Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoner > Campbell

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Kalen will absolutely get smoked on the recruiting trail. Washington desperately needs a big name to compete with Mario and Lincoln.

I don't buy this. He's going to know how important recruiting is. He's a successful, hard working coach who has done what he needed to do to kick ass at every job he has had. It's stupid, in my opinion, to assume he's going to struggle in recruiting. Name means jack shit. It's all about who identifies the right guys, works the hardest, and sells the best.

DeBoer will recruit fine.
    He has absolutely no idea what it takes to be good at recruiting. Even Pete struggled his first couple of years at recruiting, and he was known nationally. Until you have gone through recruiting against USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, you don't know the challenges it presents and what it takes to win those battles.
    It can be argued Pete’s first two classes were his best performing classes.
    Rather easily, though I think a lot of that is due to him burning out toward the end. Once he lost interest, discipline started to slip
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I'm not talking myself into this. So he'll probably be incredible
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

chuck said:

Kalen will absolutely get smoked on the recruiting trail. Washington desperately needs a big name to compete with Mario and Lincoln.

I don't buy this. He's going to know how important recruiting is. He's a successful, hard working coach who has done what he needed to do to kick ass at every job he has had. It's stupid, in my opinion, to assume he's going to struggle in recruiting. Name means jack shit. It's all about who identifies the right guys, works the hardest, and sells the best.

He has absolutely no idea what it takes to be good at recruiting. Even Pete struggled his first couple of years at recruiting, and he was known nationally. Until you have gone through recruiting against USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, you don't know the challenges it presents and what it takes to win those battles.
    Just think if Petersen had someone better at recruiting wide receiver than Brent Pease. Even with that it's possible he could have won just one of those big time bowls or games. I agree that those early classes turned out to be really good though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    God, I love hope. It makes us delusional. Deboner might be good
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 791
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Exactly this is what we say when we pay the bitch bucks…he “might” be “good”, right?

When you break the bank and pay the big bucks, you get to say, shoot, we gotta a shot to win multiple mutherfucking championships.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RTD said:

FireCohen said:

Exactly this is what we say when we pay the bitch bucks…he “might” be “good”, right?

When you break the bank and pay the big bucks, you get to say, shoot, we gotta a shot to win multiple mutherfucking championships.

And hire who?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

And hire who?
    Hire the ewu coach.

You doogs are pathetic. Justify mediocrity. That’s the UW way.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

And hire who?
    Hire the ewu coach.

So when asked you give troll responses like the EWU coach and Nick Saban

That's what I fucking thought lmao.

Miserable bitch
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

And hire who?
    Hire the ewu coach.

Miserable bitch
    Fuck off doog. You deserve what uw is.

You think DeBoer is better than the EWU coach? If so, why?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,575
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am going to follow the rules

Rule 1: Shit hire until it isn't
  • Options
    Founders Club

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

And hire who?
    Hire the ewu coach.

Miserable bitch
    Fuck off doog. You deserve what uw is.
    Hire Bill Belichick with Urban Meyer at quality control!!!

Retard
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Very true
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Your recruiting takes are and always have been half retarded. Petersen didn't struggle recruiting at first. How many fucking NFL players and all conference players came out of his first two classes?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Your recruiting takes are and always have been half retarded. Petersen didn't struggle recruiting at first. How many fucking NFL players and all conference players came out of his first two classes?
    Sonics falls victim to the stars
  • Options
    Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    Founders Club

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrockHuard/status/1465105646856986629

Why tweet this? You’d think he knows who the hire is.

Brock needs to step away from Twitter and go kick Mike Salk out to the curb at 710
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

And hire who?
    Hire the ewu coach.

Hire nobody until saban says yes.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

chuck said:

Sonics falls victim to the stars
    Very true. Those stars are like crack to me.