Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoner > Campbell

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Lots of shit takes in this thread. Matt Campbell...what a backwater loser.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Feels like this worked out pretty well from my perspective.

LIPO obviously. But I wouldn’t be to thrilled if we were replacing MC with the guy from Fresno and I’m not exactly the biggest Cristobal fan.

It's LIPO for sure, but he's been winner everywhere and schemed circles around Meat.

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023

There's supposedly some Twitter chat involving Taki, Bruener, and a few others that suggests Derham Cato told them Campbell was the hire. I haven't found it but it's being vaguely discussed on doogman

From what I heard is we upped the offer last night and haven't gotten a response back. We told him we would move with Kalen if it's not agreed to by tomorrow morning, hence Brock's tweet. But nothing from the talks has indicated he is serious about coming here this whole time. He's dead to me.
    Still very interesting. @sonics1993 im on the fence with both DeBoer and Campbell. Which of those two would be better for this program. More importantly which would hire the better staff and be more of a relentless recruiter we are looking for?
    I prefer Campbell, but I can see Deboer having success as well. I think Deboer is the bigger risk and will have a more significant learning curve. Like the board has said, whoever gets hired will probably suck anyway, so why worry. I don't give a fuck anymore.
    I remember my I don’t give a fuck anymore phase
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

haie said:

LIPO obviously. But I wouldn’t be to thrilled if we were replacing MC with the guy from Fresno and I’m not exactly the biggest Cristobal fan.

It's LIPO for sure, but he's been winner everywhere and schemed circles around Meat.
    He didn’t win anything at Fresno as a head coach. They won before he became head coach though.

Can only imagine what you’d be up to on the refuge if MC left and we hired the Fresno State coach.

Anyway, not here to party. Just to say I was mildly concerned you all might be able to pull something off. This is probably best case scenario from UO perspective. (Other than Wilcox)

Take all the screen shots you need.
    The Fresno State coach almost beat your ass
    then he became the UW coach and beat that ass.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

He didn’t win anything at Fresno as a head coach. They won before he became head coach though.

Can only imagine what you’d be up to on the refuge if MC left and we hired the Fresno State coach.

Anyway, not here to party. Just to say I was mildly concerned you all might be able to pull something off. This is probably best case scenario from UO perspective. (Other than Wilcox)

Take all the screen shots you need.
    The Fresno State coach almost beat your ass
    then he became the UW coach and beat that ass.
    He gave the roundin a poundin