back anything I said, and I would love Haener back. Also, fuck you, old man!

💀💀💀
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

I agree

Also go bears

That will never be old

Joe Burrow quit on Ohio St, Kyler Murray quit on A&M, Justin Fields quit on UGA. They all did okay for themselves.

Get with the times old man
    They didn't return to their school did they?

I love the portal. But once you go your gone.. Next
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I see that the only person that agrees with me is @RaceBannon . Therefore I take back anything I said, and I would love Haener back. Also, fuck you, old man!

We've been agreeing for months now

Sad
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

NEsnake12 said:

I agree

Also go bears

That will never be old

Joe Burrow quit on Ohio St, Kyler Murray quit on A&M, Justin Fields quit on UGA. They all did okay for themselves.

Get with the times old man
    They didn't return to their school did they?

I love the portal. But once you go your gone.. Next
    *you're
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Haener this year threw for 753 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT against Oregon and UCLA

Huard against WSU, arguably worse team than both Oregon and UCLA, threw for 190 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTS.

I am definitely not giving up on Huard but I also want the best players we can get to play and if that is Haener for a year so be it... especially in a familiar offense for him and one that isn't for Sam.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We've been agreeing for months now

Sad
    I know. This needs to stop.