Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

dnc said:

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Why not? The defense shouldn't be any worse than what we saw and the offense should take a huge step forward, especially with a competent QB. Give Sam a year to get actual coaching and be ready to kill it as a junior.

I'm all for taking Haener.
    I’m hearing another 10 win Season, rather easily.
    @Salemcoug, sarcasmically dialed in.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,353
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Later guys

Nothings changed with me

HaenerInterception.gif
    The old Race would have found the gif and posted it instead of this lazy shit.
    The old Race would have dusted off his photoshop machine and created the gif from scratch.

And we would all say he’s done it again.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,353
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 6
    godawgst said:

HFNY said:

UW was only a functioning scheme and QB away from 1 or 2 losses last year. It's not a rebuild.

The team went 4-8, will have back-to-back mediocre recruiting classes, and a decent amount of talent leave the program; it's a rebuild.
    Covid eligibility actually helped UW a lot during this transition in keeping the roster stuffed. Plus the 2021 class ranked #3 in the Pac-12 in terms of average rating of recruits and though the current 2022 class only has 9 commits, it is actually a little higher in terms of average rating.

There aren't many starters moving on and I suspect we won't see many players hit the portal because they will be enjoying a better staff than they previously would have had. In other words, I don't see any starters hitting the portal except for maybe Jalen McMillan. Hopefully Bynum comes back and Kyler Gordon comes back (McDuffie gone).

https://ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/washington/92453

So the worst I see DeBoer doing next year is 7-5 (losses to Michigan at home, ASU on the road, Oregon on the road, UCLA on the road, and WSU on the road). That is a decent first year and primed for a big jump in his 2nd year, just like he had at Fresno State and Sioux Falls.

And he just said "reloading" in his kick-ass presser so that settles it ;)
    That big jump in 2023 includes getting SC and Utah back on schedule replacing CU and one of the Arizona Schools I believe.

Right at the time the two shitty/undersized classes should become the backbone of your team.

Brakes = Pump

I know I probably posted similar stuff, but whoa, nailed it.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

This whole year was coaching malpractice. Plenty of talent on the roster and depth issues can be supplemented by the portal anyways.

Fudgie dialed in
    Never wrong just early