Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2021
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

I've been saying this for years. Just provide everyone a national ID card.

Which side of the aisle will most strongly object to that proposal?

Of course the left wants a national ID registry

They just gave the Taliban the one from Afghanistan

States run elections

The side that aren’t fascist

Squeal like a pig over free state ID

Demand a national data base

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    That would be now dumbass
    Which counties are giving away birth certificates? (King County wants $25)
    Maybe use the $500/ month per child “child tax credit”. They’d still have $475 for weed!
    The elderly poor are unlikely to be receiving a child tax credit.

$25 is actually infinitely times more money than free, btw
    Then peel of $25 from the $2500 or so they got for covid relief. Then they have almost 100 times that amount left for fun!
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,306

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Voter-ID requirements are the norm in many countries, as Republicans are fond of pointing out. But so are national ID cards.

States run elections

Fuck off
    When people aren't spending money they don't have in order to get "free state ID", you'll have a point.

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    Maybe use the $500/ month per child “child tax credit”. They’d still have $475 for weed!
    The elderly poor are unlikely to be receiving a child tax credit.

$25 is actually infinitely times more money than free, btw
    Then peel of $25 from the $2500 or so they got for covid relief. Then they have almost 100 times that amount left for fun!
    The poll tax was only $1.50. You must have approved.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    Where are you going with this birth certificate thing? Because you need ID just to get it, such as a social security card...which is free.
    You need ID to get "free ID". A social security card is not by itself enough to get a "free ID" in any state I've looked at.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,157 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    It’s gonna be a real bitch when they need an ID to go with their vaccine card to buy food.
    So Mike would rather change the subject.

Quite the surprise.
    To what? IDs is the latest topic. How will they manage? Voting, moving around in society…. It’s going to be tough not being able to get that ID.
    The 21,000,000 people estimated to be in that position must be managing. Of course, they can't vote in some states, so there's that.
    The ROI on getting a drivers license is probably higher than any purchase in society even at $25. Should probably charge way more given the opportunities out there.

@HHusky voted for the moron who is jacking up gas prices and inflation directly fucking the poor but he cares about free ID being unaffordable

Biden voters.

Weird that you're worried about them voting then.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HHusky said:

@HHusky voted for the moron who is jacking up gas prices and inflation directly fucking the poor but he cares about free ID being unaffordable

Biden voters.

Who is “them”?

HHusky said:

Biden voters.

Who is “them”?
    I quoted the comment I was replying to. See if you can figure it out.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    Where are you going with this birth certificate thing? Because you need ID just to get it, such as a social security card...which is free.
    You need ID to get "free ID". A social security card is not by itself enough to get a "free ID" in any state I've looked at.
    How would anyone get these magical national id cards at some point in the future? By showing some form of ID maybe?
    edited September 2021
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    It’s gonna be a real bitch when they need an ID to go with their vaccine card to buy food.

Quite the surprise.
    To what? IDs is the latest topic. How will they manage? Voting, moving around in society…. It’s going to be tough not being able to get that ID.
    The 21,000,000 people estimated to be in that position must be managing. Of course, they can't vote in some states, so there's that.
    The ROI on getting a drivers license is probably higher than any purchase in society even at $25. Should probably charge way more given the opportunities out there.
    I'm just glad we agree the "free state ID" bullshit is exactly that.

#Progress
    edited September 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    How would anyone get these magical national id cards at some point in the future? By showing some form of ID maybe?
    It will take awhile to phase it in. Obviously you can assign a number at birth (in the US, not Kenya).

I'm sure if the same furreners who require voter ID could figure it out, real 'muricans can too.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,157 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

Quite the surprise.

#Progress
    Give it away for free, I don’t care. Point is people would willing to pay a lot for it because of what it unlocks. Which tells you it isn’t actually a real problem. If you don’t have an ID I can’t imagine that voting in the midterms is what you care about anyways.
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

Quite the surprise.

#Progress
    Give it away for free, I don’t care. Point is people would willing to pay a lot for it because of what it unlocks. Which tells you it isn’t actually a real problem. If you don’t have an ID I can’t imagine that voting in the midterms is what you care about anyways.
    The Iwo Jima veteran who couldn't vote three or four years back is looking for a driver's license to unlock opportunities?
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off
    It will take awhile to phase it in. Obviously you can assign a number at birth (in the US, not Kenya).

I'm sure if the same furreners who require voter ID could figure it out, real 'muricans can too.
    It would take time to phase anything in. Even now, a state could issue this, making it free for those that do not have the money to pay for it, or to just not charge for it at all and to automatically issue it to everyone that has a driver's license or passport. It's possible. But what bothers me, snarkiness aside:
    Isn't it racist to require ID to vote? This was an argument until quite recently. It was also said that it was too hard for black people to get to a Xerox machine.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

It would take time to phase anything in. Even now, a state could issue this, making it free for those that do not have the money to pay for it, or to just not charge for it at all and to automatically issue it to everyone that has a driver's license or passport. It's possible. But what bothers me, snarkiness aside:
    Isn't it racist to require ID to vote? This was an argument until quite recently. It was also said that it was too hard for black people to get to a Xerox machine.
    It's a fucking silly waste of energy and money to prevent a crime that isn't being committed. I've never said it's racist. If the very young and old, the poor, or African Americans were overwhelmingly voting Republican, Republicans would never turn down those votes and wouldn't sponsor voter ID legislation. This is only about who votes Democrat; nobody is trying to suppress the vote because of race.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Biden voters.

Who is “them”?
    I quoted the comment I was replying to. See if you can figure it out.
    Who is them?
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

It's a fucking silly waste of energy and money to prevent a crime that isn't being committed. I've never said it's racist. If the very young and old, the poor, or African Americans were overwhelmingly voting Republican, Republicans would never turn down those votes and wouldn't sponsor voter ID legislation. This is only about who votes Democrat; nobody is trying to suppress the vote because of race.
    The fact that most countries in the world require it invalidates that conspiracy theory.
    edited September 2021
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

States run elections

Fuck off

Till then . . .

Fuck off

The fact that most countries in the world require it invalidates that conspiracy theory.
    C'mon. You got a Roosevelt education and you're not on the GOP payroll. You know this is about how certain populations vote. Voter impersonation at the polls is a felony--the prize for taking that risk is one vote--and your odds of ever seeing it rival your odds of winning the grand prize in the Powerball drawing.

A national ID program to prevent voter impersonation is a boondoggle. But I am willing to see us adopt it in order to avoid this evidence-free claim of massive voter impersonation in future. It won't be the first good money we've ever thrown after bad.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,850
    Bob_C said:

The IRS has the real teeth and could actually be useful. Require an Id # that is cross checked when taxes are filed. No ID on your form and your taxes aren’t considered filed. Since it’s required to file taxes, it’s no longer racist.

poc dont know how to file taxes