Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL 2021- 22 Ski Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

7 inches at the house. Sledding is great. Haven't been able to ski for a few seasons and I might be desperate enough to do some cross country around the hood this afternoon.

Brand new Tudor. No skiing in years. Sad.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,482
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

7 inches at the house. Sledding is great. Haven't been able to ski for a few seasons and I might be desperate enough to do some cross country around the hood this afternoon.

Brand new Tudor. No skiing in years. Sad.
    Very sad. I'll be back up with regularity once the oldest kid can go with me for lessons.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

Finally up to a 50
    Inch base at Mt White Wakanda. Plenty more on the way and about to be cold as fuck.

Got lil piss 2.0 up on skis for the first time. 4 years and 3 months

Got myself up to Crystal yesterday for my birff. Snow was fantastic for this tim of year. It looks like it's going to continue to dump the next few days - according to the Powder Poohbah.

Unfortunately it looks like I flushed away $600 on my season pass at Stevens. I can't tolerate the complete mismanagement of that resort. All the social medias are saying things went from terrible (last year) to worse (this year).

Sad. I loved that place.

No kidding, Jimmy Lake must be their new GM. They're having "epic" snow fall for late December, and Vail hasn't hired enough staff to open Big Chief, Tye Mill, and the entire backside. Completely blew what'll end up being one of the best stretches of the season.

The bland corporate response is to point the finger at covid, but every other nearby resort has managed to navigate the labor issue and operate at 100%.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:
    Lotta backcountry knuckle heads out there.

In other news Yella had to fire up the snow blower this AM.

Bachelor has received 3 feet in the past 72 hrs.
    My dance worked it appears. I accept payment in beads or dick pics.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,799
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You guys are fags.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

pawz said:
    Lotta backcountry knuckle heads out there.

In other news Yella had to fire up the snow blower this AM.

Bachelor has received 3 feet in the past 72 hrs.
    My dance worked it appears. I accept payment in beads or dick pics.
    I’ve sent enough wife pics.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys are fags.

Summit chair is still closed. No above tree line stuff yet.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I really have no words. I fucking knew better than to buy a season pass at Stevens. I did because hand full of friends that I normally ride with did too.

The 30,000+ signature petition that is floating around to demand Vail refund season pass money, I'm like signature number 80. They won't do it I think, unless the State AG gets involved. Which he might. I hope.

But most likely I lit $650 on fire.

I still have my Ikon pass and enjoyed 2+ feet of new snow at Alpental on Wednesday. Wore me out, I don't have my legs under me yet.

Sounds like with this storm that rolled through, nothing is open for the foreseable future (aka Sunday).

Except Crystal. They rock.

Fuck Vail.

• Options
    Founders Club
    In the Alpental porking lot, I christened a spot in @YellowSnow's honor. On the right.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

In the Alpental porking lot, I christened a spot in @YellowSnow's honor. On the right.

Watch out where the Huskies go.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

I really have no words. I fucking knew better than to buy a season pass at Stevens. I did because hand full of friends that I normally ride with did too.

The 30,000+ signature petition that is floating around to demand Vail refund season pass money, I'm like signature number 80. They won't do it I think, unless the State AG gets involved. Which he might. I hope.

I still have my Ikon pass and enjoyed 2+ feet of new snow at Alpental on Wednesday. Wore me out, I don't have my legs under me yet.

Sounds like with this storm that rolled through, nothing is open for the foreseable future (aka Sunday).

Fuck Vail.

I hope the AG goes after Vail.

I have a very close fren who was a Director at Stevens for many years.

What they did to that place is criminal.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Fuck Vail.

The fine-print of the Season pass basically says they can take your money and fuck you for whatever reason.

However the implied agreement is that you own the risk of weather, injury and time/ability to ride. They own the responsibility of operating the mountain at full, advertised capacity. Everybody understands that once in awhile - even a handful of times per season - the weather gods say fuck you.

But adding labor is a simple equation. You need to do what it takes to attract bodies. Based on their history of dealing with labor the last 3 years, they simply WON'T do what it takes.

All while sitting on $1.2 BILLION in cash.

When you can work at the McDonalds in Sultan for $18.75/hr and save the 40-minute drive both directions extra for $15/hr, I don't blame anyone for sending Vail the #1-salute.

Trash as fuck is right, you know.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Fuck Vail.

I would love to hear any of the inside details you can share. And the ones you can't, PM @pawz.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    JFC. This is an INSANE, MASSIVE controlled avy today at Crystal. As I understand it wiped out an entire run and made a new one with the trees demolished.

The break point at the top is taller than ski patrol (see photo). Speculated to take away all the snow since November.

Disappointing they didn't record any video for this one.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Fuck Vail.

I would love to hear any of the inside details you can share. And the ones you can't, PM @pawz.

I will post a summary soon. Nothing is confidential.

Seriously fuck Vail and fuck Altera. They are ruining skiing every where.

There was no parking issue at Crystal pre Ikon pass BTW.

https://www.parkrecord.com/opinion/columns/tom-clyde-this-is-the-year-we-broke-it/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

JFC. This is an INSANE, MASSIVE controlled avy today at Crystal. As I understand it wiped out an entire run and made a new one with the trees demolished.

The break point at the top is taller than ski patrol (see photo). Speculated to take away all the snow since November.

Disappointing they didn't record any video for this one.

Not many avalanches at Bachelor. Too low angle.

But Tree Well danger is extreme. I made frens in the porking lot with some UW grads today and found the goods. Both ex patrollers to save me. Good powder was had.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,482
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Fuck Vail.

I quit going to Stevens 5 years back, prior to not being able to do much of any skiing in general. The place is so mismanaged. Parking became a complete disaster, lines were horrendous, etc. I'd rather go to a smaller mountain like White than deal with the places that are run by the mega corps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Fuck Vail.

I quit going to Stevens 5 years back, prior to not being able to do much of any skiing in general. The place is so mismanaged. Parking became a complete disaster, lines were horrendous, etc. I'd rather go to a smaller mountain like White than deal with the places that are run by the mega corps.
    ROE ruins skiing always. Iron Law.

Go fuck yourself finance bored fags.