Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon gonna kick the snot out of the dawgs

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

I think we lose and we will still be pissed, but we aren’t getting curb stomped. We don’t get blown out, and Oregon doesn’t blow anyone out.

Our run defense is horrible, but even if it is, Oregon will lean on that, we will play our typical boring offense, and it will be close.

I cannot see us moving the ball. Like at all. Morris dropping back to pass is gonna be hilarious. WR’s will likely get pissed and show frustration. I would be shocked if we could run the ball.
    Oregon’s secondary is twash as fuck
    We? will test them deep
    It’s the intermediate middle that gets exploited.

Btw, until we know of the injury news, I won’t bet one way or the other.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    The simple fact is Dmo has an extremely limited route tree. He can't throw a ball unless it is a line drive slant pass. He missed Odunze badly in the endzone and numerous others. He did hit McMillan and he is lucky McMillan can play the position well. On top of that o-line doesn't provide much time in pass pro. Happy to be wrong about this game.

I think we lose and we will still be pissed, but we aren’t getting curb stomped. We don’t get blown out, and Oregon doesn’t blow anyone out.

Our run defense is horrible, but even if it is, Oregon will lean on that, we will play our typical boring offense, and it will be close.

I cannot see us moving the ball. Like at all. Morris dropping back to pass is gonna be hilarious. WR’s will likely get pissed and show frustration. I would be shocked if we could run the ball.
    So was UCLA's. How did DMo look in that game?
    jecornel said:

The simple fact is Dmo has an extremely limited route tree. He can't throw a ball unless it is a line drive slant pass. He missed Odunze badly in the endzone and numerous others. He did hit McMillan and he is lucky McMillan can play the position well. On top of that o-line doesn't provide much time in pass pro. Happy to be wrong about this game.

Morris has no touch whatsoever. He is frustrating to watch but check-down-Brown can be the same way.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,636

I think it’s more their linebackers in coverage. But yes they’re not great. I have zero faith we can block. Like the Michigan game;)
    Correct. Deep is not generally where Oregon gives up yards. It’s short over the middle. They’ll give that to you all day and then see if you can finish in the red zone.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

I think under 51 in the rain is a better bet than Oregon -7.

They're both easy money.

I get your logic, but doesn't that just rely on weirdness and intangible silliness? There isn't one area on the field where UW us a good matchip for the quooks. They can run, and have a fast QB which UW has proven to have no answer for. They have an excellent and diverse pass rush against a UW OL that struggles with all but the most vanilla pass rush schemes. They rarely commit more than 4 to rush the passer, and 7 defenders are more than enough to handle the UW route tree for the 2-3 seconds it takes for Morris to shit himself and throw it away or run into a sack.

I know Oregon is a mid tier, top 20 team. That's probably going to be enough to put up 28-31 points. I've no reason to believe that the UW offense that struggled to score against Arizona and Stanford is going to stay within two scores of that.

My prediction is that Oregon grinds out 14-17 points while the IW offense flounders. We'll see some signs of life in the late third or 4th but the worn out defense will give up a couple of big plays late.

Oregon 31-13.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    jecornel said:

@FremontTroll I think you underestimate Huard’s abilities and his academically prowess. He ran a more complex offense in high school than John don’s trash.

Huard just needs to know where Kayvon is lined up.

Yes, if brown socks could start as a true freshman Huard can. Oregon is a top 15 team not #4.

I guess you haven’t watch Dmo this year. He can throw one ball. Good luck with that.

My point had nothing to do with Huard's abilities just common sense.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854

I have been the world’s biggest dmo hater. Dont you put this on me
    @FremontTroll you are saying this staff operates with common sense? Please explain.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

That same horrid Stanford offense that UW shut down scored 24 in regulation (untimed down!!!) and 31 over all against your ducks

I get it. I've now watched three UW games and it is fucking painful to sit there and watch a cripple fight against ourselves.

But you throw out the records when non rivals meet.

It comes down to #5 knocking Morris out of the game early then UW runs the I formation up the ass of the duck defense and profit!

Furd had WR's when they played Oregon. Their best was having a good day, TD reception, before he had is ankle turned the wrong direction. Then their WR that killed Oregon that day went down after the Duck game. I think they lost their 3 best WR's before UW game. They basically had Hodges against UW.
    :D
    Gonna trail me like a little puppy dog? You're adorable, Haie. Now FO.
    Quook who banged his head against his keyboard when coming up with a handle. Yes, I trail you.
    Like I said, here Boy. Fetch. Weirdo.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

That same horrid Stanford offense that UW shut down scored 24 in regulation (untimed down!!!) and 31 over all against your ducks

I get it. I've now watched three UW games and it is fucking painful to sit there and watch a cripple fight against ourselves.

It comes down to #5 knocking Morris out of the game early then UW runs the I formation up the ass of the duck defense and profit!

Oregon Washington is as much of a rivalry as UW WSU.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Oregon Washington is as much of a rivalry as UW WSU.

How you possibly care about WSU as much as Duck
    jecornel said:

@FremontTroll you are saying this staff operates with common sense? Please explain.

No, I am saying you don’t. Nothing new there though.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter
    Can't wait till UW wins.
    dtd said:

Can't wait till UW wins.

Patience
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    jecornel said:

@FremontTroll I think you underestimate Huard’s abilities and his academically prowess. He ran a more complex offense in high school than John don’s trash.

Huard just needs to know where Kayvon is lined up.

Yes, if brown socks could start as a true freshman Huard can. Oregon is a top 15 team not #4.

I guess you haven’t watch Dmo this year. He can throw one ball. Good luck with that.

Most didn’t think Brown socks would start as a true frosh in here
    edited November 2021
    I live rent-free in @FremontTroll head for some reason. Enjoy that dive right then a slant pass to McMillan followed up by a pass over Culp's head to the sideline. Enjoy!

Reminder, this offense appears to have three solid receivers, the best tight end in the conference, and Giles Jackson who has elite speed. You can't find a single package to use Jackson? You can't find McGrew in the passing game? Oh, that's right, Dmo can't throw the football.

We all enjoyed the rushing game against the last place rushing defense last week.

Of course, they won't roll out Huard in this game but if this guy was the #1 pro-style QB in the country and played all four years in high school he can play. Jimmy said after the Zona game they had plans to get him on the field regardless of Dmo's health. This team appears to be built for throwing not running the damn ball. Allegedly Huard is an elite talent. I guarantee Sam would be 100% be fired up to play. Best way to learn is to get thrown into the fire.

Did anyone expect Tui to come in for Brock and almost beat Nebraska? Does anyone remember Pickett's first career start? Did anyone expect Carson Bruener to have 15 tackles, FF, and a sack in his first start? The list goes on. Talented players show up when called on.

You’re an idiot and you missed the point entirely.

Thank you.

You’re an idiot and you missed the point entirely.