Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL 2021- 22 Ski Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/new-snow-to-fall-in-cascades-12-18-inches-of-snow-expected/ar-AARBPCm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

@Swaye There is an redman rain dance. But is there a redman Snow Dance?

I will do lots of peyote, fire water and dance all night/week/month for more snow.

The redman snow dance is working.

This AfternoonA 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    TonightA 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 10pm. Patchy blowing snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 27 by 3am. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
    SaturdaySnow. High near 32. Southwest wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
    Saturday NightSnow. Low around 23. Southwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
    SundaySnow. High near 27. Southwest wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
    Sunday NightSnow. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
    MondaySnow. High near 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/new-snow-to-fall-in-cascades-12-18-inches-of-snow-expected/ar-AARBPCm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

I will do lots of peyote, fire water and dance all night/week/month for more snow.

This AfternoonA 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    TonightA 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 10pm. Patchy blowing snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 27 by 3am. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
    SaturdaySnow. High near 32. Southwest wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
    Saturday NightSnow. Low around 23. Southwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
    SundaySnow. High near 27. Southwest wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
    Sunday NightSnow. Low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
    MondaySnow. High near 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
    When them freshies get to be a foot or more, i go deep into the quiver ...

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Family has the annual trip setup for a Big Bear weekend at a massive cabin. If the snow sucks I'll just do like @Swaye and get hammered and play shuffleboard then maybe pass out in the hot tub.

Smart enough to have it in late January this year. Still going to have to wait and see if we get snow. Baldy got some dusting this week at least.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

pawz said:

J?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Family has the annual trip setup for a Big Bear weekend at a massive cabin. If the snow sucks I'll just do like @Swaye and get hammered and play shuffleboard then maybe pass out in the hot tub.

Smart enough to have it in late January this year. Still going to have to wait and see if we get snow. Baldy got some dusting this week at least.

The skiing is shit as fuck but I do love me some big bear.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The skiing is shit as fuck but I do love me some big bear.
    2? Years ago it actually dumped. When it does it's actually tits because like Utah/Wyoming it's dry af but even better none of the Californians know how to mountain ride so you can ski off track pow lines all day.

Most days if I'm alone I ride a board instead just to throw big wide ss's like I'm surfing. Did the same thing when it was sloppy in the cascades all spring back in my Husky Winter sports days.

In the process of teaching the kiddos atm so most days are skis and bunny hills with a soar back. It does have the advantage of being done early for the hot tub and happy hour.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

pawz said:

pawz said:

J?
    Yes.

www.jskis.com

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don’t forget the Chernobyl. The 80’s were the tits.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I even got Mrs. Swaye out there last night. Expect the snow.

TYFYS, Redman.

May ye tis the season with firewater for you and your kin.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Swaye said:

I even got Mrs. Swaye out there last night. Expect the snow.

TYFYS, Redman.

May ye tis the season with firewater for you and your kin.

Yes TYFYS hatchet packer!

Not sticking at the moment in at casa de Yella. But 5 mins up there road it’s dumping.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Finally up to a 50
    Inch base at Mt White Wakanda. Plenty more on the way and about to be cold as fuck.

Got lil piss 2.0 up on skis for the first time. 4 years and 3 months
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

Finally up to a 50
    Inch base at Mt White Wakanda. Plenty more on the way and about to be cold as fuck.

Got myself up to Crystal yesterday for my birff. Snow was fantastic for this tim of year. It looks like it's going to continue to dump the next few days - according to the Powder Poohbah.

Unfortunately it looks like I flushed away $600 on my season pass at Stevens. I can't tolerate the complete mismanagement of that resort. All the social medias are saying things went from terrible (last year) to worse (this year).

Sad. I loved that place.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Finally up to a 50

Got myself up to Crystal yesterday for my birff. Snow was fantastic for this tim of year. It looks like it's going to continue to dump the next few days - according to the Powder Poohbah.

Unfortunately it looks like I flushed away $600 on my season pass at Stevens. I can't tolerate the complete mismanagement of that resort. All the social medias are saying things went from terrible (last year) to worse (this year).

Sad. I loved that place.

Skiing in WA can’t survive BIG skiing- ie ikon and altera. Unless you’re a mid week bruh. Fuck Vail. Fuck Ikon.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Finally up to a 50

Sad. I loved that place.

Skiing in WA can’t survive BIG skiing- ie ikon and altera. Unless you’re a mid week bruh. Fuck Vail. Fuck Ikon.
    So far - from my limited experience - Ikon has been great.

Fuck Vail.

• Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:
    I got knee deep this AM for a few hours. But it was minus 10 with windchill and some chairs on wind hold.

The Indian family in a Tesla stuck in the parking lot was pretty funny.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    7 inches at the house. Sledding is great. Haven't been able to ski for a few seasons and I might be desperate enough to do some cross country around the hood this afternoon.