Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy's keeping Donovan

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Jimmy is a good/great DB coach that got lucky Kwat was willing to be his training wheels for so long and then lucked into a HC position when Peterson quit.

Makes sense why he seems so lazy (strength/conditioning, game planning, coaching hires, recruiting), he thinks success or failure sits on a knife edge made out of luck.

He is too fucking stupid and arrogant to understand that great success is built on a lot of small success. He thinks its just a few key things that did or didn't go his way.

Every time he has a pressed at this point he’s pissing more and more people off
    I've never been more pissed at a Husky coach than I am at Jimmy Lake. FTG.
    He’s blowing right past Tyrone at record speed levels
    Hate is misplaced. It has to be the AD. Has to be.
    Jen needs to go … nobody is debating that
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Jimmy is a good/great DB coach that got lucky Kwat was willing to be his training wheels for so long and then lucked into a HC position when Peterson quit.

Makes sense why he seems so lazy (strength/conditioning, game planning, coaching hires, recruiting), he thinks success or failure sits on a knife edge made out of luck.

He is too fucking stupid and arrogant to understand that great success is built on a lot of small success. He thinks its just a few key things that did or didn't go his way.

Its the AD when she doesn't fire Jimmy after this season (which she won't but still...) everyone here was on board with hiring Jimmy in the first place and its hindsight bullshit to claim otherwise.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Its the AD when she doesn't fire Jimmy after this season (which she won't but still...) everyone here was on board with hiring Jimmy in the first place and its hindsight bullshit to claim otherwise.
    Not everyone.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

I get the sense that jenn understands football is king and knows it has to be good. She does her best to hire a coach she think will be good and gets out of the way. In itself not the worst strategy. She is supportive to whomever is in charge.

But what happens when Pete gets to the cusp and doesn’t like what he sees in big time football. She sure as hell isnt doing anything to push Pete or the program over the top. Instead she kisses ass and talks about how great they’re doing.

When she makes an awful hire like we’re witnessing now, what happens when quick decisions need to be made to repair the derailed train. Can she convince the university we need to do it, raise funds etc…? Probably not.

And even if she did, she is not a good manager of managers to get us over the top.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Not everyone.
    95%. And people who now claim to be against it at best were wishy-washy. There was no real debate at the time.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Not everyone.
    I have screenshots of me telling Cuog friends that they made a better hire in Rolo than UW did with Lake. I stand by that take. #profileincourage
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

If only someone said we’d be better off moving on from Jimmy …
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

I get the sense that jenn understands football is king and knows it has to be good. She does her best to hire a coach she think will be good and gets out of the way. In itself not the worst strategy. She is supportive to whomever is in charge.

But what happens when Pete gets to the cusp and doesn’t like what he sees in big time football. She sure as hell isnt doing anything to push Pete or the program over the top. Instead she kisses ass and talks about how great they’re doing.

When she makes an awful hire like we’re witnessing now, what happens when quick decisions need to be made to repair the derailed train. Can she convince the university we need to do it, raise funds etc…? Probably not.

And even if she did, she is not a good manager of managers to get us over the top.
    I’m trying to not take the gloves off today … having a hard time not doing it
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Not everyone.
    95%. And people who now claim to be against it at best were wishy-washy. There was no real debate at the time.
    I wasn't wishy washy.

I agree there was 95% support, at least.