Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

Comments

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    So a guy moved two years ago and thinks the registrar should have noticed.

Some deep/surveillance state, huh?

States can and should update the voter rolls at least once a year, no? Or is it racist voter purging, as it was called by Stacey Abrams in Georgia.
    Update the rolls by telepathy?
    Is that how it's done?
    I'm asking you. You think the registrar should have understood the voter's intent?

It's the state's responsibility to keep up to date and accurate voter rolls. I thought you were the expert on civics here. Sheesh.

I'm sure he'll be dropped before long, assuming he hasn't been casting his California ballots.

The presumption is in favor of an existing state citizenship in the absence of a clear intent to change one's state citizenship.

A really simple solution is to remove himself from the rolls by notifying the registrar.
    Someone moves out of state, California finds them, and sends them a ballot. No problem there.
    Doubt they "found him" anymore than any other address forwarding system "finds" someone.

Simple solution, if he intended a change of state citizenship, don't vote the California ballot.

If only there were ways for a state to flag things like that proactively. Well shoots, I reckon we'll just wait for everyone that moves to notify us.
    People move across state lines all the time without intending to change their citizenship.

And voter rolls will always be imperfect.
    But any attempt to make the process better is racist. Got it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    States are based on residency not citizenship
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,306
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

States can and should update the voter rolls at least once a year, no? Or is it racist voter purging, as it was called by Stacey Abrams in Georgia.
    Is that how it's done?
    I'm asking you. You think the registrar should have understood the voter's intent?

It's the state's responsibility to keep up to date and accurate voter rolls. I thought you were the expert on civics here. Sheesh.

I'm sure he'll be dropped before long, assuming he hasn't been casting his California ballots.

The presumption is in favor of an existing state citizenship in the absence of a clear intent to change one's state citizenship.
    Attaboy. But you do see the problem. No state sits back passively and waits to be notified. But we are talking about California here, and so it's not surprising.
    He doesn't have to vote his ballot. It's not much of a problem.
    It is a problem, because he/she/they can. So can anyone who gets the ballots, mailed to dead people and so on. But as long as they vote democrat, no biggie I guess.
    It's a good thing we actually police things like that. At least a couple of Daddy's voters learned that the hard way.

We?
    You're not American?
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Oh good.

Then "We the people" is familiar to you.

Is there a version in English?
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

Attaboy. But you do see the problem. No state sits back passively and waits to be notified. But we are talking about California here, and so it's not surprising.
    It is a problem, because he/she/they can. So can anyone who gets the ballots, mailed to dead people and so on. But as long as they vote democrat, no biggie I guess.
    It's a good thing we actually police things like that. At least a couple of Daddy's voters learned that the hard way.

We?
    You're not American?
    Oh good.

Movie quote whoosh.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

We?
    You're not American?
    Oh good.

Movie quote whoosh.
    Okay

What movie?
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

We?
    You're not American?
    Oh good.

Movie quote whoosh.
    Okay

What movie?
    C'mon man
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

We?
    You're not American?
    Oh good.

Movie quote whoosh.
    Okay

What movie?
    C'mon man
    I'm sure I haven't seen it, whatever it is.
    hardhat said:
    Hey!

Here's a thought: don't commit a felony by trying to vote the ballot.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 32,982 Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Why do other countries require voter id?
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
    So why not state ID which we have now.

Oh I just answered my question

Don't support an obvious solution that is available today. Go for a horrible solution that no one wants other than fascists.

California automatically registers any one unless they opt out. Including illegals!

About 450k people sent jury summons responded they couldn't serve because they're not not citizens!

Anyone can show up register and vote as well.
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
    So why not state ID which we have now.

Oh I just answered my question

Don't support an obvious solution that is available today. Go for a horrible solution that no one wants other than fascists.

California automatically registers any one unless they opt out. Including illegals!

About 450k people sent jury summons responded they couldn't serve because they're not not citizens!

Anyone can show up register and vote as well.
    Right.

They do it all the time. They just don't ever get caught.

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Hey!

Yeah, you keep saying that. I'd also like to ask all citizens to not commit crimes. Just a thought.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Hey!

Yeah, you keep saying that. I'd also like to ask all citizens to not commit crimes. Just a thought.
    I just don't vote my kids' ballots when they arrive here. It's a system that's worked for me.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,972 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Hey!

I just don't vote my kids' ballots when they arrive here. It's a system that's worked for me.
    So, your the last honest leftard (like that's even remotely true). You lie like a rug right now for political power and I'm supposed to believe that you actually care about ballot integrity.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    HHusky said:

doogie said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

I've been saying this for years. Just provide everyone a national ID card.

Which side of the aisle will most strongly object to that proposal?

Of course the left wants a national ID registry

They just gave the Taliban the one from Afghanistan

States run elections

The side that aren’t fascist

Squeal like a pig over free state ID

Demand a national data base

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    That would be now dumbass
    Which counties are giving away birth certificates? (King County wants $25)
    It’s now King County’s responsibility to keep track of your free shit you’ve already been given?
    In English?
    I know you’re stupid but This stupid?
    HHusky said:

You're stupid

Got it?

HHusky said:

You're stupid

Got it?
    Not stupid enough to have said this:

"States are based on residency not citizenship"

What does it mean?
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

You're stupid

Got it?
    Not stupid enough to have said this:

"States are based on residency not citizenship"

What does it mean?
    Disagree
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,456 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Are there are reasons that are presumably racist?
    Seems like an argument there are would fail.
    So it's not racist to require voter id.
    It's not racist to require a National ID, issued to every citizen without exception at the nation's expense. Apparently it's merely fascist, per Race.
    Is it racist to require that ID to vote? And if it is issued to a citizen?
    A national ID is issued to citizens. If we uniformly say you have to show it as a condition of voting, I don't see how that can be racist.

A fucking waste of time and resources, sure, but not racist.
    I'd have to ask again why other countries do it if it's such a fucking waste of time.
    Taking the information off the ID is probably just a substitute for what a poll worker already asks you at a polling place in the U.S. If it ever became the norm here, the same substitution of energy would apply. But the actual implementation of a national ID program, if it is implemented solely in order to prevent voter impersonation, is an enormous waste of money and effort. The crime isn't being committed in the first place.
    But leaving behind billions of weapons isn’t an enormous waste of money, Dazzler?

Quite the selective fiscal conservative.