Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy's keeping Donovan

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Firing Donovan accomplishes nothing.

Nah it actually increases the chances some key pieces stay out of the portal. Obviously firing Lake is the superior move but that isn’t happening mid season. Canning Donovan now could do some good.
    I don't know, sermon seeker. I get what you're saying, but I'm not playing 4 D chess on this.

Until Lake is gone, I'm gonna have a hard time giving a shit about Husky Football right now including the transfer portal.

I'm not renewing my season tickets and am mentally prepared for Owen in '22.

Fair enough. I still have a little fight in me. I’m sure it will be in vain.
    2 Chronicles 15:7

7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

Good point and I thought he was a good OC hire away from having a good staff. But then:

1. He hires the assistant to theRB coach of the shitty Jags to be his OC

2. The 2021 class closed with a wimper

3. Kwat leaves and he was the brains behind the D plus also helped Malloe out with the DL.

4. He promotes Bobby Gregory to DC rather than find a better DC who can also recruit.

5. Lake hires internally to promote a grad assistant to coach the DL.

6. Rumors circulate that Kwat couldn't stand Jimmy Lake and hated working for him.

7. The 2021 class gets off to a weak start and 4 players de-commit, with Jon Wilner pointing out the trouble brewing in August of 2021.

8. Lake loses to Montana.

9. Lake loses to Oregon State a month later and with many of the same deficiencies plaguing the team.

10. He stands by his shitty OC hire going into a bye week when it is blindingly obvious to everyone that JonDon's offense goes major stretches stalling, which tires out the D.

11. No up and coming coach would want to join this sinking ship should Smug Lake happen to keep his job so he'd be stuck with the same crappy coordinators who can't recruit. That's not exactly a recipe for success in competing for top West Coast recruits, including those from WA.

Don’t ever forget
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Nah it actually increases the chances some key pieces stay out of the portal. Obviously firing Lake is the superior move but that isn’t happening mid season. Canning Donovan now could do some good.
    I don't know, sermon seeker. I get what you're saying, but I'm not playing 4 D chess on this.

Until Lake is gone, I'm gonna have a hard time giving a shit about Husky Football right now including the transfer portal.

7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”
    HH is no place for Sirmon seekers!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

biak1 said:

biak1 said:

HFNY said:

6. Rumors circulate that Kwat couldn't stand Jimmy Lake and hated working for him.

Has this been legitimately reported anywhere? IIRC it was all hyper read between the lines without a lot of substance.
    Don’t know…but Marcus Peters was on this one early.
    Marcus Peters was misunderstood prophet.
    Obligatory

./﹋\
    (҂`_´)
    <,︻╦╤─ -- - - -- - -- Allahu Akbar الله اكبر
    ./﹋\ </p>
    @PurpleBaze??? True???
    Your eyes are as good as mine.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

HH is no place for Sirmon seekers!
    That was my alternate but I had to stick with the original.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

biak1 said:

HFNY said:

Has this been legitimately reported anywhere? IIRC it was all hyper read between the lines without a lot of substance.
    Don’t know…but Marcus Peters was on this one early.
    Marcus Peters was misunderstood prophet.
    Aren't we all???