Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy's keeping Donovan

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

gmo said:

Why does it matter if people were on board with the Jimmy hire when it happened?

After plenty of evidence he's very clearly a disaster really on all fronts.

It matters because the implication is "no one could have seen this coming" which lets Jen off the hook and I disagree massively with that. I won't lie and say I thought Jimmy would be this bad (I thought he'd at least recruit decently) but I hated the hire at the time and feel my reasoning was solid. It's fine if a bunch of homer message bored poasters look past all that because they're excited about a change. It's not fine if the person in charge of the AD uses that same blind homer reasoning.

Jen fucked this up. Royally.
    The counter to that is, did OU and tOSU conduct national searches prior to promoting Riley and Day? I could probably find out but I recall it was a pretty swift change at both schools. The difference obviously is those guys were OCs and I did have some slight concern that promoting a defensive minded coach in today's CFB would be a mistake. However, I had no idea Jimmy's vision for an effective offense would be this shit show we have right now.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Jimmy is a good/great DB coach that got lucky Kwat was willing to be his training wheels for so long and then lucked into a HC position when Peterson quit.

Makes sense why he seems so lazy (strength/conditioning, game planning, coaching hires, recruiting), he thinks success or failure sits on a knife edge made out of luck.

He is too fucking stupid and arrogant to understand that great success is built on a lot of small success. He thinks its just a few key things that did or didn't go his way.

Every time he has a pressed at this point he’s pissing more and more people off
    I've never been more pissed at a Husky coach than I am at Jimmy Lake. FTG.
    He’s blowing right past Tyrone at record speed levels
    Hate is misplaced. It has to be the AD. Has to be.
    Its the AD when she doesn't fire Jimmy after this season (which she won't but still...) everyone here was on board with hiring Jimmy in the first place and its hindsight bullshit to claim otherwise.
    Not everyone.
    95%. And people who now claim to be against it at best were wishy-washy. There was no real debate at the time.
    I wasn't wishy washy.

I agree there was 95% support, at least.
    Huh, I could have sworn I remembered you being on board the Jimmy train. Kudos to you.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Jimmy is a good/great DB coach that got lucky Kwat was willing to be his training wheels for so long and then lucked into a HC position when Peterson quit.

Makes sense why he seems so lazy (strength/conditioning, game planning, coaching hires, recruiting), he thinks success or failure sits on a knife edge made out of luck.

He is too fucking stupid and arrogant to understand that great success is built on a lot of small success. He thinks its just a few key things that did or didn't go his way.

Its the AD when she doesn't fire Jimmy after this season (which she won't but still...) everyone here was on board with hiring Jimmy in the first place and its hindsight bullshit to claim otherwise.
    Not everyone.
    95%. And people who now claim to be against it at best were wishy-washy. There was no real debate at the time.
    I wasn't wishy washy.

Huh, I could have sworn I remembered you being on board the Jimmy train. Kudos to you.
    If memory serves correctly @GrundleStiltzkin and @DerekJohnson were also pretty strongly opposed.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Not everyone.
    I wasn't wishy washy.

If memory serves correctly @GrundleStiltzkin and @DerekJohnson were also pretty strongly opposed.
    I was pessimistic but willing to LIPO bc what the fuck else can you do?

Did not think it would fall apart this badly or quickly though. Glad it might be over soon because of that though.
    Sending certain members of the staff does more damage than good at this point.

Not changing coaches is going to have them recruiting their asses off just to keep talent on the roster and field 85. It’s about to get real.

Teams see our roster and will gladly cherry-pick the younger talent.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

gmo said:

Why does it matter if people were on board with the Jimmy hire when it happened?

After plenty of evidence he's very clearly a disaster really on all fronts.

It matters because the implication is "no one could have seen this coming" which lets Jen off the hook and I disagree massively with that. I won't lie and say I thought Jimmy would be this bad (I thought he'd at least recruit decently) but I hated the hire at the time and feel my reasoning was solid. It's fine if a bunch of homer message bored poasters look past all that because they're excited about a change. It's not fine if the person in charge of the AD uses that same blind homer reasoning.

Jen fucked this up. Royally.
    The counter to that is, did OU and tOSU conduct national searches prior to promoting Riley and Day? I could probably find out but I recall it was a pretty swift change at both schools. The difference obviously is those guys were OCs and I did have some slight concern that promoting a defensive minded coach in today's CFB would be a mistake. However, I had no idea Jimmy's vision for an effective offense would be this shit show we have right now.
    The biggest issue with this is those guys were longer tenured and more successful as coordinators than Lake was, and they didn’t have the architect of their system on staff holding their hands.

Jimmy was only a coordinator for two seasons, one was mediocre and it was the more recent one.

He was not in Riley/Days class as a coordinator.
    Those guys took over units that needed improvement and improved them to the best in the country. Jimmy took over a loaded defense and made them slightly worse.

Jimmy would land on his feet with a good college DC job, maybe even a pro one. He’s a pretty good football coach. What he is not, is a head coach. He sucks at that. His hiring has been horrible, the recruiting is horrible, and most importantly, his record shows he sucks.
    The biggest red flag virtually everyone ignored is Will Harris.

I guarantee that was a Jimmy hire and he’s been worthless since day one.
    People have been on Will Harris for a long time now