Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon gonna kick the snot out of the dawgs

12346»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Anybody have injury news? I have a feeling there will be something.

UW fans find out who is injured when they don't show up on the sideline. Usually hear some explanation around halftime when the TV announcers get it.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

One thing I have noticed is the UW likes to score very few points at least in one half of each game. How many times has JD's offense been shut out for 1/2 of a game? 12?
    So if we don't score in the first half and keep the ducks below 14 we have a chance to come roaring back in the second half and take the lead early 4th Q 14-10, then falling apart and losing 31-14. pushing the dicks, I mean ducks to number 3 in the BCS rankings

JonDon's offense is only able to score in 1 of 4 quarters setting new lows for the hopes of dwags everywhere.

I went through every game under Lake/JonDon. In 8 of 12 games, the Washington offense has gone an entire half of football without scoring a touchdown. Two of those games that they did score in both halves were against Arizona and Arkansas State, among the worse defenses in FBS. This is fucking atrocious for modern college football.

Oregon State - No TDs in second half
    Arizona - TDs in both halves
    Utah - No TDs in first half
    Stanford - No TDs in first half

Montana - No TDs in second half
    Michigan - No TDs in first half

Ark State - TDs in both halves
    Cal - No TD in second half (scored TD in OT)
    Oregon State - TDs in both halves
    UCLA - TDs in both halves
    Arizona - No TDs in first half
    Stanford - No TDs in first half

Even Average Offenses in College football get 28 ppg.

With the rules, and offenses using the width of the field so much better to exploit matchups, any modern offense has 17 points in their pocket just for getting off the bus on game day. The fact that is essentially our ceiling after backing out Arky State CC tells you how completely inept and broken the offense it.

• SanchoSancho Member Posts: 251
    lawsandl said:

I Herd yall down to WR's ar safety will be impressive to watch them be more physical than Asa
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

I Herd yall down to WR's ar safety will be impressive to watch them be more physical than Asa
    Bryan Addison lol. I think he gave up three TDs to Colorado last week. But I won’t remember him for that. I’ll remember him for dropping a short TD pass against Auburn where Herbert hit him right between the fucking numbers. On the next play they snapped it over Herbert’s 6’6” head and Auburn had a 90 yard fumble return. Addison did hustle down to make the tackle and prevent the TD.

Injury news: Travis Dye, Devon Williams, TJ Bass, and Alex Forsyth out on offense. Johnny Johnson III out for first half due to targeting. Bradyn Swinson, Mykael Wright, Verone McKinley, Jeff Bassa, and Brandon Dorlus out on defense. Noah Sewell a game time decision.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

They have an alpha dog mentality when they play us. We’ll shit the bed then roll over and let them walk all over us late. 14-10 UW at halftime turns into a 31-21 Oregon win

That's why I like the shit talk and swagger

Can't hurt. The last two games against Oregon followed your scenario

I have often said that Oregon didn't suck long enough to lose their expectation of winning games. UW did

They definitely had the loser mentality/underdog expectation in 2017 and 2018 from listening to Portland radio. In 2017, they wouldn't play Herbert because they couldn't stomach losing in Seattle with him in the game.

Mario spewed his bullshit, got lucky in 2018, and then rode a burnt out Pete to make the bullshit come true.
    Herbert was perfectly fine in 2017. They sat him to protect him
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

Bryan Addison lol. I think he gave up three TDs to Colorado last week. But I won’t remember him for that. I’ll remember him for dropping a short TD pass against Auburn where Herbert hit him right between the fucking numbers. On the next play they snapped it over Herbert’s 6’6” head and Auburn had a 90 yard fumble return. Addison did hustle down to make the tackle and prevent the TD.

Injury news: Travis Dye, Devon Williams, TJ Bass, and Alex Forsyth out on offense. Johnny Johnson III out for first half due to targeting. Bradyn Swinson, Mykael Wright, Verone McKinley, Jeff Bassa, and Brandon Dorlus out on defense. Noah Sewell a game time decision.
    Is this the UW make-a-wish injury list.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

I was intrigued
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

I was deeply troubled as were all true dwags. *We all just hope for a fair and clean contest with no injuries or hurt feelings for the hard working young UW student athletes and *our gainfully employed young rivals from the Nike factory.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    The honorable thing to do is forfeit
    lawsandl said:

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

I like to be the bearer of good news. That it’s fake is secondary.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

lawsandl said:

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

Genie said no Thibodeaux, huh?
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

Genie said no Thibodeaux, huh?
    I have heard he’s Josh Shirley, shouldn’t be of any concern.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam

Sancho said:

lawsandl said:

Sweet. So lose by 21 instead of 40+.