Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL 2021- 22 Ski Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Obligatory

Best part of the snow bunnies? The moguls.

ba dum tish
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    alumni94 said:

Swaye said:

Obligatory

Best part of the snow bunnies? The moguls.

ba dum tish
    I'd edgie wedgie the fuck out of those peaks.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kaepsknee said:

Looks like it won’t be until near Xmas before anything opens up for real in the States.

I’m hearing they had an FIS comp at Killngton last weekend. So they must be open.

https://cdn-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/AW/s/cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/211129101902-mikaela-shiffrin-medium-plus-169.jpg

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/mikaela-shiffrin-bikini-photo-1624986594.jpg
    So much wood.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Kaepsknee said:

Looks like it won’t be until near Xmas before anything opens up for real in the States.

Last weekend was fucking brutal to the PNW snow pack.
    Not looking good Pod. We were 4 x 4 ing on some logging roads to cut down the Christmas tree last weekend. Should have had plenty of snow on them but were just muddy.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

pawz said:

Kaepsknee said:

Not looking good Pod. We were 4 x 4 ing on some logging roads to cut down the Christmas tree last weekend. Should have had plenty of snow on them but were just muddy.

November 28, 2021
    Hello skiers,

The weather remains mild, with more rain than snow falling on the slopes. I do see cooler air moving in later in the week, with the incoming airflow changing direction by Thursday, coming from the west-northwest.

The high snow levels the last few days means snow accumulation has been infrequent and not impressive. Mild air continues to stream in from the southwest, but the moisture from the most recent atmospheric river (AR) is easing and there will be a break Monday. There is one more AR to come. A new and final AR moves in Tuesday, mainly into southern BC and the north Central Cascades.

Monday will see a little rain snow mix, but nothing to get excited about, as we are between storms. A new AR will move in on Tuesday as the snow levels bounce up (5,500-7,000ft). It’s another day of rain falling in the Cascades as a warm front and AR cause the snow levels to soar. The wet weather will continue into Wednesday as the snow levels rise to 8,000 and then 9,000ft – unfortunately that is above the highest ski slopes.

Cooler air will move in at the end of this AR storm, late Wednesday and early Thursday. Finally, there will be snow accumulation, mainly north Cascades (3-7”) as the AR dissipates and cooler air gets pulled in behind the storm.

Friday and into the early part of the weekend looks cool and finally with low snow levels, but we run out of moisture. Expect little if any snow accumulation. By later Sunday into Monday, the snowfall looks modest (4-8”). I’ll update later Thursday or Friday.

Larry Schick
    meteorologist
    The Grand Poobah

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Kaepsknee said:

November 28, 2021
    Hello skiers,

The weather remains mild, with more rain than snow falling on the slopes. I do see cooler air moving in later in the week, with the incoming airflow changing direction by Thursday, coming from the west-northwest.

The high snow levels the last few days means snow accumulation has been infrequent and not impressive. Mild air continues to stream in from the southwest, but the moisture from the most recent atmospheric river (AR) is easing and there will be a break Monday. There is one more AR to come. A new and final AR moves in Tuesday, mainly into southern BC and the north Central Cascades.

Monday will see a little rain snow mix, but nothing to get excited about, as we are between storms. A new AR will move in on Tuesday as the snow levels bounce up (5,500-7,000ft). It’s another day of rain falling in the Cascades as a warm front and AR cause the snow levels to soar. The wet weather will continue into Wednesday as the snow levels rise to 8,000 and then 9,000ft – unfortunately that is above the highest ski slopes.

Cooler air will move in at the end of this AR storm, late Wednesday and early Thursday. Finally, there will be snow accumulation, mainly north Cascades (3-7”) as the AR dissipates and cooler air gets pulled in behind the storm.

Friday and into the early part of the weekend looks cool and finally with low snow levels, but we run out of moisture. Expect little if any snow accumulation. By later Sunday into Monday, the snowfall looks modest (4-8”). I’ll update later Thursday or Friday.

Larry Schick
    meteorologist
    The Grand Poobah

Can you post everyone of his emails?
  • Options

Kaepsknee said:

I’m hearing they had an FIS comp at Killngton last weekend. So they must be open.

https://cdn-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/AW/s/cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/211129101902-mikaela-shiffrin-medium-plus-169.jpg

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/mikaela-shiffrin-bikini-photo-1624986594.jpg
    Skier chicks know how to do nasty things.

• Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

Kaepsknee said:

November 28, 2021
    Hello skiers,

Larry Schick
    meteorologist
    The Grand Poobah

Can you post everyone of his emails?
    Thanks for reading!

• Options
    Founders Club
    Winter is coming.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    pawz said:

Winter is coming.

This La Niña is all sizzle and no steak.

Fuck.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winter is coming.

Fuck.
    I'm hearing 15-25" expected this week in the cascades. Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.
  • Options

pawz said:

Winter is coming.

Fuck.
    It’s a variant of the real La Niña.

• Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winter is coming.

Fuck.
    It’s a variant of the real La Niña.

The nosnowmicron varient.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Winter is coming.

Fuck.
    I'm hearing 15-25" expected this week in the cascades. Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.
    Yeah, seems to be what I'm seeing for Oree-gone as well.

Doesn't help Yeller much. I don't own rock skis and can't afford to take a core shot right now.

You should see all these fuckers that hike Mt. Flatchelor in the early season and ski on a 12" base.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

Winter is coming.

Fuck.
    Yeah, seems to be what I'm seeing for Oree-gone as well.

Doesn't help Yeller much. I don't own rock skis and can't afford to take a core shot right now.

You should see all these fuckers that hike Mt. Flatchelor in the early season and ski on a 12" base.
    I don't know what any of this means but I'd still like to sing up for your newsletter.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/new-snow-to-fall-in-cascades-12-18-inches-of-snow-expected/ar-AARBPCm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

@Swaye There is an redman rain dance. But is there a redman Snow Dance?

I will do lots of peyote, fire water and dance all night/week/month for more snow.

• Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/new-snow-to-fall-in-cascades-12-18-inches-of-snow-expected/ar-AARBPCm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

@Swaye There is an redman rain dance. But is there a redman Snow Dance?

I will do lots of peyote, fire water and dance all night/week/month for more snow.

Classics. Gifs. Belongs.