Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

Comments

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

I've been saying this for years. Just provide everyone a national ID card.

Which side of the aisle will most strongly object to that proposal?

Of course the left wants a national ID registry

They just gave the Taliban the one from Afghanistan

States run elections

The side that aren’t fascist

Squeal like a pig over free state ID

Demand a national data base

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    That would be now dumbass
    Which counties are giving away birth certificates? (King County wants $25)
    Where are you going with this birth certificate thing? Because you need ID just to get it, such as a social security card...which is free.
    You need ID to get "free ID". A social security card is not by itself enough to get a "free ID" in any state I've looked at.
    How would anyone get these magical national id cards at some point in the future? By showing some form of ID maybe?
    It will take awhile to phase it in. Obviously you can assign a number at birth (in the US, not Kenya).

I'm sure if the same furreners who require voter ID could figure it out, real 'muricans can too.
    It would take time to phase anything in. Even now, a state could issue this, making it free for those that do not have the money to pay for it, or to just not charge for it at all and to automatically issue it to everyone that has a driver's license or passport. It's possible. But what bothers me, snarkiness aside:
    Isn't it racist to require ID to vote? This was an argument until quite recently. It was also said that it was too hard for black people to get to a Xerox machine.
    It's a fucking silly waste of energy and money to prevent a crime that isn't being committed. I've never said it's racist. If the very young and old, the poor, or African Americans were overwhelmingly voting Republican, Republicans would never turn down those votes and wouldn't sponsor voter ID legislation. This is only about who votes Democrat; nobody is trying to suppress the vote because of race.
    The fact that most countries in the world require it invalidates that conspiracy theory.
    C'mon. You got a Roosevelt education and you're not on the GOP payroll. You know this is about how certain populations vote. Voter impersonation at the polls is a felony--the prize for taking that risk is one vote--and your odds of ever seeing it rival your odds of winning the grand prize in the Powerball drawing.

A national ID program to prevent voter impersonation is a boondoggle. But I am willing to see us adopt it in order to avoid this evidence-free claim of massive voter impersonation in future. It won't be the first good money we've ever thrown after bad.
    Why do other countries require voter id?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    The FAA ring a bell?

• Options

thechatch said:

• Options
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

States run elections

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    Where are you going with this birth certificate thing? Because you need ID just to get it, such as a social security card...which is free.
    You need ID to get "free ID". A social security card is not by itself enough to get a "free ID" in any state I've looked at.
    How would anyone get these magical national id cards at some point in the future? By showing some form of ID maybe?
    It will take awhile to phase it in. Obviously you can assign a number at birth (in the US, not Kenya).

I'm sure if the same furreners who require voter ID could figure it out, real 'muricans can too.
    It would take time to phase anything in. Even now, a state could issue this, making it free for those that do not have the money to pay for it, or to just not charge for it at all and to automatically issue it to everyone that has a driver's license or passport. It's possible. But what bothers me, snarkiness aside:
    Isn't it racist to require ID to vote? This was an argument until quite recently. It was also said that it was too hard for black people to get to a Xerox machine.
    It's a fucking silly waste of energy and money to prevent a crime that isn't being committed. I've never said it's racist. If the very young and old, the poor, or African Americans were overwhelmingly voting Republican, Republicans would never turn down those votes and wouldn't sponsor voter ID legislation. This is only about who votes Democrat; nobody is trying to suppress the vote because of race.
    I strenuously object. If black people voted Republican and they needed those votes, sure. But they’d take away their right to vote completely, the second they thought they could win without them, if they could.
  • Options

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

I strenuously object. If black people voted Republican and they needed those votes, sure. But they’d take away their right to vote completely, the second they thought they could win without them, if they could.
    Are you saying no black people vote republican?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

JFC

The democrats are all in on winning with Hispanics and abandoning Blacks

They ran a virulent racist and won
  • Options

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

JFC

Dems aren't doing well with hispanics either. Latinx was a bit of a miserable failure. Obsession with chicks with dicks competing against girls in high school sports backfired.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Maybe you should move to one of those countries.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

More African Americans voted GOP for Trump than any other presidential candidate in the last 30 years by a factor of what 10% or close to that? They are fleeing the RAT plantation. Oh and I believe he garnered a much higher Latina vote than any other previous GOP candidate as well. So Trump won minorities over all previous GOP cucks by a massive margin yet Colonel Pike got more votes in the history of presidential races....Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...
  • Options

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

JFC

One racist defeats another racist. American electoral history in a nutshell.
  • Options

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Maybe you should move to one of those countries.
    Maybe you can remove the buttplug and try to answer the question.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

JFC

You voted for the racist

I didn't
  • Options
    thechatch said:

Looks like it's going to be a long wait.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,824
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

JFC

You voted for the racist

I didn't
    At least he's admitting Biden is a racist. You can't imagine how hard that must be for him. Facts are HARD
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,013
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Man. If this was a fight and the cornerman hadn't yet thrown in the towel, they would lose their license and probably be arrested for manslaughter.

Painful.
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

More African Americans voted GOP for Trump than any other presidential candidate in the last 30 years by a factor of what 10% or close to that? They are fleeing the RAT plantation. Oh and I believe he garnered a much higher Latina vote than any other previous GOP candidate as well. So Trump won minorities over all previous GOP cucks by a massive margin yet Colonel Pike got more votes in the history of presidential races....Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...
    And Trump still lost those voting blocs (to a racist!) by a yuge amount. Congrats on your moral victory though.
  • Options

RoadTrip said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

And Trump still lost those voting blocs (to a racist!) by a yuge amount. Congrats on your moral victory though.
    Congrats on being a snarktard while making an ass out of yourself.