Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    Tequilla said:

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    Can do both at the same time … the beauty of the portal

Also the last 2 classes while below standards combined basically equate to one class in size … the COVID eligibility rules are going to make things interesting for the next few years
    Most good transfer portal players go to the top programs. For every Bookie, Washington will get three Matins and Giles Jackson's.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I hope Sam would stay but he's bottom line not a game-changing talent at this level. If he could run a 4.4 that would be different.

He can get much better and would be great in DeBoer's offense eventually. Righ now he needs to learn a ton and humble himself.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    edited November 2021
    It didn’t sound like Haener is coming back during his presser
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    As far as a culture change goes I want players to think they have to come in and compete, not just given the red carpet treatment coming out of high school because of their recruiting ranking. It’s 2021 and I get that the QB position is different especially with the portal and if Sam had played this year and looked pretty good I could see your argument a bit better. But he wasn’t able to beat out Morris who likes to regularly throw into triple coverage and looked TERRIBLE in his first start. Yes the team gave up and played a part but he didn’t do anything well that game, at all. He shouldn’t automatically be handed the starting job if competition is brought in.

And again it’s one season IF it happens and if Huard isn’t willing to sit and learn for one more season behind a QB who has had success in this current offense then that says a lot about him and his mentality.
    Jake Haener couldn't beat out Jake Browning and Jacob Eason.
    3 years ago lol. If we were bringing Haener back and he hadn’t improved since then sure ok that would be weird. He improved dramatically since then and is better than anyone we currently have as someone eluded too.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Can do both at the same time … the beauty of the portal

Also the last 2 classes while below standards combined basically equate to one class in size … the COVID eligibility rules are going to make things interesting for the next few years
    Most good transfer portal players go to the top programs. For every Bookie, Washington will get three Matins and Giles Jackson's.
    I’m far from a fan of leveraging the portal to build a program

That said there are plenty of opportunities to leverage the portal to fill any holes in recruiting … today’s world means that you should be able to upgrade your ILB room to avoid having to play Kyler Manu as a starter in 2019
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

It didn’t sound like Haener is coming back during his presser

Sounds like it's up to Jake but he's wanted. I bet he's waiting to see if Tedford remains.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’d love this. I think everyone has some ptsd over how many qbs have left in the portal. Bring on any and all good players!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Agree with Sonics but 6 and 6 should be a possibility with a bowl win maybe is what I’m expecting
    There’s 8 very winnable games on next year’s schedule
    Every game is winnable. We’re in a shitty conference. Play to win it. They probably won’t but let’s let everyone prove they suck first with some decent coaching. I am expecting at least 8 wins next year. Apologies in advance.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

This is dumb. If they don’t lay a dud against Hawaii they would have won the MWC. The reason to take him is that he is better than what we have.
    But you're going to get a few of that dud games from Haener that's just who he is. He's going to have a few of those games where he just throws a bunch of picks.
    You mean like 4 interceptions vs WSU?
    1 game sample size with Huard compared to an multiple-season sample size with Haener.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,280
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I doubt @HaenerForHeisman is coming back, he probably doesn't like Pete(for picking Eason over him) and is content to play with his homies at Fresno. At this point, I would take him back, he showed some swag against UCLA and had a great season