Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FSDogs1 said:

Well you've decapitated our program.

I have no problem with DeBoer poaching Haener. But Haener entering the transfer portal BEFORE our bowl game strikes me as incredibly selfish.

If I'm DeBoer I don't want him falling for another coach and I do want to start firming up my roster.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    Haener left rather than compete. Fuck him
    He did compete. I'll bet anything that he outperformed Eason in fall camp. And Pete still gave the job to Eason in the 11th hour. I don't blame Haener at all for leaving. And by the way, he competed his ass off this season to the tune of 3,810 yards and 32 TDs / 9 ints.
    If he beat him he'd win the job

I hate Petersen but not as much as many of you

I'm surprised
    You used to tout coaches choosing the wrong QB all the time. You love to argue but you have no consistency and are arguing simply to argue.

Haener is better than we have. He knows the offense. Whoever said they would rather have Rattler, I agree, but it’s close. Haener coming back would not be a bad thing.
    Petersen chose skinny. Wasn't forced by Dennis or anyone else. Right or wrong.

There's a dozen qbs at least that will transfer

The Haener love is bizarre but we're a mountain west school now and the fans love it

I am with you that skinny was better at the time. Skinny was good until teams moved him off his spot and then he was worthless. Haener was and still is turnover prone. But he improved a lot. If he wants to come so be it. I hope the best player plays. Just because all the other qb’s go into the portal doesn’t mean they would entertain coming to uw. I would rather have rattler but get it while the gettin is good.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FSDogs1 said:

I have no problem with DeBoer poaching Haener. But Haener entering the transfer portal BEFORE our bowl game strikes me as incredibly selfish.

That is pretty messed up.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Lowkey one of the funniest things The Onion ever produced.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021
    LawDawg1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

That is pretty messed up.
    It is. But whatever. Just win. It’s the Washington way. The program is at its best when we’re dirty.
  • Options
    FSDogs1FSDogs1 Member Posts: 33
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

FSDogs1 said:

If I'm DeBoer I don't want him falling for another coach and I do want to start firming up my roster.
    I have no issue with what DeBoer is doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Jake Browning is ourº best QB since Tui, and he'll probably retain that dubious distinction for a while yet. That's how bad Warshington QB recruitment and development has been. For the program, no downside bringing in Haen V3 in for a shot at it, again.

Cody Pickett > Keith Price >> Jake Locker > Jake Browning
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Jake Browning is ourº best QB since Tui, and he'll probably retain that dubious distinction for a while yet. That's how bad Warshington QB recruitment and development has been. For the program, no downside bringing in Haen V3 in for a shot at it, again.

I like my QBs to have won conference titles. And I love REAL Jake.
  • Options
    soforksofork Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Haener is just an average quarterback. Not pac 12 caliber.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    He did compete. I'll bet anything that he outperformed Eason in fall camp. And Pete still gave the job to Eason in the 11th hour. I don't blame Haener at all for leaving. And by the way, he competed his ass off this season to the tune of 3,810 yards and 32 TDs / 9 ints.

I'm surprised
    You used to tout coaches choosing the wrong QB all the time. You love to argue but you have no consistency and are arguing simply to argue.

Haener is better than we have. He knows the offense. Whoever said they would rather have Rattler, I agree, but it’s close. Haener coming back would not be a bad thing.

The Haener love is bizarre but we're a mountain west school now and the fans love it

Maybe because he played well all season, including against two of the better PAC 12 teams?

You want to see Morris and Huard?
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

I like my QBs to have won conference titles. And I love REAL Jake.
    I like my QBs to have the Death Row Defense too!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    De Laura and Haener are by far and away the best pac 12 QBs as things stand right now. I’d rather have Haener than Rattler. Kinda similar players but Haener’s not a cancer.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm surprised

Maybe because he played well all season, including against two of the better PAC 12 teams?

You want to see Morris and Huard?
    Why is that my choice?

I watched Fresno twice

Nothing special
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

the “hes not a pac12 qb” shit is just a bad schtick at this point. damones schtick has been bad for years but still.

He's not

He's mountain west

Plain facts