Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,306
    edited September 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Why do other countries require voter id?
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
    Are there are reasons that are presumably racist?
    Seems like an argument there are would fail.
    So it's not racist to require voter id.
    It's not racist to require a National ID, issued to every citizen without exception at the nation's expense. Apparently it's merely fascist, per Race.
    Is it racist to require that ID to vote? And if it is issued to a citizen?
    A national ID is issued to citizens. If we uniformly say you have to show it as a condition of voting, I don't see how that can be racist.

A fucking waste of time and resources, sure, but not racist.
    I'd have to ask again why other countries do it if it's such a fucking waste of time.
    Taking the information off the ID is probably just a substitute for what a poll worker already asks you at a polling place in the U.S. If it ever became the norm here, the same substitution of energy would apply. But the actual implementation of a national ID program, if it is implemented solely in order to prevent voter impersonation, is an enormous waste of money and effort. The crime isn't being committed in the first place.
    hardhat said:
    So a guy moved two years ago and thinks the registrar should have noticed.

Some deep/surveillance state, huh?

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

States can and should update the voter rolls at least once a year, no? Or is it racist voter purging, as it was called by Stacey Abrams in Georgia.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

States can and should update the voter rolls at least once a year, no? Or is it racist voter purging, as it was called by Stacey Abrams in Georgia.
    Update the rolls by telepathy?
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?
    I'm asking you. You think the registrar should have understood the voter's intent?

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?
    I'm asking you. You think the registrar should have understood the voter's intent?

It's the state's responsibility to keep up to date and accurate voter rolls. I thought you were the expert on civics here. Sheesh.

edited September 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

It's the state's responsibility to keep up to date and accurate voter rolls. I thought you were the expert on civics here. Sheesh.

I'm sure he'll be dropped before long, assuming he hasn't been casting his California ballots.

The presumption is in favor of an existing state citizenship in the absence of a clear intent to change one's state citizenship.

A really simple solution is to remove himself from the rolls by notifying the registrar.
    edited September 2021
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

I'm sure he'll be dropped before long, assuming he hasn't been casting his California ballots.

The presumption is in favor of an existing state citizenship in the absence of a clear intent to change one's state citizenship.
    Attaboy. But you do see the problem. No state sits back passively and waits to be notified. But we are talking about California here, and so it's not surprising.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

Attaboy. But you do see the problem. No state sits back passively and waits to be notified. But we are talking about California here, and so it's not surprising.
    He doesn't have to vote his ballot. It's not much of a problem.
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

It is a problem, because he/she/they can. So can anyone who gets the ballots, mailed to dead people and so on. But as long as they vote democrat, no biggie I guess.
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

A really simple solution is to remove himself from the rolls by notifying the registrar.
    Someone moves out of state, California finds them, and sends them a ballot. No problem there.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

Someone moves out of state, California finds them, and sends them a ballot. No problem there.
    Doubt they "found him" anymore than any other address forwarding system "finds" someone.

Simple solution, if he intended a change of state citizenship, don't vote the California ballot.

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

It is a problem, because he/she/they can. So can anyone who gets the ballots, mailed to dead people and so on. But as long as they vote democrat, no biggie I guess.
    It's a good thing we actually police things like that. At least a couple of Daddy's voters learned that the hard way.

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

Doubt they "found him" anymore than any other address forwarding system "finds" someone.

Simple solution, if he intended a change of state citizenship, don't vote the California ballot.

If only there were ways for a state to flag things like that proactively. Well shoots, I reckon we'll just wait for everyone that moves to notify us.
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

It's a good thing we actually police things like that. At least a couple of Daddy's voters learned that the hard way.

We?
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

We?
    You're not American?
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

We?
    You're not American?
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    edited September 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Is that how it's done?

If only there were ways for a state to flag things like that proactively. Well shoots, I reckon we'll just wait for everyone that moves to notify us.
    People move across state lines all the time without intending to change their citizenship.

And voter rolls will always be imperfect. But if our Virginia pal will stop voting his California ballots, I'm sure California will remove him.